Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So I just got back from NYC...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2002 :  9:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I just got back from NYC and I only had one beer while I was there. Mom and aunt with me...you know..

And I got a pint of Souther Comfort (who saw that coming?) and a 4 pack of Jack Daniel's Downhome Punch. Not bad, really. The JD is a bit stronger than the 5.9% might lead you to believe.

Anyway, that's one cool city. Lots of stuff. Lots of people. People and stuff as I like to say.

Hell, I should have found out who here lives there and we could have shot the shit for a while while I was there. That would have been cool.

Anyway, I'll be around more tonight, but my posts might make less and less sense...I'm having to concentrate even now.............

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2002 :  10:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe I think Jon is from there... coulda looked him up.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  01:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, the Southern Comfort stayed unopened for the night. I decided it would be better left undrunk. My girlie said I shouldn't have it. You know you gotta keep the women happy. . .

Anywho, I didn't even think of Jon. After I messed his name up so badly about 4 times, he probably would have just wanted to see me so he could beat his name into my skull. And I'm not ok with that.

Maybe next time Jon.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  12:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad you finally got to go to NYC. Now you know what all the hype is about. I'd love to hear more about your trip.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention this...when I was in NYC I went to some of the music stores about three blocks off Time Square or whatever and I got to play some really fuckin badass guitars there. Like some Martin D-35 and stuff. Even a 4 or 5 thousand one. Not that price makes the guitar good...

But it was cool. I hadn't played all that much on the nice (read: expensive) guitars before. I still like my Sigma. All I would do with an expensive guitar anyway is hurt it's feelings...

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Everything in NYC is EXPENSIVE!!!!! Did you get by what remains of the WTC? I went by there with Soldo after the Greg Howard show. I got some good pics. Maybe we can convice JS to post them. They were pretty great. If I do say so myself. It was raining like a bitch the nite JS and I went by. It was eerie!!!(insert spooky music here) You really can't capture the magnitude of it until you see it in person. It was pretty devastating. It dredged it all up for me. Very emotional.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ya vol, brother, I went to where the WTCs were. Ground Zero as they are calling it. It was late and all the tickets for the day (250 tickets per half hour) were gone (anyway, you have to get them halfway across town) and we couldn't get tickets and didn't have time the next day. But we saw the church that had the shrine to all the people there and the inside of the church. I could actually see the site, but I didn't get up on the platform that they have set up, so I suppose technically I didn't see it as good as some people have. But yes, I did get down there, and yes, it does make it different to have been. I would love to see your pictures.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tickets? Tickets to what? Please tell me not to go see the remains... unless ALL proceeds go to charity... still seems almost too capitalistic and disrespectful to me either way to turn it into a tourist attraction.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  11:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah..I agree. Even if all proceeds go to charity, it still sends a bad message. "Come see where America was hit. Where are you going? To pay homage for your dead uncle? Sorry but you'll have to pay first."

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  12:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, but I don't think they are advertising like a tourist attraction. People WANT to see and they are just capitalizing. If the money is going to help rebuild or to the victims families, I think it is a good thing to charge. People are drawn to stuff like that. I don't think they are doing it like Disneyland or anything. If I can give a little money that will HELP then more power to them. People want to see, they need the money, I think it makes perfect sense. I do understand that it is a little on the darkside, but the whole affair was. I do not condemn them for trying to make a little of the money back that they have spent on clean-up and everything else. It may be the only way to get some people to contribute to the cause. That is the truly sad thing.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  02:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I want to clear up a misconception I had before I understood. The tickets are FREE. FREE... I think they just do the ticket way because there are SO MANY people that want to see that they have to regulate it somehow. Really, it's quite ingenious.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  04:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OHHHHHH!!!! I think that is how they do it at the Holocaust Museum in DC as well. Sorry for mentioning the Holocaust. I seem to recall there are some who are very tired of this subject. No need to chime in, I will drop it here.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  7:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

"War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."
"Why would you even shake a man's hand if you're not going to help him stand."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  02:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But I didn't do anything!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  03:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think pcbdmb was thanking you for dropping it. Maybe he likes it that way.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  06:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But I didn't drop anything. Why would he thank me for dropping something? Unless of course I was dropping his girlfriend, then I could see him thanking me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  2:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But I didn't do anything!

Didn't he Lisa, didn't he?......no wait he didn't!!

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000