New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brian2730@aol.com
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2001 :  12:26:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, i was hopeing if anyone could help me with the technique tim uses in dont drink the water at a specific part. at the lyric "heres the hitch, your horse is leaving" tim comes in with a wah wah pedal filtered with distortion. i have a distortion pedal and a wah wah but cannot get it to sound correctly. i cant tell how he gets it to sound so amazing as he always does. anyone have any suggestions/hints/comments post here or send me an e-mail at hurricane2730@aol.com

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2001 :  12:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't give you a hint all I can say, is good friggin luck! Tim live is impossible to emulate, so I don't think it can be done. You can always try to stop Tim on his tour and ask him, but that would be extremely fricking rude! Viel Gluck!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2001 :  1:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been fascinated by that sound for a while. I try to do stuff similar to that when I play with my band, and as far as I can tell, have the wah AFTER the distortion in your effects chain, then its a mix of palm mute, and different harmonics between the 2nd and 5th frets on the low E string. I have the Before These Crowded Streets TAB book somewhere, I'll have to find it and post the tab for that part, it may shed some light on it for you.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000