Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CptDestructo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  10:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, all

I'm new to this thing, I was wondering if any of the guitarists out there that are more skilled than I am might be working on a tab of Los Alamos is Burning. I know the first part, but I'm wondering how he does those really quick triplets while hitting the base note. Anyway, if you're working on one, let me know, and I'd love to have a look, even if not complete.

Thanx

Every time you touch me, I die a little bit inside.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  12:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who wouldn't love that! Best wishes to whomever takes that on!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  09:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I actually haven't heard the song... if you send it to me I'll be happy to have a listen and see what I can come up with.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  5:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4

My version of that triplet thing is down the page a bit on the link. From what I can tell, he goes from the E to A to D string with his thumb for the bass notes, while at the same time he's using his first 3 fingers to fingerpick the high string over and over again really really fast. At least that's what I'm trying to learn to play it. It doesn't seem possible to pick the high string so accurately, but that's Tim for oyu. It's possible that I'm completely wrong and I'm making it incredibly harder for myself than it really is. I have a tendency to do that when tabbing.
Anyways, check it out, tell me what you think.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  6:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone feel like sending me this song? I feel deprived.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  6:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You don't have Nomadic Wavelength?

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  6:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Crazy as it may sound... I don't have it yet. I just never see it in the stores, and I'm just a jackass and don't buy CD's online (but that has more to do with the fact that I refuse to get a credit card than being unwilling to buy things online). I'll definitely buy it as soon as I can though.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  6:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, you're missing out! If I knew how in the hell to do it, I would. But I don't have a clue when it comes to that stuff. Maybe Black Lotus could hook you up.....

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  6:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll get it sooner or later... I know most of the songs on there already so the suspense to hear new stuff isn't killing me yet. Do you think a music store would order a copy for me?
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  7:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Only one way to find out!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  10:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course a music store would order it for you, if it's available to them. They want to make money, and selling cds helps them do that.

Well, maybe that's just my opinion. You might have to pay up front or something, I don't know.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2002 :  11:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's what I was curious about... will a store that doesn't usually carry TR cd's be able to order one?
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  12:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go to a Virgin Megastore. That was where I got Stream.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  12:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the only place I've ever gotten TR cd's... but it's always when I'm out of town. I don't think we have one in hotlanta yet.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  06:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well.....the way I see it, you have two choices. Either you drive to a Virgin Megastore or you get yourself a credit card!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2002 :  08:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nah, I think some small music store is as likely to be able to order the cd for you. They probably get their cds from just about the same place anyway, and just mark them up more. It would probably be cheaper for you to get it off the internet, no doubt... but that's yer bidness. But I'll bet some small hole-in-the-wall music store could get it for you. I might even be willing to say that they are more likely to be able to get it.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

CptDestructo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2002 :  1:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky,

I can rip Los Alamos from my CD to my computer, but I don't know how to send it to you. Could I send it as an attatchment on an email?

Every time you touch me, I die a little bit inside.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2002 :  4:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I highly doubt that. The amount of space that the song would take is too much. Although you could try and send it over IM as send file.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2002 :  7:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I route all me email through hotmail so I can't get attachments that big... but I would love to get it through AIM like pcdmb said if that's cool with you. Thanks for the offer!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2002 :  8:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
silky, Borders is expensive but they can sedfor ANYTHING!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  12:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn I wish I would have seen that before I went home this weekend... there's a Border's right around the corner from my house. Next time I get back I will order it!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  3:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that sucks! They have some good stuff stocked, no TR, but lots of lesser-known bands...I've ordered TR there, so i know

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  4:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Borders is cool all the way around, not just for ordering TR and whatnot. It's just a cool store and I like going in it. Too bad the closest one is about an hour and a half...

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

BigEyedPhish
Is Anybody Here?

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2002 :  9:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send BigEyedPhish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey silky you should try a small local music store. there are quite a few where i am and they will special order anything. there is a really cool store called the "Electric Fetus" it is a huge music store and a head shop all in one. it is one of the coolest places i know. good luck finding it! :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000