ftp password change?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't get into the FTP site .. anyone else having this problem? Was the password changed or something?

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no i think the site is down.....been down for a couple days now

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nope we changed it and every single person here has it but the two of you.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  10:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ftp is down again. . .damn. Oh wait, I only have a phone modem, I cant download any of that stuff quickly! Silly me.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  10:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Buncha bastards ... it was working earlier, I was downloading Petroglyph for MBS - got booted, then couldn't log back in.

argh ... !

-----------
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  10:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, dang, you were doing something for me and here I am pestering you. I don't know what the FTP's problem is. My computer's so slow and connection's so bad that I don't even bother trying to download anything anymore.

But I do appreciate the person that makes it available, when it is available. Thanks!

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2002 :  12:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The password isn't working for me either. I've been working slwoly but surely on still downloading Id. Whoever finds starts downloading and it works, please post a message for it.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2002 :  3:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jon is trying to sort it out, for more info on this matter check:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1622

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2002 :  9:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Fluffy! If you guys need any help, just let me know - I'd be more than happy to help things keep going here :)

Speaking of which, I'm trying to hook up with a web server of my own that'll have gobs of ftp space. If I get my hands on it, I'll donate a Gig or two for ftp :)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  12:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'll donate a Gig or two for ftp :)

Sounds great. Hope that works out Black Lotus.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  05:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Black Lotus, sounds great!! Make sure to let Jon Soldo know. Hell I will for ya, I will repost your message in the other thread.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  6:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, got my hands on the ftp server!!! However, it's gonna cost me just under $40/month. Which, for a 1G server is a fabulous price.

I just have to decide no weather or not to snag it up, I have a few days to think about it. But, if I do get it, it'll be ready in a matter of hours.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  8:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave you are a very kind person!

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2002 :  9:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Liz, but I haven't commited to anything yet. I'm just putting it out there to see what kind of interest I can gather before I make a decision on weather or not to get it.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  02:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go for it! If you want, we could bring like $5 bucks extra to a TR concert, give it to Fluffy, and then he'd in turn give it to you.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  04:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy to Black Lotus: "Money? What money? Noone gave me any money!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  04:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Black Lotus, thanx for the offer, I have sent a email to Jon telling him to stop by this post and let you know if it can help us or not. Maybe it can help you make your decision. Hopefully he will post a response here or email you directly, or you can just email him.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  6:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, number one ... I don't expect, nor would I ever ask anyone to help me foot the bill. I'll do this as a simple token of appreciation for TIM's music and all the fans that want to hear and spread his music. If you want to donate money, that's entirely up to you - again, I don't expect to get help, nor am I asking for it.

Numero Two ... If Jon can clear up the current ftp server, we probably won't need it. But, if he feels that it would be a good idea to get another one up and running, I'll probably get it.

Three ... well, there is no three, but I thought I'd put it here anyway

~Peace

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  6:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh quit being so humble and let us all kiss your ass properly. Thank you BL, that's a great offer whether or not you are taken up on it.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2002 :  8:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again I say, "Noone gave me any money to give to Black Lotus!" I don't know what you are talking about, I never had possessed the aforementiond funds. And NO! I did not buy my self these kewl CD's with that money, there is no way I would do something like that.

by the way this post is Fa-Laaaming!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  01:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  01:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Black Lotus, thanx for the offer!! Have you contacted or heard from Jon about it yet. I will be talking to him tonite or tomorrow. I will mention it to him as well. Thanx again!! It is a very generous offer, whether we end up taking you up on it or not, the offer is appreciated.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  01:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, thanks Black Lotus. . .

Hi Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  02:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Entry Word: sarcasm
Function: noun
Text:
a savage bitter form of humor usually intended to hurt or wound
Synonyms: acerbity, causticity, corrosiveness, sarcasticness
Related Words: humor, irony, raillery, satire, wit; jest, repartee; gibe, lampooning; mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering; acrimony, invective; rancor, sharpness
Contrasted Words: playfulness, waggishness, whimsicality

Thesaurus Symbols
* generally or often considered vulgar

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2002 :  2:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Black Lotus wrote:
quote:
Speaking of which, I'm trying to hook up with a web server of my own that'll have gobs of ftp space. If I get my hands on it, I'll donate a Gig or two for ftp :)

Then he wrote:
quote:
OK, got my hands on the ftp server!!! However, it's gonna cost me just under $40/month. Which, for a 1G server is a fabulous price.

That is kewl it is such a great deal. I don't quite understand about all that space and how FTP's work but here is what I talked about with Jon. By your first post I got the impression that you would have lots of Gigs and were willing to donate a Gig or two for an FTP site for TR. Next post I get the impression you only get 1 Gig. Why would you want to give us the only Gig you get? Am I just not understanding how it works? Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Anyway here's the deal from Jon's end, He says it would be great to have a reliable FTP site to put the MP3's and SHN's for ID and Petroglyph so that when people stopped by the site to download they would ALWAYS be available. The present FTP site seems to be down more than up and Jon has had a hard TIMe getting hold of Dani to find out what is going on. Bottom line, Jon checked, and to host ID and Petroglyph takes up about 1.25 Gigs. IF you only get 1 Gig I certainly don't want to take your only Gig. Hopefully you are getting like 40 or 400 Gigs or something and you can still make the offer of 1 or 2 gigs. LMK and we will see if we can work something out. IF you can't do it, no worries, we still appreciate the offer. You could be the official host of TR "ID" and "Petroglyph". How's that sound? Thanx again for the offer, whatever happens. WE totally understand if you can't spare the space.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  06:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT don't want you to miss this Black Lotus

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2002 :  7:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The entire site is 1G ... I'd get it just to host the TIM stuff. No sweat. Getting more than that gets REALLY expensive. 5G is about $100 a month, that's a bit too expenive for me unless I had some alterier motive or use for it. But, I would have no other use for it than TIM stuff.

I'll look around and see what else I can find at a reasonable price and get back to you.

The other site I was trying to get a hold of kinda fell through, at least for now it did. Friend of mine is supposedely setting up a dedicated server for one of his websites that's he's building. He would have given up MAD amounts of space ... along the lines of 50-75G, which would have rocked. ANd of course, a fee of $25 a month for his troubles :)

Fluffy, shoot me an email and I can give you my number if you want to call me and get more details.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  01:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe someone could just start a Petroglyph Tree. Or start a tree with anything for those of us that will take 3 days to download stuff. Then we can all get it, and we can all trade it.

Trees are good, as long as they are done right, which they often are not. Just ask Ryan from way back, huh?

I'd be willing, and I'd sure help.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2002 :  10:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I made a few phone calls today, so I'm waiting to hear back and see what I can get. I'll keep y'all posted.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  8:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I talked to TR about this subject and he thinks he may have a friend in Santa Fe who can reliably host "ID" and "Petroglyph" so we will see what happens. Thanx to everyone for all there help, support, and ideas concerning this matter. Hopefully we will get it resolved one way or another soon.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000