WOO HOO! My luck has changed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I had my yearly review at work last week and it was quite favorqable. So, today I got my new compensation notice ... and HELL YES!! I got a nice raise and a whoop ass bonous!

I'm so f'ing happy. I can take my wife somewhere nice for our 1 year anniversary. I'm thinking Vegas, I absolutely love it there.

---------------------------------------
Resident bastard.
Fascinated with dick and fart jokes.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  3:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Vegas rules... but look out for a cab driver named Chris Hazitakes... I had not known THE definition of sketchy until riding with him. Funny story but I just don't feel like typing the whole thing out right now... maybe later.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  3:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BL, that kicks some serious ass.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  4:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's nice to know that hard work does in fact pay off ... eventually :)

Resident bastard.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  01:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Weren't we just saying that things can only get better. You said they were already looking up and then,"WHAM", good news.(and I don't mean that band from the 80's) Oh Crap, now I got that song stuck in my head. Hope it doesn't take me 10 years to get it out of there this time. I can't relive the 80's. Did you hear they were doing a spinoff of That 70's Show called That 80's Show? Boy do I dread that. Egads!! Anyway, I seem to have rambled a little. Again, congratulations on your good news. Good things to good people, I always say. You deserve it. Enjoy Vegas!! I had a great time when I was there. Make sure you hit Freemont Street.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am definately not looking forward to That 80's Show ... I lived through the 80's, isn't that enough? I prefer to forget about the 80's and 90% of the music that came out of that era.

Oh, thanks Fluffy :)

Resident bastard.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hahaha... I'll agree with you there... fortunately I was too young to realize what a crappy decade I was growing up in(born in '84)...

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The 80's sucked... hardcore.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  2:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The 80's sucked... hardcore.
-J

Amen.

Resident bastard.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  03:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, HarDCore in the 80's still kinda ROCKED!! Minor Threat, Goverment Issue, Black Market Baby, Bad Brains, Red C, Iron Cross, Fugazi. It's nowadays I have my questions about hardcore.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  1:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the only good music that came out of the 80s would have to be the Police and U2.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  2:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hats off to you Dave on your job! What a coincidence, I just got a new title at work and a little extra money in my pocket too!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  8:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, I just got a new title at my office supply job too...Now I'm not the "part-time Bitch" I'm the "full-time Bitch." All I get is more hours, not more money.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  8:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And your argument lies......where?

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  10:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But doesn't more hours = more money?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  10:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
exactly...you're looking at the downside of the schwartz. But you must remember that the upside is more powerful.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  11:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sure, more hours = more money.

It also means I have to put up with my two bastard asshole bosses for a full day every day. I'm not sure that the more money is equivalent to putting up with their shit.

Now, if I got a raise, then I might be more willing to put up with their shit. I might even buy a collared shirt and some khakis for the occasion, cause they are always giving me hell cause I don't wear that. To sell frikin' office supplies. I'm sorry, but in no instance in my life have office supplies been important enough to me that they should be sold by someone that is dressed up.

Everyone hear me on this one? Or is it me that's the ass. Then today, at 4:53 (we close at 5) after half day of delivering office furniture IN THE RAIN, my boss says "maybe I'm just being picky, but would you mind taking off your rainjacket?" I was FUCKING COLD in that dank old shithole, and he wants me to take off my jacket for the LAST 7 MINUTES OF THE DAY.

I won't last long at that job.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW! That reminds me of my job over the summer at a supermarket. One time I helped out this lady who used one of the store's wheelchairs to her car. I had to go because there was a key that you need to operate the thing. So I was driving it back into the store at maximum velocity (probably aboot 2 mph), parked it, and replaced the key, when my bitch of a manager calls me over very nicely. I expected her to ask me to get something from the back of the store or to clean up some crap with a mop (which I liked*), but instead practically screams at me in from of a bunch of customers that I was moving like a snail and I had better start moving my ass. I just said OK and went back to bagging groceries while the whole time I was contemplating different ways to say "FUCK OFF BITCH!" (like when John Cussack imagines different ways to kick Tim Robbins' ass in High Fidelity). Needless to say, I had fun afterwards imagining killing her.**

* You might be wondering why I liked mopping. Well, I'll tell you. Two of the best days at that shithole was when my other bitch of a manager "asked" me to dry mop the entire store. I thought it would suck but you would be surprised how long it can take to just make the mop dry enough so customers don't slip. And my favorite part was "accidentally" putting the mop back in the water when I was called to bag when it got busy. I'd come back and act pissed because I had just "wasted" 30 minutes squeezing out all the water from the mop only to find that "someone" put it back in the bucket. And then I'd stay in the back of the store so no one could see me and ask me to do something, and I'd be free to look at all the MILFs that come in.

**DISCLAIMER: I, in no way, actually WANT or WANTED to kill anyone at work or anybody for that matter. Just covering all my bases.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also loved to do carts because I'd be outside where no one could see me and I couldn't be called away from it otherwise the parking lot would get too full. The funniest part of the whole thing is that they don't let you push more that 6 carts at a time, so it would take me forever to do that huge parking lot.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  03:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb Said:
quote:
I was driving it back into the store at maximum velocity (probably aboot 2 mph)
you never fail to crack me up. I was LMAO at that one. It's just that dry wit of yours, gets me every time.
quote:
Needless to say, I had fun afterwards imagining killing her.**
**DISCLAIMER: I, in no way, actually WANT or WANTED to kill anyone at work or anybody for that matter. Just covering all my bases.
Too Late!! If she turns up as a corpse we are pointing a finger at you my friend. That is after Xar stops fucking her corpse long enuf to point a finger, or whatever else he might choose to point in your direction at that particular moment.
quote:
Your signature quote seemed pretty relevant given the subject matter. Don't you think?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  04:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EnthuTIMsiast Said:
quote:
I'm sorry, but in no instance in my life have office supplies been important enough to me that they should be sold by someone that is dressed up.

I don't think there is ANYTHING worth dressing up for. Except sex maybe and then it depends on what you want me to dress up in, now doesn't it?
List of things not worth dressing up for. Keep in mind I do see the importance of dressing up for some of these, but still I don't think there is ANYTHING WORTH dressing up for. I hate it. By the way, this list is in no way complete. Just the biggies!

COURT
JURY DUTY
CHURCH
WEDDINGS
FUNERALS
DINNER PARTYS
JOB INTERVIEWS
YOUR JOB

I basically just hate getting dressed up. Unless of course its in LEATHER, or it will GET me laid, which dressing up has not done to this day, so therefore I shun it. The only reason people feel a need to get dressed up is because other people do. You don't see sewer workers and trash men and construction workers getting DRESSED UP to go to work. Why should anyone else. If everyone just dressed casually then there would not be this stigma that you have to dress up to go to work. Where is it written? Let everyone where what they want. Jon Soldo wears his purple Evening Gown, so I should be able to where whatever I want, whenever I want. In case I haven't mentioned it, I HATE DRESSING UP!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  11:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I actually have to get dressed up for work. Not really though, just business casual. Y'know, polo shirts and khacki's or something all day. It doesn't really bother me, because I get to do what I love all day.

As far as occasions to get dressed up for, here are my comments:
COURT
Unfortunately, it does make a difference weather or not you wear a suit. People view you differently, it's shitty I know, but that's life.
JURY DUTY
I'll go naked .. kick me off the jury and send me hom.
CHURCH
Don't go .. no comment. But there is no point, according to the Bible, God and Jesus accept you for who you are. Getting dressed up in fancy clothes is kinda showing off and bragging about your cash flow, isn't it. And really, that's against what the bible teaches.
WEDDINGS
I agree you should get dressed up here. It's out of respect. The people getting married are going to look their best for you, return the favor.
FUNERALS
Again, I think that you should get dressed up here as well. It's another respect thing.
DINNER PARTYS
Dinner parties suck.
JOB INTERVIEWS
Yep ... but it depends on the job. You should at least wear what would be required of you to wear on a daily basis if you had the job.
YOUR JOB
Have to ... business casual. No suits or ties though, so it's cool. Like I said, I'm doing what I love to do, so wearing business casual doesn't bother me. Besides, my wife thinks I'm sexy when I get dressed for work.

-
Stonimal rights activist with a dented ass.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  11:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I stated above, that is one of the only good reasons to get dressed up. AS for your comments, I understand all your points on respect and how people look at you. blah blah blah I JUST HATE DRESSING UP. It isn't about showing lack of respect FOR ME, It is about being comfortable. I did mention in my earlier post that I understand the reasons why you should
quote:
List of things not worth dressing up for. Keep in mind I do see the importance of dressing up for some of these, but still I don't think there is ANYTHING WORTH dressing up for.
All I was trying to say is I HATE GETTING DRESSED UP, no matter what the reason. I definitely know and understand the reasons for it. It was drilled home by my father constantly. That may be another reason I am so against it. I think it sucks that people are allowed to make an assessment of you based on your attire. I think it would be way kewler if everyone just wore what they wanted and what they are comfortable in and worried about bigger issues than, he didn't show me any respect showing up dressed like that. Know what I mean?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  11:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

All I was trying to say is I HATE GETTING DRESSED UP, no matter what the reason. I definitely know and understand the reasons for it. It was drilled home by my father constantly. That may be another reason I am so against it. I think it sucks that people are allowed to make an assessment of you based on your attire. I think it would be way kewler if everyone just wore what they wanted and what they are comfortable in and worried about bigger issues than, he didn't show me any respect showing up dressed like that. Know what I mean?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

A agree 100%. I don't like getting dressed up either, I'd rather wear jeans and a 'fuck off' t-shirt all the time. But, society isn't geared that way unfortunately. Which, again I agree, sucks major balls. Not mine though, someone elses.

-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  11:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awwwww, the "ESTABLISHMENT" we love so much!! Who made the rules, where are they written? I wanna make an ammendment.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  5:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with ya Fluffy, cuz after all, we have determined that their system sucks.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  5:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah!

-
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  12:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
All I was trying to say is I HATE GETTING DRESSED UP, no matter what the reason. It was drilled home by my father constantly.

Would you be referring to Dress for Success?

BTW, I like getting dressed up, but I mostly only dress up on weekend nights. I'm glad I don't have to dress up for work. I wear camouflage and combat boots most days. The only thing I have to choose is which black t-shirt to wear underneath. I also don't get dressed up for church; usually I wear jeans since that's what our two pastors wear.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  01:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't get me wrong. I'm with you Teri, I like to dress up to, for the right occasion. But those occasions are few and far between. I'll put on something nice to go out or whatever, but usually just wear jeans and t-shirts. Funny thing is, my khakis (my main source of dress-up) are some of my most comfortable pants, so all I have to do is put on a button up shirt and I'm set to go. I don't even think I have any suits that fit my fat ass anymore. And ties..whew, I can't remember the last one I wore. But for a date or whatever, sure, I like to look nice and try to impress.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  02:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
...for a date or whatever, sure, I like to look nice and try to impress.

Would that be your dates with Jon Soldo in his evening gown?

I'm gonna have to see if I have a picture of you in that tux at my debutante ball. I bet the board would like to see that!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  08:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I also have pics of me in a tux from Frank and Mags wedding and pics of me in "the" suit at Rich and Andreas wedding and Rick and Jens wedding. Keep in mind the tuxedos were rented and the suit was borrowed from Frank. Used to be I could get out of formal occassions pretty EZ. Especially if Frank was going, because then I didn't have a suit to wear. Then Frank got a 2nd suit and i was screwed. No more "Sorry, I have no suit to wear". Used to be all I had to do was ask, "Is Frank going? OHHH if Franks going, I can't! No suit to wear!" Then Mags made him a new suit and suddenly my excuse fell apart. I really HATE dressing up. I understand the whole "Dress for Success" thing, but that still doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. I don't think there is anyone alive who understands who appearance affects peoples perception of you. I just choose to dress how I am comfortable and prove people wrong about appearances.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  04:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I JUST HATE DRESSING UP. It isn't about showing lack of respect FOR ME, It is about being comfortable.

I know exactly wat you're talking aboot! One day I had to get dressed up for a project in engineering class (not much, just a button-down collared shirt and some khakis) and one of me friends commented on how amazed they were that I was wearing pants! (take that last comment any way you want). I just wear what is comfortable.

And I'll take Homer's advice:
"Don't you hate pants?!"

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  3:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In my case, that's NOTHING! Naked is the way to go!!

I'm a NUDIST, and I always NU DIS!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for summer, I prefer to wear shorts and a shirt. And a tan! I don't have to get dressed up for work, I have to wear scrubs when I get there. I just wish they had my size. There is a shortage of small scrubs there, so I have to wear these huges things that I could fit my whole body in one pant leg! As for daily attire I go for comfort, but I like getting dressed up for certain occasions.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000