Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 11/10/01 Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/09/2001 : 4:38:21 PM
I will post a review of the Variety Playhouse show when I get back on Sunday night. For those of you that are going to be there I hope to meet you. Should be a fun time.
-Jeff

32   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 3:15:17 PM
My pleasure, just doing my part to keep the board satisfied!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
krystal Posted - 01/24/2002 : 2:15:24 PM
thanks Fluffy. I knew I could count on you!

Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 03:39:37 AM
I can get you another Krystal!! Just wait for the next tour.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
krystal Posted - 01/23/2002 : 1:01:36 PM
I knew I should've kept that pick.

dirtysloth Posted - 01/23/2002 : 12:47:38 PM
Heheh, no problem... and Xar, I'm sorry I never got back to you about doing some those B&Ps for you... Silky isn't the only one who needs to remove his head from his sphincter... I'll try to e-mail you later today

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2002 : 12:34:48 PM
Sweet... I just looked and I put on of your emails into drafts way back when so I wouldn't inadvertantly delete your address before I mailed a tape. Probably why I forgot! If I can remove my head from my sphincter long enough to remember to grab a blank tape, hopefully I can get one to you this week! Thanks p-dog.
-J

dirtysloth Posted - 01/23/2002 : 12:17:27 PM
I'm watching the Atlanta show as we speak... making Liz's copy at the moment... I'd still be glad to do a B&P for you too Silky if you want

Peace,
Patrick

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2002 : 10:55:15 AM
Sweet I look forward to seeing it. And I don't know how you could have gotten the footwork, there was no way to see that with the monitors there. I wish you could have seen the show at the Ga. Theater in Athens as well... he basically just went APESHIT the entire show. Feeling Doors was like an auditory orgasm.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/23/2002 : 10:50:09 AM
I'm sure it's not as good as some tapes, but I'm really happy with it. Pretty steady and a pretty good angle. I'm satisfied. I didn't get the footwork, so it's all just from the guitar up.

But using a tripod helped a hell of a lot. Hope you get a copy.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2002 : 10:48:03 AM
I was supposed to send Patrick a tape for a B&P but I got busy and caught up in finals and completely forgot. Then I went out of town for a while... yadda yadda yadda... so I still haven't seen it. How'd it turn out?
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/23/2002 : 10:20:40 AM
Let me just get out the handy tape of that show that I happen to have and we'll see exactly when the pick smokes...

o damn, I haven't a tv or vcr.

Jeff, you don't have a copy yet? Xar mentioned ploading a copy, so you might eventually get one that way. I'd love for you to get a copy.

-Jason-

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2002 : 10:16:55 AM
Cool... I don't know how he can "wear them down" in one show... I can use those picks for weeks and they don't wear down at all. Then again, I SWEAR I saw a little puff of smoke come from his pick at the show at the Ga. Theater in November when he was just tearing it up.
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/23/2002 : 10:08:44 AM
Woohoo, three people with three guitars. Coincidence, I think not.

Yeah, having TR's pick is quite bad ass. He initialed it and everything. It's all worn down and stuff.

-Jason-

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2002 : 09:18:53 AM
So deep... I generally have picks on me at all times as well... not TR's picks though :(
-J

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/23/2002 : 03:00:37 AM
And then I wonder.

Is the pick with me?
Or am I with the pick?

Interesting.

-Jason-

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/23/2002 : 02:35:29 AM
You know, I carry that pick with me everywhere I go. That pick. The pick someone in here mentioned. Don't know why, I just do. Maybe cause I haven't found a better place for it. It has a good home with me wherever I go. So that's why I take it. Then someone is doing something they think is awesome, and I just say, I have the pick from the show I saw Tim Reynolds play, so STFD (sit the fuck down) and STFU (shut the fuck up).

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2002 : 08:07:24 AM
I have been the peacemaker!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 11/12/2001 : 3:51:58 PM
Board now rezoned for Krystals!!! by decree of Fluffy! Welcome aboard, and don't listen to Jason, you are especially welcome here. We need more girls on the board. Some of these guys need to be put in there place. The more the better to gang up on the troublemakers. HEHE So glad you joined up, enjoyed the show, and got the pick. I could have sworn I heard Jason ask for one, I was surprised when he declined. I was more than happy to give it to you. Just so ya know, Tim only uses picks once and once only. They are too worn down after one usage to be used again. if you have ever gotten a pick from Rew you can be assured it is a used one. We cherish the new ones since tha is all he can use.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2001 : 2:06:01 PM
Just playin' with you. I think everyone here will agree that girls are more than welcome here. There was even a topic here about it a while back, and we said something like "all the girls are probably out shoe shopping anyway" in order to incite the girls to posting. So I'm sure that we might rezone the board to allow for Krystals.

(And hey [he says, in a low whisper]...enough about the pick already, you don't want to make the natives restless...)

Peace

-Jason-
krystal Posted - 11/12/2001 : 2:01:29 PM
I was at the Atlanta show with Jason. I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for being so nice and it was so nice to meet Tim and Fluffy. I was the one who took the guitar pick Tim was trying to give away after the show. I also thought Greg was awesome. I am from Memphis so I am still recuperating after our long trip---down on Saturday, back home Sunday. I probably won't post a lot, because Jason said I wasn't welcome here but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great show.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2001 : 1:54:22 PM
The Tim Reynolds Message board is not zoned for Krystals. It only allows finer eating establishments. Sorry.

Peace

-Jason-
krystal Posted - 11/12/2001 : 1:50:46 PM
hey enthuDMBsiast
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2001 : 1:42:58 PM
Happy birthday Tyler indeed.

That Atl audience was great I thought. I was really surprised. A kid next to me screamed stream about three times, but it was between songs when everyone was clapping and screaming anyway, so it was cool.

Anyone catch any of the show that was before Tim and Greg? Holy cow, I'll bet it sucked so much ass that it's not even funny. I didn't hear anyone laughing (and it was supposed to be a comedy show). Just my two cents...

I hardly noticed when the radio was picking up in the mic. I don't think it was very long and no big deal or anything. I suppose those of us who were first-timers just thought Tim meant for that effect to be going. Ha, laugh at our naiviety.

Peace

-Jason-
Fluffy Posted - 11/12/2001 : 06:46:37 AM
hey Guys it was great meeting all of you. Sorry it had to be so late but that early show really screwed everything up. I would have loved to hang out a little more and chat a little more. Lots of work to be done out on the road. Unfortunately, most of it on the nite of a show is right after the show. Glad you all got an opportunity to shake hands say HI and get so pics with Tim and the guys. Thanx for all your support and special kudos to the audience in Atlanta for all the respect during the show. Even when the soundman had technical difficulties resulting in simultaneous radio broadcasts. Might not have been optimum for those of you whose only opportunity to hear Tim, but take it from me, the distortion was kinda kewl and added a little something. Luckily it did not affect Tim to much. We just chalked it up to SISTER recieving the alien transmissions. It was kind of special. A One of a kind event that could never be duplicated. Kinda like a Tim show. Anyway I think a great time was had by all. Oh yeah, Don't be to hard the kid with the guitar, I was not privy to his performance after but he had emailed me a couple of times and he was very excited about Tim. Maybe with the influence Tim has on him he will be getting alot better and one day you guys will be telling everyone how you saw him backstage years ago at a Tim show when he was just starting out. Keep in mind he is young(ie:why the parents were there) I think it is pretty kewl that they were willing to let him hang out so late to meet his idol. As for playing Dave songs, well he is just starting out, not like anyone could play a Tim song when they first pick up the guitar, give him time. You gotta start somewhere. By the way, his name was Tyler and it was his 16th B-day. Happy Birthday Tyler. Glad you were able to get your parents to let you go to the show and glad you got to meet Tim. Keep practicing.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
KevinGTArch Posted - 11/12/2001 : 02:25:08 AM
My comment about the kid playing the 12-string guitar out back - get some new strings! If you're going to own a 12-string...keep 12-strings on it, do the instrument some justice even if you aren't going to play it right. There's nothing I love more than sitting down with the 12 of my own and while I'm not the most talented critter in the world, at least I treat my baby right.

I think the highlight was when Tim finally did come out. Our guitarist in training was in the process of butchering a Dave song and his friend came over to stop him in the midst of his faux pas. At least it gave us something to laugh at while we waited.

It was nice hangin out with y'all - I got some killer digital pics of the show. If anyone wants to catch them give me e-mail and I'll be happy to send.

Kev

KB
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2001 : 12:48:33 AM
Jeff, good to meet you too man. Good times, good times.

Anywho, about the kid with the guitar. That was SO funny when his mom got out of the minivan and said that to him. But it does suck for him and all, cause he was probably trying to be cool and all. Well, definately trying, but maybe not as successfully as he might have wished. And I was a little taken aback by him playing Dave songs at Tim's concert. But hey, Greg did it! Haha. I dunno, he wasn't all that bad on the axe, tho. Way better than me, but I wouldn't be trying to play in front of people immediately after we had all just been given an hour and a half lesson on guitar by Tim. But it was funny nonetheless.

And Fluffy, man, hey, that would be the coolest thing ever if a concert for the board people could be organized. You could just email the fans individually and have the show somewhere convenient for you all, and you wouldn't have to work the merch booth and you could just invite Andy Dick and Val Kilmer. I would drop whatever I was doing and be there as well. I think that there are about 50 people on here that would make prime candidates for a spot at a show like that. We could sbd it and get a pro-shot video (charge a little admission to pay for that), then you would have your DVD and a live album to put forth for the other fans.

Aaahhh. California Dreamin' on such a winter's day.

Peace

-Jason-
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/12/2001 : 12:08:22 AM
Well I'm back... last nights show was absolutely amazing. Greg Howard is the freakin' man... blew me away. Tim is the freakin' man... blew me away. Encore with both of them... blew me away. Crowd was very quiet throughout the whole show, and a good time was had by all. My friends and I got there very early and got to sit front row-center, second people to get there next to Jason, whom by the way, it was really good to meet you. We also got to meet Tim, Greg, and Fluffy briefly after the show. Fluffy it was good to meet you, we would have stuck around longer but you seemed pretty busy when we came up to you at the merch desk after the show, and I figured you guys probably wanted to get the hell out of there by the time that everyone accosted you guys on the way to your car at 3 am for pictures and autographs.

Though this is fairly unrelated to the concert, I feel I must share... Quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen occured after the show. There was some barely post-pubescent king of morons sitting outside with his little friends after the show waiting for Tim to come out to sign his guitar, just absolutely BUTCHERING a bunch of Dave songs... let me repeat, he was playing DAVE songs outside of a Tim Reynolds concert... IDIOT! He even threw in a good slaughter of Stairway out front of the venue. He was just whipping out one after another, dead stings, out of tune, no sense of tone or rhythm whatsoever. What was even funnier was his friend who's life goal is obviously to join "Stomp" kept up as his rhythm section by hitting bottles and sticks against a brick wall. Everyone who was waiting was just quietly making fun and laughing at them and their "skillz." These kids were absolutely shameless. And as if them making complete unbelievable asses of themselves wasn't enough, the comedy came to its pure pinnacle when their mom came out from waiting in the minivan behind everyone to tell them that they would have to go if Tim didn't come out soon. Fortunate for them, Tim came out in the nick o' time and they got their autographs before bedtime and they all piled into the minivan with ma and pa as they were whisked away. I can't tell you how funny it was to see people so oblivious to the fact that all those around them were making fun. It truly was the cherry on top after such an awesome evening! Now I can't wait until Athens on Tuesday!
-J

KevinLesko Posted - 11/11/2001 : 04:32:37 AM
Seriously Fluffy I knew you were good for something.... that is a damn great idea!!! I might be hard as hell to organize but I'd be willing to drop whatever I'm doing and hop on a train to Sante Fe or wherever if it meant being able to not only meet all the cool people here, but also see an amazing show with a respectful audience.

LizT Posted - 11/10/2001 : 10:52:43 AM
Hey Fluffy, can you IMAGINE all of us together! LOL!! Yes, that would be an amazing unforgettable good time! I would have to take a freakin week off from work to recover from that one! Ahh, I can only dream!! Please Tell TnT I said HI! Liz
dirtysloth Posted - 11/10/2001 : 10:52:18 AM
That really would be a good time. I was hoping to meet some of you guys/girls at the shows I'm seeing(11/16, 11/17), but nobody responded to my post before so that doesn't seem to promising(if someone is please speak up, would love to meet ya!)... but still looking forward to meeting you Fluffy(we met once before at the last C-ville show, you took the pic of me & Tim that's on my site, don't know if you remember that).

Peace,
Patrick

Fluffy Posted - 11/10/2001 : 07:13:04 AM
Hey Liz, we will miss you. Hotlanta is looking like it is going to be a whos who of message board freaks(meant in a good way, afterall, I am one of you. One of Us, One of Us, One of Us) Maybe one day we can organize a private concert somewhere in the world only for message board people and we can all converge and have a great big TR party to celebrate the man and his fingers. Now that would be a good time.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
LizT Posted - 11/09/2001 : 4:44:34 PM
Lucky, lucky you! Gee, where's the Enterprise when I need it. Beam me up Scotty! Wish I could be there. Have fun! Liz

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000