with DMB
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FLOOD
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  8:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Tim going to contribute at all to the DMB album in progress? any new news on this? I sure hope so!

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2002 :  9:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It does not look like it. I spoke with TR today and no mention of a phone call. He is practicing and preparing for some solo dates in the late April/May time frame. If he gets a call, you all will be the first to know. Welcome aBOARD FLOOD!! Hope ya stick around and share in the good times and goofy-ness.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dstein
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2002 :  9:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit dstein's Homepage  Send dstein an AOL message  Reply with Quote
really? it seems that dmb is at defcon 1 with security on this new album after that whole LWS thing.

~Dan

AIM - The Daniel Stein
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  04:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, not in "the know". LWS thing?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  06:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lillywhite Sessions

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2002 :  9:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OHHHHHHHHHHHH, I get it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2002 :  12:03:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See? Now you see.

(that's an obscure drug reference quote. A nice shiny nickel to whomever figures it out!)

Go to Top of Page

sonny
Is Anybody Here?

12 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  5:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone and hello to TR and Fluffy. I am totally new here, but i just wanted to make my presence known. my name is sonny and i first heard TR on Live at Luther College with Dave. and then i went The Womens Club in Minneapolis, MN (10-26-01) and i must say that i was blown away!!!!!!!!! TR is the man. I am an aspiring guitar player and i must say that I have never witnessed anything like timmy playing the 6 string.... WOW! okay enough with that...... anyways, TR and dmb would be really cool, but i am sure that TR will surprise everyone with some of his own stuff real soon....... anyways, TR, keep up the great work. you rule!!!!!!! peace, and love,
sonny

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  7:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD sonny!

Go to Top of Page

jamiemac
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2002 :  11:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will tim be travelling to canada anytime soon?? i'm a huge fan and i'd love to see a live show....

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2002 :  05:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(Stop that pcbdmb!!) Welcome aBOARD Sonny and Jamiemac!! Glad to have you here! As far as Canada goes, it has been bandied about in the past. We almost did a date or 2 on the last tour. They were supposed to be after the Seattle dates. Unfortunately, they fell thru. We have wanted to get up there to see our friends in the Great White North but it just hasn't happened yet. Keep your fingers crossed and try emailing Tom, our booking agent, and let him know TR needs to come to Canada. You can find a link to him on the Contacts page on the TimReynolds.com homepage. Hopefully with the new booking agency connections we will be able to land some shows up north. Get on the email list. That is where I post dates for upcoming shows as we get them. That way you won't miss out if we get a show in your area.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2002 :  6:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

will tim be travelling to canada anytime soon?? i'm a huge fan and i'd love to see a live show....

This is really weird. Jamie Mac is my name on ICQ.

Go to Top of Page

Chartrand
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  4:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Am New on the board and I just had to say something... There is a famous theater in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia on the beautiful island of Cape Breton that seats around 2000.. It's sort of an auditorium and if Tim ever planned on making one of the most unbelivable live recorded cd ever made.. This building was made for this it seems.. It should definatly be looked into.. but hey I might just be crazy.. as for DMB I love them just as much and i'm flying into Ottawa the 20th to see them and the Flecktones.. and it would be an amazing jam if Tim were to show up.. everyone I know that likes Dave loves Tim even more and only dreams of shows with Tim there.. but once again I might just be crazy ...

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  8:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really doubt NS could fill a TR show with 2000 people... but what do I know. It's really good to see all these Canadians on the board.
Chartrand, I was thinking of going to that show, but decided I could only afford Toronto. Flecktones are gonna be amazing!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  05:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD!!!!

quote:

as for DMB I love them just as much and i'm flying into Ottawa the 20th to see them and the Flecktones.. and it would be an amazing jam if Tim were to show up..

You lucky bastard! I actually want to see Bela Flack and the Flecktones in concert more than DMB. Oh well.....I guess I'll just have to pop in Left of Cool and be comtent with that.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  10:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was so tempted to fly to Montreal to see DMB and the Flecktones at the Molson Centre... but it's just too much to pay for a concert when I get to see them both in Atlanta anyway this summer. Damn... is it summer yet?
-J

Go to Top of Page

morgan
Is Anybody Here?

5 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  1:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a sort of triuvirate of my absolute favorite musicians, and of the three Tim and Dave are two, so while I really like Dave's music alone and Tim's music alone; together I think they did their best. I always thought DMB albums with Tim sounded better. I liked the Lillywhiet Sessions and Everyday was (in my mind) decent (not on par with his other releases) but couldn't quite compare with the other albums. Likewise Tim's albums are excellent, and "The Wayfarer" is, to me, one of the best songs ever; still I thought (and I know I'll recieve the most criticizm for this) Tim's best improv was done when playing and soloing with the Dave Matthews Band and during his tour with Dave. Dave's music provided an anchor, or point of entry and return for the little space craft, for Tim to solo. I thouight the structure Dave's songs applied made Tim's solos more complete (and just gave him someone to play off of). So, I think Dave is making a big mistake, though, reasons I am sure he has, in not including Tim in the albums. The Lillywhite could have been one of his best albums but the songs needed Tim to finish them off.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  5:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would have to say that that was flawless.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  9:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silky! Dave, ATL! I cant wait! Bela!? Opening for them? I plan to drive up and get tickets the second they go on sale........oh god, I cant wait....on god, my first concert experince..... I leaning for lawn seats, since there, oh, 20 dollars cheaper.

"Lean upon me, I'll lean upon you, We'll be okay."
-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2002 :  8:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep my friends and I are all getting tickets through the warehouse, so I'm really hoping for some good seats this year! Lakewood (now Hi-Fi Buys) is one of my favorite venues. I'm not sure who's opening for DMB, but the Flecktones are going to be playing at Music Midtown in the beginning of May. If this is your first concert experience then you are in for one helluva treat... DMB puts on a show with so much energy I have yet to see another band play with that kind of energy. Just make sure to get to the amphitheater early so you can get good lawn seats. The lawn is pretty big so you can get REALLY far back if you're not cafeful. My first DMB concert was in '98 and Tim sat in for the entire set. He was the first person to ever drop my jaw in awe... that show still ranks as #1 for me, even above Clapton and Page/Plant.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2002 :  4:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that piece of advice Silky. And I hope to get tickets and a good seat in the lawn.

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2002 :  12:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Getting lawn seats should be a piece of cake as long as you get your tickets quickly... the last time DMB was at Lakewood it sold out in under 30 minutes.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  12:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Silky, any tips besides getting to Publix (our local ticket master) two hours before they go on sale to grab tickets. I would do anything to go, and me and my bro all ready got our cash saved up.

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  12:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope

-Dave Matthews-
Go to Top of Page