X-Box Sucketh.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Y'know the infamouse blue screen of death that you get when runing wondows on your PC at home? Well, I get something similar on my x-box all the damn time. I hate this thing, it doesn't even work.

If you don't have one, don't waste your money. Get a PS2 instead ... hell I'd recommend a ps1 over it.

---------------------------------------
Resident bastard.
Fascinated with dick and fart jokes.

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  10:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i've been saying that. plus the damn thing is firehazard. there is no fan on it so it overheats and burns your house down. right now ps2 is lookin good, because gamecube seems to be targeting little kids andmost of the games aren't that great (except smash brothers).

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i'm gonna have to disagree with all things said so far. One of my roomates has an x-box and we play that thing all the time, all different games multiple players, everything. we've never had a problem. although when being played, the box is out in the open with no objects around to trap hot air. but i do have one complaint to make. the controlers are worthless. we've gone through 2 and have only had it since christmas. but all things said i think the x-box is the greatest game system ever made.

as for the game cube i partially agree with the targeting of the games towards kids. but have you played simpson's road rage? the game is the mother fucking shit. without a doubt one of the funniest games made in a while.

anyways, just thought i'd give another angle to this argument. x-box rules.

Reese

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  2:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ah. i see. i guess then the problem would be with that particular system. although i have heard that complain before. as with the controller thing. simsons game, eh? excellent. i'll look into that. but i can't even wait till perfect dark zero comes out. it'll be like 5 orgasms rolled into 1. but, they'll probably cel shade it.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  2:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to say ... Final Fantasy X is the most visually stunning, attention grabbing and best gameplay on the market right now. It is truely an amazing game. Thank you Square Soft & PS2!!

By far, the most advanced game to date on any console, hands down.

But, that's just my $.02 and I'm an avid RPG fan.

---------------------------------------
Resident bastard.
Fascinated with dick and fart jokes.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  5:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you a zelda fan, dude?

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  9:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have to say ... Final Fantasy X is the most visually stunning, attention grabbing and best gameplay on the market right now. It is truely an amazing game. Thank you Square Soft & PS2!!

Dammit! I don't have a PS2 and I really want to play FFX. That game looks sooooo kewl!

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  10:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Final Fantasy X does look badass... but cell shading or not, I will still nut twice when the release date for the new Zelda is released.
-J

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  3:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh yeah. it's zelda. gotta have it. i'm just saying, they cel shaded it. which makes it less appealing.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  3:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The graphics in the screen shots don't even look as good as the ones that were on the 64 version. You've got to figure though, that by using as few system resources as possible by doing cel shading they should free up enough power/memory to do some pretty badass stuff with animation and effects. Maybe they'll remove their heads from their sphincters and go back to the screenshots of a year ago.
-J

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000