Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Just saw Victor play his solo on United.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2002 :  7:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A video I downloaded right before I left for school. IT IS FUCKING AMAZING. Half the time he's not even looking, then he starts doing his little slapping trick. Me and my friends mouth's dropped to the ground during the video. Like I said before,
*Victor is to the bass like Tim is to a guitar.*

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay."
-Dave Matthews-

someguywithaguitar
Chatterbox

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  08:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow...........special.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  11:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where did you find this video? I might like to see that.
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  1:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That quote i so perfect. "vic on bass is tim on guitar" I feel the exact same way. I got into tim Reynolds first, thru live at luther college, and then heard of the flecktones from a concert my friends heard. I saw Victor live recently and he is soo amazing! he did this solo where he was slapping and tapping on it while detuning it really low, and then tuned it back up perfectly, not missing a beat. God wouldn't it rock to hear vic and tim together? (there is live at chicago, with dave matthews/wooten/tim) but that's all i can think of

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  1:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
welcome to the bored.... or board.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  4:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check out the flecktones new DVD.. Vic goes nuts all over that DVD!!!! At one point he is jammin away, then tosses the bass behind his back, around his body and finished the jam. It also includes him doing an amazing grace solo. I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS DVD!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  5:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD vicwootenfan!!!! As of a few weeks ago our booking agent got bought out by Skyline Music. We now share the same booking agency with Victor Wooten, so who knows, maybe somehow they will end up together. It is certainly not out of the realm of possibility. Keep the Faith!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  7:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this video on Kazaa. A program that lets you download movies, mp3's, pictures, etc. Search for Dave Matthews Band videos, and it should come up as Victor Wooten solo. I'll need to see that Bela Fleck DVD, and I just saw DMB's DVD and I forgot how good Stefan is.
*let me see if I can find that website where I downloaded Kazaa*

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  7:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Bela Fleck, I bought "Left of Cool" So far, I like what i'm hearing.

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2002 :  10:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont like "Left of Cool" very much. Well, mainly becuase...um, well, it sucks. It really sucks. Worst $15 i've ever spent. I gave it to my friend to burn a copy for himself...I dont care if he never gives it back.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  03:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Flecktones DVD is out!?!?!? I'm going to Sam Goody tm.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  04:20:44 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the DVD/Video/Album has been out for a little over a month now. It is called "Live at the quick"

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flecktones i agree are a great great band, but for anyone who wants to hear Vic wooten solo, get "a show of hands", it's virtually nothing but him, playing amazing songs, it's really the best of his solo cds. listen to just "classical thump" so amazing...

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Left Of Cool sucks?? I love that cd!! I think its a wonderful amalgum of bluegrass, soft jazz, and pop... although the stuff with Dave is pretty bad.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2002 :  6:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
although the stuff with Dave is pretty bad.

I agree. Terrible!

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  10:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
speaking of the flecktones i just bought three flew over the cuckoo's nest, and it's fucking great! it's flecktones when howard levy had left the band and they didn't have jess coffin yet, so it was just the 3(bela, vic, futch) it's soo good, with only three of them the demand for them to play more is greater, and it's just a good flecktones cd! i recommend it!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  11:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of The Flecktones, I picked up "Live at the Quick" (the CD) and its amazing. The new twists and added riffs in the song are sweet, along with Bela's solo. "Hoedown" is my fav. Hopefully i'll be able to catch them in Feb. when they come down.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  4:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is a good video indeed, i taped it when direct tv played it! one of my fav. parts is when vic is jamming back and forth with the tabla player! by the way, that guy came to JMU(college near me) a month or 2 ago, too bad i missed it though!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  9:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
when vic is jamming back and forth with the tabla player

What song is that on extatcly?

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  10:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VFW by "that guy" did you mean the Tabla player???? Think man think....who was he????? Would really love to know!
(JMU = James Madison U.???? My nephew went there.)
I too must get the video!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  10:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hhmm, I got the 'Live at the Quick' booklet, and it says, the tably player is Sandip Burman. Try and see if you can download the version of "Hoedown" off of the CD. The tabla solo with Bela is amazing.

Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  6:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, since there's so much talk of Bela Fleck, Vic, etc - thought I'd just take this opportunity to let everyone know that they're touring again in the spring. Tickets are already on sale for some (if not all) venues. Check them out.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  7:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HTG you are wonderful! Thanks for the info. I am definitely going to download "Hoedown!" I can't believe there was a tabla solo with Bela....I am also going to try to catch a spring show.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  7:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem, but yes, try and find that song, you'll enjoy it I too am trying to catch them when they come here in Jan.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  8:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes by that guy i meant the tabla player sandip burman. i don't know if he played with anyone else, but i was walking through the halls and meeting some faculty and i saw the poster advertising the concert. i can't remember which song on live at the quick it is, but vic does his bass flip on it.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  9:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich with an h
the stuff with Dave is pretty bad.

Goes without saying.....

I kid.....I kid......seriously.....I kid.....

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000