New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  11:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEAH! After comming home from my dad's, I come home, watch some foot ball, and 4 hours later, my mom pulls up beside this green Honda Civic. She gets out, "It's yours." The person driving it was one of my moms friends, he gets out, and hands me the keys. I hope in (off course, with my mom sitting in the passanger seat, I'm still 16, but dont have my license, only lerners) I take off! That sucker can fly! It's got great turning, brakes, it's got alot of room, a decent sound system (just a tape deck, but soon, it will be replaced) Now, the hardest part. . .waiting untill Feb.27 to get my license. . . . .

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hate to put pressure on ya, but don't expect to get that driver's license on Feb. 27. My younger sister has taken the test twice and failed both times....once more and she has to repeat everything...and that is much worse than anything else because (I don't know aboot laws in other states) in California, you have to wait 6 months after you get your permit before you can take the driving test. And then, after you pass, you can't drive anyone under the age of 21 without someone over the age of 25 in the car and you can't drive past midnight for the first 6 months. The next 6 months, you just can't drive between midnight and 5 A.M.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:01:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!! Good Luck!! and please be extremely careful and responsible. Alot of responsibility comes with operating a motor vehicle. We would want anything bad to happen to you or anyone else. Take it EZ at first. Don't be over confident, don't be agressive, just take it EZ. Remember, It's the other idiot you have to look out for. All my accidents have been the OTHER guys fault. So no matter how good you are or think you are, BE CAREFUL. Because the other guy is an IDIOT. Congrats again, enjoy!! Be SAFE!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ps: NEVER, and I mean NEVER, talk on a cell phone while you are driving. IT is one of my biggest pet peeves. I think it rude, inconsiderate and EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!! No phone call is that important that you should jepardize yourself or other drivers.

END OF PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I wish all states would go to the (I think its NY)law that you can not talk on a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, down here, in Georgia, we have to have a parent swear that I have driven 40 hours and 8 at night (i've done plenty more) And I'm supposed to pass the driving test. THEN, I cant have anyone with me that isnt a family member, and only one passanger (say, my brother, or aunt) For 6 months. Then, the curfuir (however you spell it) is 12 to 6 (which isnt that bad, since if i'm out past 12, I must be doing something stupid) Thats actually not that bad.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's "curfew".

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Fluffy, those are all very good points, especially the cell phone deal. It should be made a law everywhere.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I heard they were trying to pass that law in California.....tericee?

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, thanks, "curfew" I should start copying and pasting this to another program with spell check, haha.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
anyTIMe

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HAPPINESS!! My joy knows no bounds! You sound wise beyond your years!! I knew I could count on you to keep a level head on your shoulders about this. Congrats again and have fun!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HAPPINESS!! My joy knows no bounds! You sound wise beyond your years!! I knew I could count on you to keep a level head on your shoulders about this. Congrats again and have fun!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  12:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats HTG!!! You've got it good... getting the car anyway. I'm lucky my hunk-o-junk Plymouth Reliant even works... and I'm thankful that it does(it does most of the time anyway). I guess we've got it pretty good in VA as far as the new driver laws. It was really easy to pass the test, it was just TIMe consuming taking the class. I got my liscense with about 10 hours of experience or less(now that I think about it, that's a really bad thing... ). I could be wrong but I think if you're under 18 here then you can't have more than 2 other people under 18. No 6-month waiting period or anything. And Roanoke has a midnight curfew if you're under 18 anyway... argh... Bring down the government. They don't... they don't speak for us.

PS... I was supposed to get my driver's liscense on 6/2/00(my actual liscense... I already had the slip of paper that said I could drive). Went to court... listened to their long-ass speech about why it's a good thing that the drinking age is 21 and then they handed out liscenses. Turns out mine stuck to someone else's, who fortunately returned it to me later. Anyway, I wasn't too upset because that night I drove to C-ville for my 2nd Tim show... first acoustic show.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  02:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have to go to court to get you're driver's license?!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  02:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like the hard way, I got mine out of a cracker jack box!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  03:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that driver's license is bupkiss!! The driver's license is in your Fluffy! It's in you!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  03:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've tried that argument with the cops, and they still lug me off to jail. I don't get it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  03:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  03:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats what the police kept saying!!! RU a cop?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
uuummmmmm.....no?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Everybody careful what you say, pcbdmb is a NARC!! Hide your stash Jay! Watch what you say dirtysloth and Black Lotus!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NO NO NO NO!!! You misunderstand!!! I'm only here to bring a necrophiliac to justice. If you will aid me, I will overlook the thousands upon thousands of violations that have occurred on this board. However, if you harbor him, then I cannot protect you from the law.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is NO LAW in these parts. Your silly laws cannot protect you here. We are anti-authoritarian and anti-establishment. We will show you some MOB JUSTICE!! The MOB RULES!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahh..there's no justice like angry mob justice!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn Skippy!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm bringing home a toilet!
Ayy! Thear be'er be twooo!!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn HTG, those rules must be new... I didn't have to deal with that kind of shit when I first started to drive.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  04:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way congrats on the car... I had to wait a good bit longer, but it is so exciting to get your first car and go out driving on your own! Enjoy in good health!
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  06:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, I hope I can get a job soon (thanks to that part time job topic forum I put up earlier, i'm considering all those options) And work after school, manage my grades, and try and get all my homework done. It'll be something to look forward too, haha. Also, last night, I was recording (ON TAPE!) Some of the best Tim Reynolds and Dave Matthews Band songs. Haha, tapes.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have you considered getting a job at a music store? Would probably be pretty kick ass to sell instruments, and you might learn something in the process.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds good Silky, but the nearest music store is here in down town Athens. There was one in our local mall, but it went out of buisness, or just moved, but it's gone now.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How far are you from Athens? I love that town... I should have gone to UGA... oh well.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  7:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How far are you from Athens? I love that town...

Yeah....I love Greece!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  7:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wrong Athens Focker.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  10:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK....then let's go to Paris.......Paris, Texas.....

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  10:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shoot, it takes me only about 15 mintuest to get to Athens. And at night, all the UGA girls are out walking around,. . .

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  09:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the car HTG! Drive safe!

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  10:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Please be careful! weep, weep.... I had a green civic that was wrecked last september and I was driving. I was lucky enough to walk away with a separated shoulder. We didn't exactly walk away, we had the whole paramedic experience. My 16 yr old daughter was cut out of the car with the jaws of life! I was scared to death, she was knocked unconcious for a minute and bit her tongue. She doesn't remember any of it, which is a blessing. We have recovered from the ordeal. I also have 2 teenagers driving that freaks me out! When I started driving, NJ law was 17 and it was legal to drink when I was 18.
Anyway, watch out for the idiots on the road!!

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

When I started driving, NJ law was 17 and it was legal to drink when I was 18.

That's because they were trying to kill everyone in NJ at that point.

-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

When I started driving, NJ law was 17 and it was legal to drink when I was 18.

That's because they were trying to kill everyone in NJ at that point.

Damn, that's funny!

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you ever notice that to go over the Delaware Memorial Bridge into NJ you don't have to pay a dime. However, to leave NJ you have to pay $3 or is it $4 now?

I think that's another subtle hint that they don't wany New Jerseyites in Delware. Except for you Liz, you're OK in my book.

-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  2:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dave somehow I managed to survive. My dad owned a liquor store when I was growing up. Isn't that the icing on the cake!

I know what you mean about Jersey and the bridge! I think it was 3 bucks when I went home to visit over the holiday. Driving in NJ really sucks, especially Rt 70 with all those dumbass circles. What were they thinking??

Hey Dave, your not so bad yourself my friend!!

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  2:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, what's up with that? WHy can't you make a left turn in NJ? You have to use a jug handle and wait at a red light every time you want to turn left. That's plain retarted. Well, it's that way in englishtown at least and it annoys the shit out of me each time I go up there to the drag strip.

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  3:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thinks it's that way all over the state....must have been the same idiots that made the drinking age 18!!!

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2002 :  3:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And the same morons that decided that it would be a good idea to dump medical waste into the ocean.

8-|==>-

-
500 Club
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  06:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not to be outdone by HTG, I got a car yesterday as well. I am now a 2 car man!! Oh Yeah, and Black Lotus, keep your KY to yourself and your car!! HEHE Although I could probably use a little on the passenger door. It squeaks a little!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  10:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for another car myself ... '67 Mustang Fastback. As soon as I can find it, I'm gonna buy it.

Fluffy, you can use my KY anytime

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  11:28:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mustangs rule.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  11:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you hear that the Cobra is going to have an Eaton, forged internals, and a 6 speed for '03? 390 HP baby!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  11:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did you hear that the Cobra is going to have an Eaton, forged internals, and a 6 speed for '03? 390 HP baby!
-J

Dude, Cobra R ... nuff said? That car is a beast. I actually saw one the other night driving around town, what a moron. He obviously has no appreciation for a true collector's car.

I have two cars that I'm loocing for actually, the mustang and a Lotus Esprit. I'll probably get the Lotus first. Then wait until I have a son (or daughter) who's interested in cars and we will restore a '67 Stang together.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  11:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm just happy to see Ford upping the performance to that degree. 390 HP in that car will put it just about in the Cobra R/Z06 range. Plus they're finally putting in a good rear end, 3.55. I just can't wait to see the road tests showing that a stock mustang is running a 13.0 in the quarter!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  11:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm just happy to see Ford upping the performance to that degree. 390 HP in that car will put it just about in the Cobra R/Z06 range. Plus they're finally putting in a good rear end, 3.55. I just can't wait to see the road tests showing that a stock mustang is running a 13.0 in the quarter!
-J

Maybe I'll finally have some competetion in my project car :)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mom just got my new car insurance! YES! Tommarow, nothing but driving on the open road, looking at the great scenery, having my mom yell at me and chew me out when i'm too close to the side of the road, going over the speed limit. . .but 5 miles! Since I dont have a CD player yet in there, i'd like to buy one of those adapter things that you plug into your protable CD player and it plays through the tape., hahahaha.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I forgot, haha. I was walking to class and my spanish teacher came up beside me (damn . . .she's hot as hell, not to mention pregant!) She asks, "Hey Pedro, how's it going?"
I SAY: "It's pretty good."
SHE: "Any plans this weekend?"
I SAY: "Probably just drive my new car around."
SHE: "Wow, you got a new car? What kind?"
I SAY: "A Honda Civic. 1997."
SHE: "Nice."
I SAY: "Yeah, it's going to be my portable love shack."
SHE: "Huh!?" Gives me a strange look.
I SAY: "Yeah, I betcha, by the end of this year, i'd all ready have had three woman in the back of my car!"
SHE: Gives me a friendly little push. "Pedro, thats wrong!"
I SAY: "No it's not! I'll have protection!" ^_^
SHE: "Well, lets just hope those three woman arent at the same time!"
(LOL, it's great having a teacher thats cool, and can have a sence of humor, un like those 60 year olds that dont even smile)

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  2:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had an english teacher a few semesters ago that was the queen of all MILF's... I couldn't get anything done in that class because I would just sit there and think about how much I wanted to dick'er. If only she weren't married I might have had a chance to slip her a piece of the Jeff dick.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  5:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wait....a pimp taking an english class.....that don't make no goddamn sense!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  12:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Your greatest investment is in yourself and your education.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  01:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's kind of contradictory to your lifestyle.......j/k! I also believe in that.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  3:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HTG, just promise me you won't put one of those grape fruit shooter exhaust tips on your car .

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  4:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I promise.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!!!! I think you're the first teenager that owns a honda that won't have one. My life's work is complete, I have saved the world of one annoying fart can honda!

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  4:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha. The only thing I really plan to get is this air intake system (?) that makes the car hum like a race car when you drive. (My friend mentioned it and tried to do his best impersination of a race car) Then mabye some woofers.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hahaha. The only thing I really plan to get is this air intake system (?) that makes the car hum like a race car when you drive. (My friend mentioned it and tried to do his best impersination of a race car) Then mabye some woofers.

Speaking from experience .. be very careful of what you buy. There's a lot of crap out in the market. ANd if you need parts, let me know. A buddy of mine owns an import performance shop in Maryland - I can get you parts at cost + shipping.

I've gotten burned a few times on useless, worthless and cheap parts for my other car (which kicks ass now though). I also have a bit of experience with modifying cars as well, so feel free to ask any questions.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  4:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Black Lotus, sounds good. Right now, there's no questions off the top of my head.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  4:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you decide to modify it, we can race :)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  5:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah. My niehbor has this old, beat up red Nissan truck, and he wants to race me. . .hhhmmm. Then one of my friends has this Mustang, he wants to race for $50, hell, i'd get left in the dust in that one!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  6:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Please also avoid those giant ironing board spoilers that so many kids like to get these days. If you want to have a deeper tone I would recommend deleting your cats before going for an intake. Only problem with that is emissions though.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  6:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd say get headers, a decient exhaust, hi-flow cat and an intake. UNless you combine all of those elements, you will only see minimal horsepower/torque gains.

In fact, most air intakes cause you to LOSE power where you need it most: low RPM's. Sure, it may give you some peak horsepower, but how often are you going to ride the redline in your car? Not very often, most likely - unless you're building a race car :)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  6:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
In fact, most air intakes cause you to LOSE power where you need it most: low RPM's.

The same can be said for better flowing exhaust... you'll lose a little low end torque as a result of losing a little backpressure. But don't forget that we're dealing with a ~120 HP inline 4 here, low end TQ is not going to be its strong suit to start with, so if you are going strictly for sound, I'd say an offroad pipe will get the deepest tone... cat-backs alone on 4 cyl. generally sound like pissed off bumble bees, and intake alone won't drop the tone or make it as loud as dealing with the exhaust will. I'd say delete the cats, and get a 3 chamber flowmaster on there. It'll be cheaper than an intake, sound better, and it won't sound like a lawnmower when it revs.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  7:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are all good options. And, as of now, this reply will make this topic replied 69 times ^_^

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  09:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Then wait until I have a son (or daughter) who's interested in cars and we will restore a '67 Stang together.

Dave, glad to see you included a daughter in your plans. When I was a teenager I worked at a motorcycle shop. I learned a lot, even rebuilt the engine on my dirt bike. My point is that girls can be motorheads too!

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  09:43:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep .. I'm going to get one and restore it irregardless of who helps me. Son, daughter, wife, dad .... dog even. I think children should be given the chance to do what they want, no matter what gender they are.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  11:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Perfect car to do it with too... there is such an abundance of parts for those cars that it isn't like trying to restore an old Jag or something.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  11:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep, it's been a lifelong dream to have a '67 GT-500. Unfortunately, I cannot justify spending 70K on a car that old. So, I'll get a '67 GT fastback and restore it to look like a GT-500 - incuding the 429 cobra jet V8 :)

I just have to sell my supra as it's taking up garage space.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  11:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you nut all over the place when you saw the remake of Gone In 60 Seconds? I know I did. Eleanor is spectacular.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  11:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just about jacked in the theater when I first saw that movie ... that car is bad ass. Too bad the top speed and the 'arial assault' was fake as hell, but it was still cool.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  12:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In theory if that car had enough HP it might hit 160... problem is that it would probably be drag limited before then.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  12:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ACtually, it'd be gear limited. The way that thing took off the line, it was deinfately geared for 1/4 mile runs. Not top end.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  12:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha, that's weird...Silky and Black Lotus both have exactly 752 posts that this very second.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  12:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's true... it definitely had at least a 3.73 if not a 4.10 rear end on there. I don't remember what kind of transmission it had though... was it 4,5, or 6 speed? If it were a 4 speed it would probably be cranking along at about 5k at 60, let alone 160. Either way, if I ever do decide to get nitrous on any vehicle, it will undoubtedly be equipped with a "GO BABY GO!" button.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  12:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really doubt it had a 5 or 6 speed - typically, in older muscle cars you'll find a 4 speed manual or a 3 speed power glide tranny. The 64-65 mustangs had a 3 speed manual, how weird is that?

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  12:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe I know, but that car was nowhere near stock so I figured they might have dropped a newer tranny in.

I would love to get my hands on one of those old cars that had the 3 speed manual steering wheel mounted... I'm sure that would be a blast to tool around in for an afternoon.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  3:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ha, that's weird...Silky and Black Lotus both have exactly 752 posts that this very second.

And now they both have 759.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  3:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not any more ... sorry if I screwed that one up for you.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  4:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone see, "The Fast and Furious"? That was a good movie, except the acting was terrible. Nice cars. Some one probably all ready posted something about that above. . .just to lazy to read 'em all.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  4:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The fast and the furious was HORRIBLY fake. ANyone who knows anything about cars should know that. They over glorified the use of notrous oxide, refering to it as NOS - which is a brand name, not the performance modification itself.

Got that movie sucked, from a realism perspective, but it was entertaining. That movie is an abomination to the sport compact tuning scene, besides my supra will rip that one in the movie to shreds and it looks nicer ;)

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  4:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, awesome. I liked that little four door white one, the one that was driving by that guy with ADD. It was bad ass.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  4:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was a jetta ....

I will admit to owning the DVD though, like I said it's very entertaining.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  4:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for clearing that up Black Lotus. But then, I would've taken that black one in the end. . .one hell of a machine.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  5:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
besides my supra will rip that one in the movie to shreds and it looks nicer ;)

I actually saw the very car that was used in filming for sale on ebay right before the movie came out, over 600 HP... That car ran 10's... if you can beat that my hat is tipped to you.
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  6:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy crap! 600 Hp. . .jeeze.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  7:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
besides my supra will rip that one in the movie to shreds and it looks nicer ;)

I actually saw the very car that was used in filming for sale on ebay right before the movie came out, over 600 HP... That car ran 10's... if you can beat that my hat is tipped to you.
-J

Mid-High 10's actually ... not too shabby. I'll post my time slip from last summer. I ran just under 10 - 9.885 for my best ET.

Here's what I got:
'97 Supra Twin Turbo
GReddy FMIC
Forged Pistons & Rods
Ported Head, Titanuim Valve Springs, 3 Angle Valve Job
Ported Intake
GReddy T-88 Turbos
GReddy External Wastegates
GReddy Sequential BOV
Larger Injectors
Hi-Volume Fuel Rail
Custom Down Pipe & Exhaust
Gutted Cat
S-AFC
V-AFC
ECU Chip
Nitto Drag Radials
Four Puck Unsprung Kevlar Clutch
50HP Zex nitrous kit (aimed into the FMIC to assistin in cooling air)
And tons of other misc items to assist in fuel delivery :)

It's a beast ... and, it's going up for sale very shortly.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  7:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jesus... is that your daily driver? I've never been in anything that runs 9's, that's got to be quite the visceral experience!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  7:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's definately NOT a daily driver - especially concidering it's sporting a full roll cage. I have a Subaru Legacy GT as a daily driver ;)

As far as experience driving it on the track, it's an experience like no other. It's like freefall and getting punched in the face and stomach all at the same time - but, add in the adrenalin rush of doing over 100MPH in just a few seconds.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  7:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is awesome... got any pictures?
-J

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  8:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that'd be cool to see.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  9:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course, gotta get 'em scanned and i'll be happy to put them up on my site. I'll run to my parents house next chance I get and use their scaner.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  10:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  11:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I look forward to seeing them. Any car that runs that fast is worth taking a look at!
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2002 :  02:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd definately love to see them too.

-Jason-

If you had a neck and I had hands, I would squeeze your brain, which is your body, right out the top of your head, which does not exist!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000