How Cute are These?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  02:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know beanie babies are totally stupid, but has anyone seen the Grateful Dead bears? I think Fluffy has some, but I had forgotten how cute they were until I ran across this website:

http://www.purplemoon.com/grateful_dead_beanie_bears.html

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  02:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They should come out with KISS ones.....those would be wierd.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  08:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ozzy could use some beanie babies, too. But those GD ones are cool, even tho I'm not a big GD fan.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  12:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
everytime i go in a hippie store i always see the deady bears. Anyone seen the Jerry Garcia doll? that one's kinda cool too!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  3:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA I love that Jerry Garcia doll, he's even got little Cords on!

3----------------------->

Isaac
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  3:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really wanted to run a beanie baby counterfeiting ring back in the day when people were paying thousands of dollars for the "rare" ones. Never got around to it though. Oh well.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And what kind of "rare" ones are we talking about? Would they be like Bruce the Homosexual Peacock. Or Poochie the Neurotic Dog.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bruce the homosexual peacock! hahahahahahahaha, what a great name for a rock band!!! harhar!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Back in the day, there were ones that weren't produced as much as others. Then when a particular bear was discontinued, that made it more desireable. Take a few that didn't have a lot floating around out there... discontinue them... add into the equation a glutton with too much money... and voila. You have a $5000 stuffed piece of fabric.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish I had a $5000 stuffed piece of fabric.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:43:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How about Ralph, the Seasick Seal.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not that you need my approval for your signature quotes or anything (and I can't even remember if it was you with RWE), but this is a great quote. This Gandhi character seems like a swell fellow.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  9:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who's Ghandi? Wasn't he in some movie... Ghandi 2?

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  10:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister had one that at one point was "worth" $600. She missed an opportunity. I think there's some sentimental value to it though, so that's probably more important. I might at somepoint buy "Slowpoke the Sloth", ya know, just for the sake of it. Sloths are rising in popularity. Anyone seen Ice Age? Where else has a sloth ever been a main character? But apparantly those sloths, from the ice age, were something like 20 feet long. I don't compare to that. But size doesn't matter, right?

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  10:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Who's Ghandi? Wasn't he in some movie... Ghandi 2?

From the producers of "Harry S. Truman: Nazi President", "Hitler: the World's Greatest Leader" and "Ghandi: the Warmonger" comes a movie that will blow your socks off! It's "GHANDI 2: GHANDI'S REVENGE!!"

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  12:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nahh, i just changed it, because the quote seemed a bit more fitting. Gandhi is only the most important man(in my opinion) of the twentieth century. His peace mentality is just amazing...

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  12:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's the best book for me to read about him?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2002 :  12:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually i have no idea, i saw his movie abuot him and his life, read many things of him and his life off of the internet, but i haven't read any books, but i'm going to the public library soon, so...

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  10:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, my daughter has about 20 of them. They are cute and I like the little stories they have on the tags.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2002 :  3:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bruce the Homosexual Peacock

Hahahahaha!!!!! I'd like to hear the story behind that one!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, I got tons of those bears. I think it is worth mentioning that the 2 you picked out as examples are 2 of my faves. I think it is obvious why. I just bought a couple more while I was in Boulder CO. I have them with me now keeping me company on tour. Ahhhh, tour memories!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  03:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have them with me now keeping me company on tour.

I think this is going to require a picture! I somehow envision them chilling on the dashBOARD of the van or something.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  07:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually they sit on my pillow or bedside table. They ride in my suitcase when we travel. Rew's stuffed animals ride on the dash of the van. Sheets and the skeleton. I will take a picture if you really want to see. They are so cute. LizK once got me a stuffed spider. It is pretty kewl as well. It is guarding my bed at home.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A guard spider? I've gotta get one of those...

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Talk to LizK, maybe she can bring you one when you meet in LA LA LAnd.

I think collecting those things as if they have some "collectible value" is ridiculous. I just have them because I think they are really KEWL!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2002 :  4:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The spider's name is Hairy! I'll keep my eye out for another one Jason if you are interested. Heehee, glad to hear you still have him Fluffy! I'll shop around and look for a companion for Hairy. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  09:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it wrong for a grown man to like stuffed animals?

NO!!! Bring'em on!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  8:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LA LA LAnd. That's good Fluffy, I'll have to remember that one....

-what-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  09:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is it wrong for a grown man to like stuffed animals?

Absolutely NOT! Mr. Fluffy how could you not like fuzzy, cuddly things with a name like that!

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  11:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy said he likes his play things shaved!!! Think he has shaved Hairy yet?

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha, the bald spider! what a name for a male genital organ

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  1:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh you mean Hairy the bald spider is a male....I was referring to Fluffy's female play things.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  1:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
damn i just realized that, it turns out funny as shit my way though!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  9:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
hahaha, the bald spider! what a name for a male genital organ

I like Silky's pet name.....a scared little turtle! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  1:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You must be talking about the turtle from "A Never Ending Story."
-J

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  2:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

LA LA LAnd. That's good Fluffy, I'll have to remember that one....

I think they used that name for LA in "Blast from the Past." That was such a funny movie!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2002 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You must be talking about the turtle from "A Never Ending Story."

Wasn't that thing made of rock?!.........ouch!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  8:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And I got a new one from Liz, a little mouse named "Cheddar" holding a little piece of CHEESE!!! The one I got in Boulder is named "Shakedown", he is purple with little blue skulls all over him. He is way kewl!!! I just got a little pink bear for Eura with little purple flowers sewn on the chest named "Mum". She really liked it. As for Hairy, he is still hairy, but I like the idea of a "bald spider".

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000