Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 D&T URI show....Jaw Dropping

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SeanDMB_Tim Posted - 03/21/2003 : 7:28:26 PM
First off, I am a 17 year old die hard fan of Tim Reynolds...I think obsession is the word. Not just the Acoustic stuff and NOT just the Dave stuff. Thought I should get that out there just in case you all felt like judging on first impressions or something. Back when Tim did a tour to hit Boston, I had emailed Fluffy basically begging him to see if I could get into the bar, Harpers Ferry, to see Tim. Keep in mind, it was an 18+ show and I was 16 at the time. I would have gone if I could get a 2 days notice. Unforunatle or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I got the email from him I guess the morning of, but didnt see it until an hour before it started....and hour away with no ride. It was the coolest email ever letting me and all, I hope its okay Im sharing this. but that was so cool to be welcomed by the man to put the Ferry at risk for me.
So it has been a huge-mongus dream to see TIM in a small venue and it still Is, but I guess I'll have to settle for what I witnessed last night. So I went with my girlfriend...I'll spare you all the story about what that meant to me. Basically this was a night full of things that I never knew would happen to me. Being with this girl. Being in the presence of Dave and TIM. Being with this girl at Dave and TIM!!
I started out as a Dave fan and I still am, but I am not one of the assholes who claps and screams. I sit back and enjoy. I dont go or get drunk or high, just high on life and the experience. Like many, I suppose, I first heard TIM on the Luther College CD. I was so stupid, get this: I thought TIM was the violin player and I didnt notice the lack of drums and bass and sax. So I thought for the first week or so that this was the full band on CD and that this violin player was some guy who was maybe a new addition. I learned. So I have like all his CDs now and love mostly the acoustic madness stuff, but most of the electric I can really enjoy. With that said, I was honestly there to see Tim more than Dave. I have seen the DMB 3 times and I thought it would be neat to see such a huge name in such a small place, but Ive never seen TIM in action before cept for a few videos. Oh baby, It was phenominal!!!! And Tim....finally I have breathed his air. (Though I probably didnt...they had awesome ventilation...but I'll leave this part in parenthases) So, yeah...I breathed his air. I was on the edge of the back corner balcony...but probably less that 100 yards away. I dont know where IM going with this mwa haha, but it was more than I expected from both guys...and I expected Alot because I think thats fair, TIMs DVD is now in my posession as it was being sold at the booths. Im gunna go watch it soon I think. The cover picture I have had on my bulletin board for about a year...I have powers I think.
So it was such a wonderful thing to see everyone who has been sitting all night give TIM a standing ovation. My memory tells me it was very polite, but I bet there is screaming that I am missing. THere was screamng in the middle, but not near me, so I could hear everything. My girlfriend has bad eyes, so she used these binoculars I broght, and I said "watch his HAND" and she said "what hand, you mean that blur right there?" and then added a wink or something. I was like....you rock!!! SO yeah, I have converted someone. And to end this ranting....and I am dreadfully sorry, it just came out...dont shoot me Im just the messanger of these things I guess I needed to type. So yeah, to end...Dave could seriously get away with doing a standup tour. Hed need the guitar for comfort, but he could do like...."A Comedic evening with Dave Matthews" And maybe Tim could throw in a few "ostiche intestines" thatd be nice. So, I hope TIm comes by so I can see a solo show...but I had an amazing time last night. I feel so lucky to be appreciative of TIM. He was so tasteful with his delay addatives last nigt and he was quick to grab the slide when needed....soooo cool that he knows just what the background needs. So with that said, its nap time and DVD time. Hopefully not at the same time. I doubt thatll happen.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 03/22/2003 : 4:04:17 PM
I'm glad you had such a good time. It was fun to live vicariously through your story!
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/21/2003 : 8:48:01 PM
hey man great story. im kinda in the same thing as you (im 16 now) and my first time seeing tim will be tomorrow night at radio city and can't wait for it. il be bringing my gf who is a huge dave fan also. but i can't wait to see tims magic fingers in motion. listening to luther college and nomadic wavelenght just trying to picture them in action is too hard to do

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000