New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  8:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Down the road from me lives a good friend, and his sister had a friend over named David. He has this white jeep with one hell of a muffler on it. I bet money it'd go faster than my Civic (speaking of Civics, me and my friend Phillip [who also owns one, a greenish blue color, with a cold air induction system] decided to race, and I smoked the hell out of him, but that's another story all together) So anyway, to show off the jeep, he drives down to the dead end on our road were like 20 Mexicans live (I swear it) turns around, and does a reasonable burn out, leaving an OK mark with alot of smoke. We all laugh and have a good time, but 15 minutes later, one of the Mexicans drives up in a big Dodge Ram, and smokes the hell out of his tires and smoke comes up EVERYWHERE, and leaves a mark...oh, maybe about 35-45 feet. LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
The smell lingered in the air for a while, those bastards!

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  12:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*sigh*

When you are impressed by a truck's burnout it's time to go drive a sports car. You'll see the light.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  9:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(Trick to smoking tires) BLEACH
quote:
From my younger days of spending my money on wide tires, air shocks and rebuilt automatic transmissions, it seemed that regular household bleach generated a large amount of smoke from spinning tires. Apply liberally to tires and pour balance in front of rear wheels. When finished don`t forget to wipe rubber residue from rear quarters of the car and proceed directly to AAMCO transmission shop with large supply of dead presidents.

-- Bob Ternes, March 05, 2000; 11:37 P.M. Eastern

quote:
Ellis, the substance that drag racers put under their tires is VHT Tire Bite. For a really nice long smoky burnout, use a small puddle of vegetable oil. If the car has a line lock, you're really in business.

-- Mike Maltese, March 04, 2000; 04:12 P.M. Eastern

quote:
I think in Hollywood they put glycerine on the rear tires to make the smoke in the movies. Get at any drugstore/pharmacy.

-- Paul Purcell, March 04, 2000; 12:54 P.M. Eastern

And now the Explanation:

quote:
The water/bleach/VHT Tire Bite is not what makes the smoke. What makes the smoke is good old rubber. The other stuff is to 1) make it easier to break traction to scrub/heat the tires and 2) reacts with the hot rubber to enhance traction.

-- Terry Carraway, March 06, 2000; 08:52 A.M. Eastern

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for HTG

comments concerning your burnouts!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000