TR DVD?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

watchtower918
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  4:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, I'm a long time TR fan, but new to this board. This might have been posted before, but I was just wondering if TR had any plans to release a DVD of one of his solo acoustic shows? That would be awesome. I would love to pop in a DVD and watch him play everyday.

Nathan

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  6:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
One of the members here was going to try to put together a TR DVD a while back, but I don't know if anything ever came out of that. There are plenty of videos out there for download or B&P which you could then creat VCD's from, which would likely play in your DVD player.
-J

Go to Top of Page

watchtower918
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  7:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I was wondering, however, if TR had any plans to professionally have a crew do a DVD? Like an official release thing.

Nathan

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2002 :  7:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I don't think so. As was mentioned a few months ago, I think he should have a private storytellers-type concert for his biggest fans, have it filmed, and release it on DVD.
-J

Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2002 :  11:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know of a free MPEG encoder for Mac, to create a Tim VCD. I messed up when I got my G4 a couple of months ago and wanted to save a couple of hundred and not get a DVD-RW, so now I have to make a VCD for the TIMe being. I have Roxio Toast that will burn a VCD but I need to convert the video I downloaded from the (former) FTP to MPEG-1. Please help, thaks a lot. Oh yeah, Tim, get your amazing ass back on the road and over the the east coast. Thanks, later.

Matt Colecchi

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2002 :  12:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I understood absolutely nothing in that last post. Oh well.....I'm computer illiterate

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2002 :  09:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry no official DVD plans in the future. Although it is a great idea. I would love to have one of those my damn self. Who knows what the future holds. Maybe if the gods see fit, it will come to pass.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  11:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyone know of a free MPEG encoder for Mac, to create a Tim VCD. I messed up when I got my G4 a couple of months ago and wanted to save a couple of hundred and not get a DVD-RW, so now I have to make a VCD for the TIMe being. I have Roxio Toast that will burn a VCD but I need to convert the video I downloaded from the (former) FTP to MPEG-1

I have made VCDs for all of the shows off of the FTP except one because the file format is weird and only recognized by Software DVD Decoders.

Use TMPGENC to make VCD files of the other shows on the FTP. Then use Nero to burn them to CDs.

I watch them on my DVD system and they look really good. Download it below. It is free.

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2002 :  4:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Xar666, I have checked that out before, off of vcdhelp.com, but i cant find a converter for MacOS, I dont think TMPGENC works for Mac, thanks anyway though, guess I will just have to keep my eyes open.

if anyone ever finds a MPEG encoder for Mac please pass the word along.

Matt

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000