Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 03/22/03 D&T @ Radio City Music Hall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 12:31:08 AM
Just got home and still in awe

Crowd - A+ especially after wild horses was thrown out after 3 songs. Even dave said this was the most polite crowd and that he wasnt sure if he was paranoid and everybody was sleeping

Tim - A++ for everybody who said he didnt do much at the first two he really turned it on tonight with his two solo songs and all the parts in the regular songs. Unbelievable

Dave - A++ Voice sounded great and he was in a great mood. Guitar play was perfect

Set List - A+ Two step, jimi thing, and nancies as a closer. They didn't play 41 which was the only song people requested but still a great set

Acoustics - A++ heard every single thing dave said and sang it was perfect

SET LIST

Bartender
When The World Ends (Extended Verse)
Captain
Satellite
{Fool to Think}->
Where Are you Going
Jimi Thing (What Will Become of Me)
Everyday (#36)
Pay For What You Get (Norweigan Wood)
The Stone (Wise Men Say)
"Dave Speak story about pygmies"
Grace is Gone
Gravedigger
Tim Solo
Big Eyed Fish
Two Step
Crush
Don't Drink the Water (This Land...)
One Sweet World (Swim Naked)
Tim Solo
Cry Freedom
Lie In Our Graves
Grey Street
Ants Marching

I'll Back You Up
Dancing Nancies
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 03/24/2003 : 8:44:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sorrel

We are leaving straight from Fl the day of, at some unholy hour in the morning to get there by hopefully 5 or 6 pm .

Why not leave at midnight? Less traffic...
Miss Sorrel Posted - 03/24/2003 : 7:40:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich
[brIf i could get one at radio city, which was tighter to get into than an amish chick durring the 8th grade dance, NC will be a breeze.

After hearing sharing this EXACT statement with my buddy, he is not only really excited about the possibilty of getting in, but is also laughing his ass off, as am I.

The only problem is that 5-6 hours before hand thing. We are leaving straight from Fl the day of, at some unholy hour in the morning to get there by hopefully 5 or 6 pm . None the less though, thanks for the insight and the new found hope! Really happy that it worked out for you.
Erich Posted - 03/24/2003 : 7:22:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sorrel

Oh yeah... der... Winston-Salem, NC, this Friday.

YES. the trick is to get there at least 5 or 6 hours before the show. chill, eat, whatever, but always be on the lookout for:

* fans selling
* box office opening extras

If i could get one at radio city, which was tighter to get into than an amish chick durring the 8th grade dance, NC will be a breeze.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 03/24/2003 : 4:27:00 PM
Oh yeah... der... Winston-Salem, NC, this Friday.
tericee Posted - 03/24/2003 : 4:23:40 PM
This is totally not on subject, but I live tim~and~dave's new sig!!! Kudos!
tim~and~dave Posted - 03/24/2003 : 3:59:58 PM
to what show, miss sorell?
Miss Sorrel Posted - 03/24/2003 : 3:31:07 PM
quote:

I spent 94$ last minute when someone hooked me up with an extra.

That's awesome! You must have been stoked... Let me ask you something... one of my friends is ticketless and last minute has decided that he may be willing to take the ten hour drive to see if he can get one while there... is it worth it?
Dickey500 Posted - 03/24/2003 : 3:28:42 PM
I gotta admit - despite the fact that people were a little chatty during Impermanence, they were pretty damn respectful during Kudalini. The yelling between songs and chatter during Tim's solos were miniscule when compared to the 99 shows. All in all - a damn good night. I found I was sitting one row over from Jon Soldo and Mason. Small world...
Erich Posted - 03/23/2003 : 10:47:33 PM
cool, yeah, that was me.

I spent 94$ last minute when someone hooked me up with an extra. i flipped out, i was so happy about that. the show was the same as the last two, which i dont care too much about, but i got to see Impermanance.
darbosh Posted - 03/23/2003 : 8:58:48 PM
quote:

youre welcome for the names ;) j/k

I waited years to hear Impermanance live, so that was worth the show for me

You were standing on line at the box office right? You jokingly asked if you could buy my ticket and then said you thought you'd seen me at shows before. How did you end up getting inside?
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 2:08:47 PM
i can see why people would say i was very lenient but this was my first show so i was just blown away in the first place.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 03/23/2003 : 12:29:36 PM
I think our reviewer was very lenient... he gaev many high remarks... I enjoyed the show, but I was upset that the level of Tim's guitar was way below Dave's all night long. It was a struggle to hear tim :( I thought that he was making an effort not to draw attention to himself. I wasn't expecting a carbon copy of any of the bootlegs I have from 99 but I know that Tim definitely didn't show off his stuff last night... as in ripping solos and wild antics.
It BLEW my MIND that TIM played Impermanence.... holy mother of grace... this was the last song I expected coming into the show... it did, however, best represent the mood of his music the whole night. Kundalini started off pretty mellow ( as compared to the rendition from 9-27-02...) but then he started shredding.
The unfortunate part is that althoguh the crowd was pretty decent all night, once they heard TIM play at any speed above Dave's, they started cheering so loudly that you couldn't even ehar what he was doing! At least they got excited.
oh man, there was this guy sitting next to me who was trying to sing along with every dave song, and even hum along to the riffs.. ( think of the Stone.. duh dah duh didi duh den de duh) he was sooo annoying.. and he was acting as if he had a drum set in front of him.. like literally drumming in the air.. and then of course.. that Air Guitar!!! he was strumming along in his seat to dave's parts and shaking his seat so much it made my row of the section oscillate. I've never seen somebody who was so inappropriately enthusiastic.
It was worth the price of admission to see Tim play Impermanence.
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 10:47:24 AM
the show didn't live up to all the hype people gave it with special guests and all the crap but it was still the greatest night of my life.
Erich Posted - 03/23/2003 : 02:21:47 AM
youre welcome for the names ;) j/k

I waited years to hear Impermanance live, so that was worth the show for me
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 02:05:30 AM
#1 - Impermanance
#2 - Kundalini Bonfire
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 01:04:40 AM
sorry my knowledge of the titles of all of tims songs is not that good. his first one was a little more mellow but the second was INSANE. i will try and find out the names
KevinLesko Posted - 03/23/2003 : 01:00:56 AM
thanks for th review... do you know which songs TR did?
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 12:54:37 AM
oh yea and people were still a little disrepectful during tims solos which pissed me off but he got another standing ovation

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000