Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 11/06/02 Alexandria, VA Birchmere show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 11/08/2002 : 12:30:25 AM
I drove a good five hours on Wednesday night, and I'm not complaining. the Birchmere show was yet another fantastic effort my TIM and the cREW. I was particularly impressed with the new video footage that Mason had behind the projection screen. Sweet stuff, especially for Indoctrinate. We got to see ( what I believe is) a NEW acoustic song with lyrics - some light jazzy chords in there, a very nice rhythm. I also heard some electric material that wasn't present at any of the other three shows I attended this tour. I'm thankful. ya know who I didn't see though?! ERICH! For those of you who weren't there, it was actually hard to see any of the crowd because the big ( dining?) room was a dark place ( a shame, too, cos some of the audience and waitresses were easy on the eyes). it was definitely the quietest crowd I've seen. I mean that in a quiet=respectful way ( I think). We were treated to some mind-blowing material, adn some surprises, including a taste of the Wayfarer in Letting Go. A nice hearty moment was when tim came out for an encore, a request for Stranger in a Strained Land was made... Tim replied, "That's exactly the song i was about to play! really! no, look! right here on the setlist!" haha, as he went into some kooky story about the book with a similar title.

Afterwards, I was hangign around tim and some other fans when the Maestro himself was talking about musical development. I'd like to share some words that inspired me from Tim (quotes arent exact, it's late at night) -
"after playing for 30 years or so, I've learned it isn't as much about what you play, it's about what you learn not to play. You have to realize that you go certain places with the music and ya don't go other places. You find this out about yourself and things evolve."

To ME, it's inspiring.

thanks Tim.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/21/2002 : 03:35:05 AM
That is kind of a hard question to answer. I guess the proper answer would be NO, but he has done shows, like the one with Soko at the Knitting Factory, where he plays more instruments than just guitar. Way back in the day, TR was a bass player and played in many a cover band in the 70's. I don't know if these count in the scheme of your question, but I hope the answer helps. Suffice it to say, he has played many instruments live over the years, but tours have been primarily guitar tours.
PJK Posted - 11/14/2002 : 9:09:21 PM
I second that JFP.....a Tim sitar show would be something I would travel to hear!!! By plane if I had to.....and I HATE flying!!!!
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 11/14/2002 : 7:33:34 PM
Fluffy, thanks for the info on that song. Has Tim ever toured by playing something other than guitar? How bout a Srping '03 live sitar tour?
Fluffy Posted - 11/13/2002 : 01:27:29 AM
Hey JFP, missed you at the Rams Head show. I was hoping you would make the drive. Sorry for the confusion. Wish you could have been there. As for the song you mentioned in your Birchmere review, the acoustic song with vocals is "My Shadow" from "Sanctuary". According to TR, he originally wrote it on piano but has no idea how it went or how to play it on piano anymore. He tried to figure it out one nite at soundcheck for us and began laughing at himself for not being able to remember his own song. He said he hadn't really ever played it on piano since he originally wrote it and once he converted to guitar, thats the way he has played it ever since. It was funny to watch him try and figure out how the song originally went on piano. Guess you had to be there.
ohbilly1985 Posted - 11/09/2002 : 2:56:25 PM
I enjoyed how Tim came back out holding the plate in his hands. Excellent show.
PJK Posted - 11/08/2002 : 07:04:45 AM
JFP you made my day. Reading that was the next best thing to being there. I can't wait for someone to review Annapolis. I guess you didn't go to that one? Age thing??? Anyway THANKS for the review!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000