Amps.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jediguitarist
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  2:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I'm playing in a little softcore praise band at my church and I just bought an epiphone les paul. The amps that I use are either to big or too small. I go from a 15 watt practice amp to a 150 watt marshall stack. I looking to buy something relatively cheep around 30 - 50 watts.

Any suggestions?

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2002 :  6:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Practice amps generally sound like total ass if you over drive them so I would definitely avoid using that. But there would be no harm in using your stack and just settle things down a little lower than you usually might, no real need to buy a new amp for that. If you are hell-bent on buying something in a mid-range size, I would say stick with Marshall. They make good amps all across the board... You can get a good standard Marshall amp for a couple hundred dollars that will suffice for the kind of gig you are talking about.
-J

Go to Top of Page

jediguitarist
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  12:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I can't use the stack, I've tried it and there is no turning it down. The stacks are made for louder music and are only good when your other instruments are plugged into things of the same stature. All the other instrumentalists are using mid-range therefore I need to level up (or down I should say).
As for your suggestion. Marshalls are wonderful amps and not real expensive, but for some reason I just have a problem with them. MY stack is Marshall and it's just too professional, if that makes any sence. If we were all working with marshalls it would be one thing, but we are not. My friend let me borrow his marshall and it stood out. I'm thinking about buying a Crate. It's a real good amp, mid-range power and technology.
jedi

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  3:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If price is negotiable, Line 6 makes some awesome amps in the small-middle size range... they have more features than anyone would ever reasonably need, and what they do, they do very well. Crate makes some decent stuff as well... I also don't mind Fender's offerings in the range you are talking about. It always just comes back to personal preference.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2002 :  11:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my first amp for Christmas, a Fender Champion 30. 30 Watts. It's pretty good from what I can tell, and probably about what you're looking for. I'd recommend it over a Crate. Check it out.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000