Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 whats your favorite song of all time........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is well i dont know ..... hmmmmm, No effence to you all time Tim fans but i think it would have to be Satilite by Dave Mathews, of course the l@l version with Tim.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmm........I have a lot.....but my fav would have to be the L@LC version of #41, but right behind that would be my 21 min. version of #41.....

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awsome song I love l@l but all my friends say live at chicogo is better.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tell them to fuck off!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hard to say. I love so many different types of music that a lot of times my favorite song will change with the song that I am listening to or the mood I am in. Especially with DMB... I mean, how does one say whether Ants Marching is better than #41 is better than Jimi Thing is better than Crush is better than DDTW is better than Tripping Billies etc etc...
-J

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your right i think why i said satilite is because i was listening to it today. but every song by dave is good and all the songs ive heard from Tim have been good, and theres other bands too.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  8:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ecactly... don't even get me started on SRV.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  9:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh don't worry....we won't.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  10:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
.... i cant decide......... no way.... u cant make me...... i wont choose... i love all of my children the same.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  4:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
but right behind that would be my 21 min. version of #41.....

Holy crap! Are there any guest's musicians? Damn, 21 minutes. . .

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  4:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno, mine has to be Pig, from Before These Crowded Streets, or #41. But it will probably be something else in a while, all Dave songs are good.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  5:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
#41, dmb. lateralus, tool. los alamos is burning, tim. in your eyes, peter gabriel. drugstore, stabbing westward. first tube, phish.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  6:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In Nashville 2001, #41 was almost 45 minutes long and yes, on that version there were guest musicians.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  6:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOLY CRAP!

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  7:39:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man thats a long time to keep up one song. What all guests were there?

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  7:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no! Joemoe has whipped out the dreadful double post mistake!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes there were! Bela Fleck had one of the coolest solos ever! Aboot eight minutes. And I think Dave said Jeff Coflan. I'm pretty sure he played the other saxaphone solo. Also, Dave added some lyrics at the end of the song which was cool.

Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sound awsome. well sorry bout the double post thing my pc is slow so i thought it didnt work lol.....

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bela Fleck! YEAH! I have a #41 version with Bela and Jeff, and the song ends at around 14 min. The coolest part, Bela & Jeff, playing together, near the end.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can get rid of double posts by removing them. Just hit da button at the top of the message.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Bela Fleck. Joemoe, check them out sometime if you havent all ready. Bela is to the banjo as Tim Reynolds is to the guitar. Along with Victor Wooten, one of the best, no wait, THE BEST (in my opinion) players in the world.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  8:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Off the top of my head (about the <45 minute version of #41)...Butch Taylor, Jeff Coffin, Bela Fleck, The Flecktones, Lovely Ladies. The ones that I can remember having solos in #41 were Bela Fleck, Futureman, Jeff Coffin, maybe Butch, maybe Dave, I can't remember. But it was cool. Heck, I was tired by the end of that one.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  01:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Along with Victor Wooten, one of the best, no wait, THE BEST (in my opinion) players in the world.

I dunno, the lead singer of Primus, Les Clayborn. Most likely I'm completely wrong on his name, someone correct me if I am, but he's good as hell too.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  01:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Along with Victor Wooten, one of the best, no wait, THE BEST (in my opinion) players in the world.

I dunno, the lead singer of Primus, Les Clayborn. Most likely I'm completely wrong on his name, someone correct me if I am, but he's good as hell too.

Les is good, and it's amazing that he can do all of the crazy singing and the crazy slapping at the same time, but Vic is just GONE. He's some kind of supernatural being, I don't care if he's just playing pentatonics-he's playing them CRAZY. O god, i need a towel.

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  07:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes ive heard some stuff by Bela Fleck, Ive heard that one song by Victor Wooten "Me and by bass guitar." Awsome bass playing even though the singing is less appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  11:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Bela Fleck! YEAH! I have a #41 version with Bela and Jeff, and the song ends at around 14 min. The coolest part, Bela & Jeff, playing together, near the end.

That's what mine is like too! Except that it goes for another seven minutes!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  9:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Primus, Tommy the Cat, the live version, Les gets a good 2 and a half min. solo, and it's awesome. I also downloaded a video of him off the net. It's crazy watching him slap the shit out of those strings.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  9:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man, I just rembered. Joemoe, to get a real taste of Victors in-human skills, listen to "Sinister Ministor. During the middle, he starts going CRAZY.

Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2002 :  10:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've made up my mind that #41 is my favorite song, from Dave anyway.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2002 :  11:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah! That's what they do in mine too! I just got the Left of Cool CD, and it is awesome! By listening to it, I found out that Jeff and Bela work in Sojourn of Arjuna to that version of #41! When I first heard it, I was like "I know this!!!!"

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2002 :  7:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lost & Lonely by Ron Wood(if ya let him)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  11:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a new one! It's called LEad Me On, by KElly Joe Phelps. If you download it, it may be mislabled as Dig Down In YOur Mind, or maybe the song really is Dig Down in Your Mind. It is a beautiful song, awesome lyrics. Jsut thougth i'd bring back an old thread for some new and interesting answers.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  12:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Favorite song of all TIMe, thats an easy one...TIM Dave and Santana- Love of my Life.

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000