need Tim's part to Trippin Billies (Tab) PLEASE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poole
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  03:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Poole's Homepage  Send Poole an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just can't seem to find a good site with that tab. Oh yea, i need it to two step too.

hey, sorry silky. I was being a dumbass. my bad. i'm just a stupid texan anyway

n/a

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  06:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here ya go

Intro (T&D style)
e----------------
b----------------
g-6---4---6---/7-
d-2---2---2------
a-x---x---x---x--
E-5---5---5---/7-

e-------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------
g-2--4----2--4--7--6--2--4----2-4-6-7-
d-x--x----x--x--x--x--x--x----x-x-x-x-
a-x--x----x--x--x--x--x--x----x-x-x-x-
E-2--3----2--3--7--5--2--3----2-3-5-7-

Verse
e-------------------------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------------------------
g---6-4-0----7-7-----4/5-0-----------6-4-0----7-7--2--4-
d---2-2-0----7-7-------------9-9-9---2-2-0----7-7--x--x-
a---------/5-5-5---7-------0-9-9-9---------/5-5-5--x--x-
E-5--------------8-----------7-7-7--5--------------2--3-

Chorus
e------------------
b------------------
g-7--6--2-4-6-7--6-
d-x--x--x-x-x-x--x-
a-x--x--x-x-x-x--x-
E-7--5--2-3-5-7--5-

There ya go. That is exactly how I play it......and is pretty much what Dave plays. But I usually play the chorus like this because it sounds better acoustically.

e------------------
b------------------
g-7--6--2-4-6-7--2-
d-x--x--x-x-x-x--x-
a-x--x--x-x-x-x--x-
E-7--5--2-3-5-7--2-

The only real difference is the last chord which I only play once but I like the sound if the slide from 2 to 7. Hope this helps!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  06:06:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry aboot the lines not lining up perfectly, but the x's kind of screw up the whole thing. If you have a question, just ask.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  06:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's two step. Since the x's screwed up the last one, I'm just gonna leave the strings not played blank.

Intro (acoustic)
e-------------------
b-------------------
g-10---10--10----10-
d-------------------
a--8--------------8-
E-10--6---8---10-10-

Intro (full band)
e----------------------
b----------------------
g-10---10--10--10----10-
d-----------------------
a--8----------8-------8-
E-10--6---8-------10-10-

Verse
e-----------------
b-----------------
g-10---9--2-7-5-3-
d-----10----------
a--8--------------
E-10---8--1-6-5-3-

Chorus
e--------------
b--------------
g-2--9--3--7-5-
d--------------
a--------------
E-1--8--3--6-5-

"Things we cannot change"
e------------
b------------
g-2--7--5--3-
d------------
a------------
E-1--6--5--3-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  06:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy shit!!! I just re-read you title! Dammit!! There goes 20 minutes I wasted! Oh well. I kind of know Tim's part for Two Step.

e-------------------
b-------------------
g-7-9-10-9---7-9-10- (stuff like this)
d-------------------
a-------------------
E-------------------

also, I heard this really cool solo of his at the end with an electric. Goes something like this.

e-10---------------------10----
b----10-----10-----11-13----10-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  09:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No problem Poole... I have no clue what you're talking about, but I don't hold grudges anyway! :) As for being a Texan... I was there for a while over the summer and Texas ROCKS so I won't hold it against you!

I don't know Tim's entire part to TB but I know that he just plays the standard chords for the D/F#, G, Bm, A part. And Patrick's tab is right on except that during those parts during the intro and chorus, instead of muting both the second and third string, you only mute the second and let the third ring out open. Sorry I don't really have anything to add to Two Step... but if you are looking for a way to spice it up with two players, a lot of time Tim just seems to play different positions of the chords that Dave is playing.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Poole
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  4:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Poole's Homepage  Send Poole an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks alot you guys, this has really helped me out.
and Texas does rock
and if anybody the tab that tim plays during the chorus of Crush i'd like to know that one. I just can't figure that part out.

thanks again

n/a
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  6:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here ya go

e------------
b------------
g-5--7--5--4-
d-3--5--5--5-
a-3--5--3--2-
D-3--5-------

Hey Silky, I was wondering if you knew the ending for Crush (usually T&D). I know it doesn't go like this but I think it will help you understand what I mean.

e---------
b---------
g-5--7--7-
d-3--5--5-
a-3--5--5-
D-3--5--5-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  7:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gotcha... I haven't played this in a while, but going from memory here goes (and don't forget this is drop D)... I'll tab it out instead of just putting the chords for once:

Here is everything in the super lazy tab version... first part you just alternate between the "2's" on your A and D srings. And you can hear where the second part comes in. In the D&T version, Dave does some muted strumming wich is super easy to pick up on, which you insert where the "x's" are. And you can hear how in the second part of the second part it loops back around to the first part on top (was that clear?). Overall it's a pretty easy end but it sounds BADASS!
-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
---------4-4-4-4-4--4-4-4----------------------
---------4-4-4-4-2--2-2-2-0--------------------
---2--2--2-2-2-2-2--2-2-2----------------------
--(2)(2)---------------------------------------

-------------x-------------x-------------------
-------------x-------------x-------------------
-------------x-------------x--------4-4--------
---0-0--2-2--x---0-0--2-2--x--------4-4--------
---0-0--2-2--x---0-0--2-2--x-----0--2-2--------
---0-0--2-2--x---0-0--2-2--x---4---------------

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2002 :  8:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Thanks! That is pretty easy.

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  5:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found that dmbtabs.f2s.com (or the other version http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/4044/) is the most accurate DMB tab site with all the songs. Although there are some errors, like on the chorus for Granny, you just go out and find another tab and find a happy medium. Another favorite of mine is on fortunecity.com, but I forget the address, and dmbtabs.com has some good stuff here and there (those audio samples were helpful as hell when I first started to play).
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2002 :  6:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dmbtabs.com is good too... but your best bet is to find a site where someone gets their stuff from watching him. No possibility for error there if the person listens with their head outside of their sphincter.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  7:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've found that dmbtabs.f2s.com (or the other version http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/4044/) is the most accurate DMB tab site with all the songs. Although there are some errors, like on the chorus for Granny, you just go out and find another tab and find a happy medium.

Agreed! That site taught me how to play guitar... Absolutely no exaggeration.
There are a few mistakes in the tabs, yeah, in fact it seems like every tab has like one note wrong, but just little picky things that are hardly noticeable.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000