Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 09/28/03 Bryn Mawr, PA The Point

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJK Posted - 09/29/2003 : 10:22:11 AM
Ok, let me be the first to say I suck at reviews. Having said that I will let the set list up to Erich or Fluffy.

If I didn't know about Tim's mother passing away earilier in the day I would not have known anything was wrong. The man is simply amazing. Together with Mason's artwork on visual effects, Tim's music came alive to those of us lucky enough to be there in the little coffee shop. The venue, while small, was a wonderful place to hear music, especially Tim's. The crowd was mixed too which pleased me, no I wasn't the oldest one there,hehe. College kids and "oldies" alike, we sat mesmerized by Tims guitar.

He played Back door, my personal favorite. He also played a song I didn't know for the encore which was about dying. Knowing about his mother, and dealing with my situation, that song got to me a bit. My eyes got all watery and I prayed I wouldn't just start crying. I didn't. (I couldn't help but wonder if that was put in the set for his mother) I was glad he followed it up with Red Rain even though that isn't exactly a "happy" song.

I think most of the crowd seemed genuinely interested in Tims music.
A couple of people got up and left about 15 mins into the show which pissed me off a bit, because it was a sold out show and I knew so many people on the board who wanted to be there.

Ofcourse the night was made better by seeing old and new friends. Teri was there as was Erich and his mother Laura, and Chris, who I never got to meet but heard was there.(he promised to do a review too I am told) It was great meeting Masons "girlfriend" and Fluffy's friend as well. Damn I am soooo bad at names! They were both wonderful women.

Talk about a dedicated sister, Teri drove 6 hours to the show and then turned around and drove the 6 hours back after 11:00!

To Fluffy, Rew, Mason and Tim, thanks for a most wonderful evening! I was so wired afterwards I never fell asleep until after 4.

Thank you Tim for going ahead with the show. I honestly don't know how you did it, but you took us all on a wonderful journey last night and for that I am truly thankful.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HaikuWarriors41 Posted - 10/07/2003 : 3:24:03 PM
yes indeed, i'm the one.
Erich Posted - 10/06/2003 : 11:36:20 PM
Hey elliot, welcome even though youve been a member for a while :) were you the one i met after the show, you said youve been to my site and such?
HaikuWarriors41 Posted - 10/06/2003 : 10:33:03 PM
wow. i've been a member for over a year now, and that right there was my first post. that's kind of pitiful.
HaikuWarriors41 Posted - 10/06/2003 : 10:31:41 PM
Truly an unbelievable evening. The show, being my first time experiencing TR live, was mind-blowing in and of itself. In addition, I had the pleasure of meeting some nice folks, notably Teri, Pam, Amber, and Erich. Fluffy, I was disappointed that I didn't get the chance to thank you in person for putting my name on the list, but given the circumstances, it's understandable that you had quite a bit to take care of. I certainly hope to get a chance to see some of you again next time the crew heads my way.

And the audience! From what I'd heard, I was expecting a boorish crowd. But for the hour and a half that Tim played, the room was silent. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. But most important is the fact that there was a show at all. I'm moved just knowing that Tim was willing and able to play for all of us that night, and more amazing yet, to do such a great job of it.
PJK Posted - 10/03/2003 : 2:22:59 PM
Arthen, I wish you could have been there too! Also Kevin and Patrick! (Darn I wish everyone from the board could have been there!) It was truly a special night. I have been replaying it over and over again in my mind!

Erich, don't forget to give your mom my email address. It was sooo great seeing both of you! (She has such a beautiful name, Laurisa!)

Thanks Fluffy for the names, ofcourse I remember now, Amber and Kathleen! How could I have forgotten???? I sure would like to see both of them again some day! I am especially interested in Kathleen's documentary. Let us know if you receive more info. on that, ok?
Arthen Posted - 10/02/2003 : 9:48:09 PM
Behold the power of music and emotion combined.

I wish I could've been at that show, from both of your descriptions it sounds like it was the most powerful concert of the whole tour.
Fluffy Posted - 10/02/2003 : 7:35:01 PM
It was a truly special show. The audience was WONDERFUL, probably the best and most respective of the TouR, just what TR needed for that show. I don't know how he would have handled a crowd that was constantly talking, shouting his name(Timmah!),or shouting out songs or "acoustic". It was great seeing everyone there, friends and family, on such a tough day. It is always nice to know you have folks who care and are close when you are feeling down. As for the names you could't remember, Erich's mom is Laurisa, Mason's "girlfriend" is Amber, and the last person referred to as "Fluffy's friend" was Kathleen. Kathleen originally came to the Rams Head show and interviewed TR for a documentary she is making on "PEACE" and UNITY thru Peace, and she also shot that show with her camera. Rams Head was recorded by a friend of mine from the SNDBRD and I think Mason and Erich recorded that show as well. So there should be 3 angles on vid from that performance. She turned up in Bryn Mawr, driving all the way from the DC area, hoping to record the show at The Point with 3 cameras she brought with her, but given the special circumstances of the day, I opted to not point a bunch of cameras at TR on this particular nite. I just didn't feel it was appropriate given the situation. Thanx to Kathleen for making the long trip and then understanding my position in not wanting to shoot the show and hopefully you can make another show very soon and it will be a much better situation for shooting.

As for My Death, which is a David Bowie cover that TR has recently been quite excited about, it is mostly just coincedence. He had been planning on working out a cover of it since he loves it so much and the nite before the Bryn Mawr show he worked it out and figured out all the lyrics in his hotel room. This was before he knew anything about his mothers worsening condition so I think it is just coincidence. He may have played it with his mom in mind that nite in his head but he never mentioned that it was specifically for her. I think it is just another one of those beautiful SYCHRONICITIES I always talk about. As Erich will attest, I did not make it thru the cover so well. I pretty much lost it as I watched and listened to TR sing his heart out to his mom on it. It really was beautiful and the high point of the show in my estimation.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000