Off to....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  3:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
see DMB at the MCI Center in DC! I'll let you all know how
it goes. Bringing the DAT so I hope I don't get any grief taping. Catch ya later! Peace, Liz

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  7:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have fun! Too bad TR isn't gonna be there.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  9:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got a call a few minutes ago from my close friend who is at that show and he held his phone up for me to hear... damn I wish I were there right now!
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  9:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice! my friends are going to that, they had to pay like 100 bucks each for their ticket for some reason...odd

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  06:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silky, tommorow, DMB go's on sale for Georgia, hell yes! I'm going to drive my friends down to Publix when it opens, and wait for a couple of hours untill they go on sale,

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  08:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's the setlist:

Too Much *
What Would You Say *
I Did It *
Busted Stuff *
Raven *
Warehouse *
Where Are You Going *
Drive In Drive Out *
The Space Between *
Rhyme & Reason
Big Eyed Fish
Bartender *
Grace Is Gone *
Pantala Naga Pampa *
Rapunzel *

Dont Burn The Pig *
Don’t Drink the Water *

Special Guests:

* Butch Taylor

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  09:16:55 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gee, where do I start? First I got in without any problems with the taping equipment. Let me tell ya, some people are assholes. I asked the dude of he would switch seats with me so I could be on the end of the aisle to tape. My seat was about 6 chairs in on the row and he said, no the view is better from my seat. That was fine but he was an idiot because I would have given him a copy of the show. Plus it was a good thing anyway because there were these whiney ass chicks behind me saying, " what is that, what are you doing, this is a special night for us." So I said,I take it I'm bothering you? Under my breath I'm thinking, bend the fuck over while I stick my mic stand up your prissy ass! Then the security dude comes up to me and this other taper and says, bring it down, bring it down! I'm thinking now what? So I start lowering the mic stand thinking his ass is next with the mic stand. LOL! He said we could tape with the mics down to 6 feet. Damn, when the lights went out everyone was jacking up the mics, so I did too. The people behind me were cool and didn't have any problem with it. Of course my batteries died and I didn't get pantala naga pampa and rapunzel on tape. I got the encore though in time after changing batteries and tape. My next investment is a power supply!!! Sorry to ramble, I had to get that off my chest!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  10:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now for the show! For the kick off of the tour I think I'm a little disappointed. Nothing earth shattering to report. It was a good show, but the boys just weren't playing as tight as they usually do.
They really cut the jamming down, the show ended at 10:30. And I must say that's my favorite part, the long jams... You could tell there were a lot of people there that are not familiar with the lillywhite sessions.
Opening with too much was good, but they have done much better versions when they start with under the bridge and go into TOO MUCH. They did a short little kind of funky beat tune after Drive which was cool. It's not on the setlist. Big eyed fish is a tune they have been playing more, dave switched the lyrics a little. Leroi just wasn't making the song, I've heard better in past shows.
I'm sounding a bit critical, but I've been to over 20 plus shows to compare them. This show was good, but not great. I was surprised they played Pig for the encore. Glad it wasn't watchtower. That one is way over played and overrated, except for when they have an awesome special guest electric guitar player. That's where TR comes in! I think I was spoiled by seeing him tour with them and now he's not there. So, there is that missing link thing going on. Tim was the edge for the band!! I'm sorry to say they haven't achieved that level again with Tim out of the picture. I go see DMB next week in Philly so I guess I will see if they were just a little rusty and need to get that groove back.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2002 :  11:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Under my breath I'm thinking, bend the fuck over while I stick my mic stand up your prissy ass!

CHICK FIGHT!

Oh, I remember seeing these two girls fight. A hot hispanic and this nice black girl. They got into it BIG time, slapping, punching, hair pulling. The hispanic managed to rip out the ear ring of the other girl. Then I remember these two black girls beating the living shit out of this guy. (he's a rasict and manages to get his ass kicked by everybody)

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2002 :  10:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey HTG, in all my years I can say I have never had a chick fight. You know the scratching and pulling hair thing. That's not me, I'm generally a very nice and loving kind of gal. If someone is nice to me, I'm nice back. It's as simple as that. But let me tell ya, there have been a bunch of drunk stupid ass chicks at shows that I've had to restrain myself from getting evil on them. I don't hesitate telling them to move the *uck on when they jump seats and have the nerve to try and stand in front of me. I can't tell you how many times that has happened. One show last year this chick get on this dudes shoulders right in front of me. I told the two, that's really bad, what the *uck are you doing. So she gets down and I thanked them. Then I feel someone tapping my back. I'm thinking oh shit, and it's this really big dude. He high fives me for getting the chick out of the way! LOL! It scared me, I thought it was someone going to beat me up.
Fluffy I don't know how you deal with that crap all the time.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2002 :  8:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Liz commented:
quote:
Fluffy I don't know how you deal with that crap all the time.
It really isn't that EZ at first, then you come to accept the fact that it is part of the job. People are gonna act like dumbshits. Add alcohol to the mix and it just makes it that much more stupid. I think people just need to learn how to behave. If more people would just act like they are in their home maybe we wouldn't have so many problems. Althought after having talked to alot of these people after busting them for doing stupid stuff, I really believe alot of them probably behave like this in their own homes as well. There just seems to be a lack of consideration for your fellow man(or woman) these days. Everywhere you go, concerts, driving, grocery store, etc etc etc Everyone is ME ME ME! Pretty sad when you stop and think about it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  01:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tru dat f.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  12:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
couldn't agree more fluffy, a sad commentary on the lives of society as a whole

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  2:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This comes back to something I mentioned in an earlier post:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1163

quote:
It is true, I am slow on the uptake with this new-fangled world we live in. I like the old tried and true. I am a simple man(mind) who like the simpler things in life. Maybe its the Indian in me. I do believe with each new level of technology we lose a litte more of our humanity. There is less interaction with people on a person F2F level than ever before. That cannot be good. As the world goes farther and farther down the toilet, I look for a cause. One I can see is people have a hard time communicating with one another. "I" think this is directly attributable to technology. People don't have deal with other living human beings as much as they did when I was growing up. Now we have speed pass for gas, automatic tellers for banks, shopping online, the list goes on and on. Let me ask you, do you know your butchers name? We just don't interact with people like we used to. To many conveniences that get us around having to communicate or interact with one another. Granted email and the internet have allowed us to communicate with more people that we might have if we didn't have it, but the downside is people spend most of their time on it and now neglect their neighbors, family and friends. It would be great if their could be a happy medium. All these things were supposed to make our lives easier. They have, but at what price. I am not anti-technology but I do think we need to examine how we use it and not let it take us over. I am a people-person. It seems to me so many of the problems of the world are lack of communication or being able to talk to one another. Everyone is so quick to fly off the handle when faced with words or ideas they do not like. Noone is ready to sit down, discuss, and try to work it out. Just slow down and make sure you keep the machines in your life in their place, do not let them become YOUR life. I will step down off my soapbox now before I am accused of brainwashing or suspected of being the next unabomber. PEACE(and communication)

It all kind of goes together in my mind. It is all interrelated. Today I found this story. I was surprised to see that noone has attributed this decline to my hypothesis.

quote:
Survey: Americans More Rude Today

By MATT CRENSON
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (April 3) - People say you're rude.

You walk around bleating into that cell phone as if you're the only person for blocks. You curse like Madonna on Letterman, your kids think the world is their personal playground, and you drive like a maniac.

That's what respondents to a national survey had to say about America's manners.

A full 79 percent of the 2,013 adults surveyed by telephone in January by the research group Public Agenda said a lack of respect and courtesy in American society is a serious problem. Sixty-one percent believe things have gotten worse in recent years.

``You really do see the majority of Americans pretty anxious about these issues,'' said Jean Johnson, director of programs at Public Agenda, a New York-based nonprofit organization. ``People do think this is an area of the society that they would like to see some improvement on.''

Poor customer service has become so rampant that nearly half of those surveyed said they have walked out of a store in the past year because of it. Half said they often see people talking on cellular telephones in a loud or annoying manner. And six drivers in 10 said they regularly see other people driving aggressively or recklessly.

Many people admitted to rude behavior themselves. More than a third said they use foul language in public. About the same percentage confessed to occasional bad driving.

However, at least half of those surveyed said they think things have gotten better when it comes to the treatment of blacks, the physically handicapped and gays.

The results were remarkably consistent geographically, with little difference in rudeness awareness between the heartland and the coasts. Opinion on only one issue - the use of foul language - split significantly among regions of the country. While three out of four Southerners said it is always wrong to take God's name in vain, half of those surveyed from the Northeast said that there is nothing wrong with it or that it falls somewhere between right and wrong.

The survey had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

The researchers followed up their telephone survey with focus groups held in Cleveland; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; St. Louis; Frisco, Texas; Danbury, Conn.; Fort Lee, N.J.; and Berkeley, Calif.

In those discussions, some people blamed overcrowding in malls, stadiums and other public places. Others said Americans' increasingly busy lives are making them ruder. And one woman in Texas blamed The King.

``It was shocking when Elvis was shaking his hips up there, but now we see whole naked bodies,'' she said. ``It started with Elvis, and that was a little overboard, but that was the beginning of what we have today.''

Harvard University professor Robert D. Putnam said the rudeness epidemic is a symptom of growing social isolation. In his 1999 book ``Bowling Alone,'' Putnam argued that television, automobiles, suburbanization and other forces have led to the decline of community organizations that once held Americans together.

``That's causally linked to all sorts of other bad things, like schools not working as well,'' Putnam said. ``Lots of things are connected to this collapse of social connectedness.''

People surveyed by Public Agenda had few solutions. Thirty-six percent said that when confronted with rude behavior, the right thing is to respond with excessive politeness. Twenty percent said it is best to point out the bad behavior. But 42 percent said the best thing to do is just walk away.

AP-NY-04-03-02 0826EST

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  2:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn, Fluffy, your wisdom is never ending. You should start a cult.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not really interested in starting a cult or being any kind of leader, just want to see people open their eyes, start thinking for themselves and generally start working toward making the world a better place for all of us. The people need to take control. I don't mean in an overthrow-the-govt kind of way, I mean in a way that says to the people we put in power, "Hey, I put you there to represent me! So start representing my thoughts and feelings and stop representing your own interests and agendas." blah blah blah yak yak yak I ramble far to much! Sorry, off on a tangent again.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This comes back to something I mentioned in an earlier post:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1163

quote:
It is true, I am slow on the uptake with this new-fangled world we live in. I like the old tried and true. I am a simple man(mind) who like the simpler things in life. Maybe its the Indian in me. I do believe with each new level of technology we lose a litte more of our humanity. There is less interaction with people on a person F2F level than ever before. That cannot be good. As the world goes farther and farther down the toilet, I look for a cause. One I can see is people have a hard time communicating with one another. "I" think this is directly attributable to technology. People don't have deal with other living human beings as much as they did when I was growing up. Now we have speed pass for gas, automatic tellers for banks, shopping online, the list goes on and on. Let me ask you, do you know your butchers name? We just don't interact with people like we used to. To many conveniences that get us around having to communicate or interact with one another. Granted email and the internet have allowed us to communicate with more people that we might have if we didn't have it, but the downside is people spend most of their time on it and now neglect their neighbors, family and friends. It would be great if their could be a happy medium. All these things were supposed to make our lives easier. They have, but at what price. I am not anti-technology but I do think we need to examine how we use it and not let it take us over. I am a people-person. It seems to me so many of the problems of the world are lack of communication or being able to talk to one another. Everyone is so quick to fly off the handle when faced with words or ideas they do not like. Noone is ready to sit down, discuss, and try to work it out. Just slow down and make sure you keep the machines in your life in their place, do not let them become YOUR life. I will step down off my soapbox now before I am accused of brainwashing or suspected of being the next unabomber. PEACE(and communication)

It all kind of goes together in my mind. It is all interrelated. Today I found this story. I was surprised to see that noone has attributed this decline to my hypothesis.

quote:
Survey: Americans More Rude Today

By MATT CRENSON
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (April 3) - People say you're rude.

You walk around bleating into that cell phone as if you're the only person for blocks. You curse like Madonna on Letterman, your kids think the world is their personal playground, and you drive like a maniac.

That's what respondents to a national survey had to say about America's manners.

A full 79 percent of the 2,013 adults surveyed by telephone in January by the research group Public Agenda said a lack of respect and courtesy in American society is a serious problem. Sixty-one percent believe things have gotten worse in recent years.

``You really do see the majority of Americans pretty anxious about these issues,'' said Jean Johnson, director of programs at Public Agenda, a New York-based nonprofit organization. ``People do think this is an area of the society that they would like to see some improvement on.''

Poor customer service has become so rampant that nearly half of those surveyed said they have walked out of a store in the past year because of it. Half said they often see people talking on cellular telephones in a loud or annoying manner. And six drivers in 10 said they regularly see other people driving aggressively or recklessly.

Many people admitted to rude behavior themselves. More than a third said they use foul language in public. About the same percentage confessed to occasional bad driving.

However, at least half of those surveyed said they think things have gotten better when it comes to the treatment of blacks, the physically handicapped and gays.

The results were remarkably consistent geographically, with little difference in rudeness awareness between the heartland and the coasts. Opinion on only one issue - the use of foul language - split significantly among regions of the country. While three out of four Southerners said it is always wrong to take God's name in vain, half of those surveyed from the Northeast said that there is nothing wrong with it or that it falls somewhere between right and wrong.

The survey had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

The researchers followed up their telephone survey with focus groups held in Cleveland; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; St. Louis; Frisco, Texas; Danbury, Conn.; Fort Lee, N.J.; and Berkeley, Calif.

In those discussions, some people blamed overcrowding in malls, stadiums and other public places. Others said Americans' increasingly busy lives are making them ruder. And one woman in Texas blamed The King.

``It was shocking when Elvis was shaking his hips up there, but now we see whole naked bodies,'' she said. ``It started with Elvis, and that was a little overboard, but that was the beginning of what we have today.''

Harvard University professor Robert D. Putnam said the rudeness epidemic is a symptom of growing social isolation. In his 1999 book ``Bowling Alone,'' Putnam argued that television, automobiles, suburbanization and other forces have led to the decline of community organizations that once held Americans together.

``That's causally linked to all sorts of other bad things, like schools not working as well,'' Putnam said. ``Lots of things are connected to this collapse of social connectedness.''

People surveyed by Public Agenda had few solutions. Thirty-six percent said that when confronted with rude behavior, the right thing is to respond with excessive politeness. Twenty percent said it is best to point out the bad behavior. But 42 percent said the best thing to do is just walk away.

AP-NY-04-03-02 0826EST

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy fluff_alien.gif">yinyang.gif">skull.gif">bigeyes2.gif">censored.gif">weeping.gif">kitty.gif">sonar.gif">darkside.gif">

Still good stuff as always.

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's more of a Republic, Fluffmeister. The current state of US Democracy is pretty good...could be improved. If you don't like it, go live in Cuba or China or North Korea. Or start working with political leaders...write a congressman or something.

Peace.

I once saw this movie where this SPEEDing bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED went below 50, it would blow up...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm back, I didn't really like the way that last one came out, so I thought I would ramble on some more and try giving it another shot. Maybe a better way to put it is, I want to see people take control of their own destiny and excercise this so-called freedom that we all have and seem to take for granted. So many people seem so happy to sit back and let the world go on around them, not realizing what an impact each and everyone of us can make if we just changed or shifted our attitudes a little. Get involved! I know this is pie-in-the-sky thinking, but it is a hope and dream I have that one day we can live in a better world. People don't want to talk about things anymore, they just want to argue and fight. This attitude pervades almost every aspect of our lives. Let me rephrase that, I said they just "want" to argue and fight, maybe I should say, that is how most people end up trying to resolve disputes. I don't think they sit at home looking for a fight or waiting to argue. I just think that unfortunately it is becoming the common and natural reaction to almost any kind of confrontation or situation, whether it be verbal or physical. The world is losing it's people skills. Everyone is more concerned about ME ME ME, than US US US. We live in a society that is "controlled" and "educated" by the media. Most media is directly accountable to the people in power. The people in power say, "speak out against our policies or decisions and you don't get a press pass to the next presidential press conference, or you don't get that interview with so and so". The media need those press passes and interviews to get the advertisers. Media perverted by greed and need. They are no longer interested in providing you unbiased news. They are all about getting the ratings. Ratings mean more advertisers and more money. The govt loves this system as they get to spout their version of the news. We see what they want us to see. They direct our attention away from other issues and cloud our thoughts with misdirection. When was the last time you heard a news story about the last presidential election and the possible improprieties that might have gone on. Suddenly we are thrust into a new problem and the media immediatley jumps on the bandwagon, dropping all prior stories and focus on the immediate bone thrown to them by the govt. It may not be as outright as "Wag the Dog" but I believe there is alot of that kind of misdirection going on. You are so busy watching this hand you don't see the other hand stabbing you in the back. You can pick up numerous books about what the govt has done behind our backs in the 40's 50's and 60's and we are just finding out about it now. You have to believe they have only gotten better at it in the last 50 years. So covert, we may never find out. Not even 50 years from now. What is going on right under our noses, right now concerns me. We are all busy paying attention to a "War on Osama Bin Laden", what could they be distracting us from. Scares me to think what might be going on right under our noses. I probably sound like a conspiracy nut, well I guess in alot of ways I am. Questioning things is not a bad thing at all. Idlly sitting by and accepting what is spoon-fed you is. The govt loves making conspiracy nuts look like whackos!! It discredits them. People start discounting the "Whacko" without even stopping to ask if maybe he could be right. I am not saying all conspiracy theorys are fact or even make sense, but doesn't the law of averages tell you that some of them have to be right? Even if only half of them are close or on the money, that should be enuf to make you angry and start wanting to know more. blah blah blah yak yak yak I should just SHUT UP!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good rant, Fluff-o-matic. I wholeheartedly agree with all of that, governments are overbloated deceptive fat greedy pig bastards.
Better in the U.S. than in other places, though. You gotta admit that.

I once saw this movie where this SPEEDing bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED went below 50, it would blow up...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  3:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
chatterballs said:
quote:
The current state of US Democracy is pretty good...could be improved. If you don't like it, go live in Cuba or China or North Korea.

No thanx, those places suck worse than here!!! Why if you say you don't like the state of the nation, do people tell you to leave. As I have said many time before, it is the best nation in the world, it just needs work. I wanna fix it, and you want me to leave for some worse piece of shit country. I'm sorry that you are completely happy with the way things are. I think they need work. If you like it, sit back and enjoy. Let the rest of us work toward change and making a better world. Example: There are 3 tubs of water. 1 hot, 1 hotter, 1 hottest. I am in the one that is hot, as I don't like my bath hot, I complain. Someone says, "then get out of that tub and get into one of the other 2 tubs". Well that would be just plain stupid of me. I think my time would be better spent trying to adjust the temperature of the tub I am in. Hope this makes sense. If you need a much more detailed expanation on this or other subjects I have mentioned, please refer to:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=847

Make sure you read ALL my comments before you comment. THANX

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  4:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry that it's hard to cross-reference all the heißes Luft (translate that, it's German) you have said over the months, I haven't been here that long.

By the way, read the comment you quoted me on, I said "could be improved" what I meant was should be improved, but that still doesn't mean that I'm "completely happy with the way things are". I'm not saying that you should go live in another country, but damn, everything needs improvement. That much should be obvious to anyone. I'd never say that the US needs no improvement, it needs the most work because it's the best. And about the bathtubs, stop making me think of you all wet...cuz I'm starting to get hot.

That was a joke by the way.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  4:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey fluff I don't think he meant that with malice... just one of those things that probably came across wrong through text. I think we all know what you're saying.
-J

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  4:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks silky, I never meant to cause any pain, I just wanted to hang out with the cool guys! And this is the raddest forum ever...I love you all...not like that though.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  4:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Thanks silky, I never meant to cause any pain, I just wanted to hang out with the cool guys! And this is the raddest forum ever...I love you all...not like that though.

Come to the right place... and it is, isn't it?
-J

Go to Top of Page

chatterballs
Chatterbox

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  4:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yeah...just got addicted to forums again.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  11:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There just seems to be a lack of consideration for your fellow man(or woman) these days.

You are so right Fluffy. Thanks for your response and your tremendous effort in helping to educate our society!! Your a good man!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
From DMB's website:

quote:
We've been out for a week now and have definitely found our groove. The band has been writing some killer set lists, mixing up the old and the new. The energy generated by the audiences this past week has been stellar. Thanks for all the support. We'll see y'all in Providence on Friday.

Wednesday, April 10
11:50 pm EDT

quote:
I go see DMB next week in Philly so I guess I will see if they were just a little rusty and need to get that groove back.

I guess my comment wasn't too far off from last week. And by the way, they were definitely back in the groove last night! Very awesome show. Carter got some solo time and it rocked. Dave changed guitars just about every tune. I taped and it came out good and I actually got all the songs this time. Robert Randolph was an excellent opening act.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2002 :  12:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear... I can't wait until July 8. Sooooo long away.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DMB website said:
quote:
The energy generated by the audiences this past week has been stellar.

Ben Stiller is in DMB? I had no idea! Or are they saying Ben Stiller was in the audience this past week. Or are the saying Ben Stiller has generated all the energy from the crowd that they have seen this week. I am so confused!!

You are right Liz, Robert Randolph ROCKS!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  06:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think they were saying that Ben was somewhere within a 50 mile radius of the event. But then again, those types of stats are usually inaccurate.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2002 :  2:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluff/Liz... who's Robert Randolph?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  07:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He is this amazing lap steel player!! His cousins play bass and drums, quite admirable I might add. Very reminiscent of Johnny and Houston. They also have the token "white guy" on keyboards. They are amazing! Straight up party gospel music meets Santana with a little early ZZ Top thrown in for good measure. Danyel the bass player sings as well, but you will be amazed at the voice that comes out of this guy. It is hard to believe it's a guy until you see it with your own eyes. He has an amazing voice! SOULFULL!! I don't think he has to many CD's out. I have only seen one. Robert Randolph & the Family Band "Live at the Wetlands"

You can check out some soundbites at this link:
http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=655142335/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=RANDOLPH*ROBERT+&+THE+FAMILY+BAND/ITEMID=1538508

Robert Randolph was also in the band, The Word, which consisted of RR, John Medeski and The North Mississippi All Stars. Here is a link to that as well.

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=655142335/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=RANDOLPH*ROBERT/ITEMID=1402715

Both of his bands have played the 9:30 Club and everyone was just blown away!! Definitely check it out!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  08:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Silky you must check him out! I wasn't planning on taping his act, but after I heard a couple songs I thought damn I should be taping. I got 35 minutes of his show on tape. The dude really rocks! When I get my tapes converted I'll have to share them with ya!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  6:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet thanks you two... I will check him out!
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  8:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've heard some of the word before, i love medeski stuff, and then the randolph work just added soo damn much to it! good good musician indeed!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2002 :  10:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anytime Silkmeister!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  06:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I may be able to get a live recording of THE WORD. I think a friend taped it when they played at 9:30 Club. If anyone is interested I can check with him and see if he did indeed record the show. LMK

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  11:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I may be able to get a live recording of THE WORD. I think a friend taped it when they played at 9:30 Club. If anyone is interested I can check with him and see if he did indeed record the show. LMK

I'm interested Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  11:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm interested IN Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  04:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm IN Fluffy.........yuck..

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2002 :  4:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For all those INterested, I will see what I can find out!!

For all those IN me, GET OUT, and stay out!!!

For all those INto Me, you may want to rethink your obsessions. I am definitely NOT WORTH IT! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000