Odd experience....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  3:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it was raining in my neck of the woods when i got home, so i wnet ootside just for kicks, and the oddest thing was going on....it was rainging on ONE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND NOT THE OTHER!! It only kept up like that for aboot a minute, but let me tell you, it was the oddest thing EVER...

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  3:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had a similar experience when I was in Hawaii. We were chilling on the beach, soaking in the sun, and I looked to my left. There were these massive cliffs (Wiamaia Bay (sp)) and you could see the rain coming around the cliff. It was really cool - we had about a 5 minute warning to take shelter before the rain and the dark clouds rolled through.

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  6:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, once when I was little, we had this old lady over at my house for some reason. She was in the backyard and she looked up and said, "Look, it's raining on this part of the yard, and not raining on this other, very very near part of the same, small yard." I said, "No, nice elderly woman, what you are confusing for rain is in fact the sprinkler that is sitting in the grass almost directly in front of you." This true event caused me great amusement.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  6:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It is very cool to see... same thing happened to me in Florida where I could see the edge of the rain getting closer and closer.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  04:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the 1st and 2nd time it happened I considered it ODD. Now that I have witnessed such an occurence numerous times, I just think it is REALLY KEWL!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's raining here today, and it's cold ... I didn't want to get out of bed.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So don't........but then again you probably had to get out of bed to post this.....so GO BACK TO BED!!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  7:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my dad fell asleep on the couch at five thirty last night, and woke up at six thirty. HE started swearing at cussing because he thought it was six thirty in the morning and he had to go to work...i made fun of him for days after that...

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  8:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol, that's got to be pretty cool, the only thing like that that's happen to me is while in a car while it's raining, then driving out of the rain, it was amusing for like 2 seconds lol.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  9:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

my dad fell asleep ... last night ... i made fun of him for days after that...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000