anyone here partial to techno/trance?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  11:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
or am i completely out of my element...

Temporaryism has been the black plague, and Jesus of our age -Incubus

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  11:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Techno is another kind of music that I don't really listen to on my own... but I like it when I hear it if someone else is playing it.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  12:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm like Silky. I CAN listen to it, but I'm not trying to surround myself with it. The only thing that I CAN'T be happy listening to is Country, and even then, some of it's ok.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  12:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree ... I don't intentionally listen to it. Only techo I purposly get into is faithless, they're great.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  1:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a real big fan of techno however I do like more ambient stuff only it is hard to buy that stuff cuz I only like certain kinds however I never know the names of the groups...oh well...

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  2:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else here kinda dig Enya? Pretty relaxing/etherial.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  2:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No....I want some music to relax me....I just put on some TIM.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  4:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm fairly into techno... especially Orbital... I was really excited to hear Tim with Trancevision... that stuff is really cool

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  5:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A cool group I just found is Squarepusher. The main guy is a bass player and he does some cool solo's over the beats and stuff-it also has some pretty advanced chord progressions compared to your basic techno...

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  9:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im really into DJ Tiesto, he does some awesome trance stuff. I can put his music on into headphones and be somewhere else for an hour...great stuff

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2002 :  9:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyone else here kinda dig Enya? Pretty relaxing/etherial.
-J

Enya is GREAT sex music ;)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  10:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Enya. There's gotta be a good sex joke there... Enya...Inya....In ya....

Lehahhahhahha (my Frenchman's laugh).

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  10:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've got it.

It's always gotta be Enya for sex with me.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2002 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe nice.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  10:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-Jason-

Hahahaha??

I've been thinking, they should call missles 'Hittles' because the usually dont mis(sles), they almost always hit(tles) their target. It's kinda like driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway. Some things I will never get.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

drummerboy82
Chatterbox

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  11:34:47 AM  Show Profile  Send drummerboy82 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

-Jason-

Hahahaha??

I've been thinking, they should call missles 'Hittles' because the usually dont mis(sles), they almost always hit(tles) their target. It's kinda like driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway. Some things I will never get.

-----------

nice

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  12:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And cargos go via ship, but shipments go over land.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000