Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 09/27/01 Knitting Factory was Amazing 4 all but me

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 09/30/2001 : 09:16:16 AM
We let me start by saying the show was truly amazing and the audience was truly amazing. Quite respectful. It was a beautiful show! To bad I can be truly, amazingly, stupid. I noticed the candle as I set up merch and even squatted to sell merch so it would not be an issue.(The photo by Kevin Lesko shows the candle on the ledge right behind me) I should have just moved it, but I didn't. DOAH!!! I stood up and the next thing I know, "Fluffy! you are on fire!" Without missing a beat I smashed it out and continued selling CDs. My mood was forever changed for that night. I think I lost as much as 9 inches. UGHHH! It definitely explains my lousy pic with Kevin. Sorry Kevin. Bad Timing! You did get the last pic of me with long hair. Sorry to say the nite did not get much better for me. I have been out of touch for the last few days as when I returned to the hotel, I showered and washed my hair 4 times to get the burned hair smell out. Then went to turn on my laptop and it had DIED! And I mean DIED! Lost everything. Jon says he thinks he can help me retrieve the info, but that really doesn't help me out here on the road. All the tour info was on that computer and I have been busting ass to get all the info back. I am typing on my new computer, which was no easy task to acquire and set up in such a short amount of time. Keep in mind, I am no computer whiz, and if it had not been for my sister, Teri, in LA I would have been sunk. Not to mention, Rew, who kept a level head and showed great patience while I was flipping out. I guess if it had to happen, it happened in the best place it could have happened.(To look at the good side)If it had happened anywhere else you would probably not be hearing from me again until the tour is over. So much love and thanx go out to my sis Teri, who always seems to bail me out of these tight situations that bring so much stress into my life. She is one cool cucumber. This morning when we left LA, Diane, Tim's wife looked at my hair and said "we gotta cut it off". There were scissors right there in the glove box, she grabbed them, and in one snip most of my ponytail was gone. Well today is a new day and my hair will grow back. Thank God I was not burned. It could have been much worse. Today is already looking much better. As we drove into SF CA(me and Rew's spiritual home) We saw a shooting star(a good omen) and as we pulled off the freeway onto the Streets of San Francisco, John Lee Hooker began singing "I left my heart in San Francisco" from his song "Frisco Blues" It was quite awesome! We took at a good omen as well. Things are definitely looking up. On the good side, I have a great new laptop. I am back up and running and trying to catch up with all the tour info I lost. By the way, I almost did the real RnR thing and hurled the old laptop off the balcony after 1 hr of not being able to get it up and running. I stood on my 11th floor balcony overlooking Sunset Strip, holding the laptop over the edge and was I ready to hurl that s.o.b. right out into the street, but I figured they would kick me out of the hotel for that kind of RnR behavior. Keith Moon and Iggy Pop can get away with that shit at the Hyatt(Riot)House, but I don't think I could. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
46   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 06:40:25 AM
I think that is pretty phycing obvious!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 09/09/2002 : 05:00:24 AM
I call president!

"Always follow your heart, but use your brain." - My dad
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 03:44:49 AM
You guys are out of control. I think we are going to have to start a new forum just for you guys and your post whoring. Title: Post Whores Unanimous

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 4:09:49 PM
That's because we're On the Edge of having No Other Words.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 4:05:48 PM
I Give Up.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 4:02:39 PM
Damn! I guess I should Try a Little Harder Without a Robe.......I Don't Know......It's Time you Do It Yourself.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:57:56 PM
Maybe they're Signs of a Light Up Ahead Comin' After You!!! Hide!!! Don't worry, tho, There Is No Judgment. Your Sould will be required, or a Sacrifice.

(shoulda just dropped the alright, alright?)

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:51:56 PM
Hehe....look! Post whoring As Far As We Can See.

(If TIM wrote a song called Alright, my entire post could have been songs.....dammit!)

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:49:29 PM
I was Going Too, but now I Don't Know What you mean.

(your last one was a good one..)

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:43:44 PM
Alright....this is Turning into Something Nasty..........It's Dead.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:40:41 PM
I DON'T think everyone knows better. And if we aren't like children, we might fight the urge to be Taking Refuge on the Forbidden Planet. If the Spacewhale doesn't get us, and we're Alive when Dawn Switches On, then I'd say we can finally Smile.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:09:32 PM
Yeah well........Everyone Knows Better.......and I think we should Analyze our Singular Obsession with Letting Go of our Intuition Like a Child.....

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:05:27 PM
Well, first we should try the Non Violent Approach in the Morning Mist of a Cool Day in May beneath Glimpses of the Shifting Currents.

If that doesn't work, we'll have to try again In The Eleventh Hour using the Blue Scooter.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 3:00:49 PM
You know.....I think we should be Calling the Earth to Witness what's Beneath the Surface......because I think it's all Bull.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:51:43 PM
It's simply Mind Over Matter. Well, that or a Distant Episode you had Without Thinking.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:49:16 PM
I think using all these are making us Decline in Reason.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:46:06 PM
Yep, I'd say we'd be living On The Edge of a Higher Plane.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:36:35 PM
Are you saying that you have "Loose interpretations"?.....(yeah I know I didn't change it, but the perverseness is there).

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:32:58 PM
quote:

Followed by Cumin' after you.

Then we'd be Much More Than Old Fiends.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:31:26 PM
Oh, yeah, I guess we did. Is it my turn?

pcbTIM Posted - 09/05/2002 : 2:28:51 PM
Didn't we just do that?

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/05/2002 : 01:54:34 AM
hehe... You want to start the name game again?

pcbTIM Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:37:04 AM
Followed by Cumin' after you.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:35:59 AM
After the Sodomy Settles?

pcbTIM Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:33:04 AM
You should have said after the sodomy. That would have made him think.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:30:37 AM
This guy asked me tonight at the UCSC (yep, I just said that with as much contempt as can actually be typed)... when they got "to burn me at the stake."

So ... would I make that good of a bar b kew?

pcbTIM Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:22:58 AM
Damn! Now how am I supposed to enjoy your pain?

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:21:21 AM
No. Now I like to burn things.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:16:33 AM
quote:

If it weren't for the fact that you said he got scars, then I'd say you might be talking about me. Well, that and the fact I didn't get burned because I threw and aerosol can in a fire... But that's where I got burned as well.

But you have emotional scars, right?

Fluffy Posted - 09/03/2002 : 10:10:06 PM
Sounds like we all need to be alot more careful with fire. HEHE Sorry to hear about your cousin Sourgirl, glad he survived it. I'd much rather have scars than die. Jason, it sounds like you were the luckiest, no scars. Hey folks, Lets be careful out there!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/03/2002 : 4:26:50 PM
quote:

he got 3rd degree burns all over his face,neck,chest,and arms.

If it weren't for the fact that you said he got scars, then I'd say you might be talking about me. Well, that and the fact I didn't get burned because I threw and aerosol can in a fire... But that's where I got burned as well.

SourGirl Posted - 09/03/2002 : 3:01:12 PM
damn Fluffy, that sux but at least your ok. Well except for the hair, which will grow back. I've never had anything like that happen to me, knock on wood. But my cousin got burned really bad, he threw an airosol can into a fire and it exploded and he got 3rd degree burns all over his face,neck,chest,and arms. He still has the scars. I'm glad it only got your hair, I don't know what we would have done here without ya'.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/03/2002 : 12:36:39 PM
I should tell you all about my fire experience... I'll see if I can get a picture scanned...

Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2002 : 7:55:39 PM
Actually it burned up the back of me, I didn't see it, someone clued me in I was on fire. It freaked me out and smelled really, really bad but I was unhurt physically. Emotionally on the other hand, I was scarred for life. Physically my shirt got fucked up but not ruined. I am actually wearing right now.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Arthen Posted - 08/28/2002 : 7:49:24 PM
I used to get burned on my hands when I worked at McDonalds from those god damn grills. Those hurt like hell, I can't imagine fire on my face.
Did it hurt at the time? Or were you too freaked out to feel it?

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Fluffy Posted - 08/28/2002 : 6:09:09 PM
In my search for the elusive Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas thread I found these. Although they are not near as much fun as Las Vegas, I can now laugh about them. I have been able to put the trauma behind me. Behind me, right where that fucking candle was. Guess I am not completely over. HEHE At least I can laugh about it now.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 10/01/2001 : 8:52:27 PM
Hey Liz, Glad to hear you and Alison are OK. Still looking forward to meeting her and the others. That really sux, right on the heals of your hospital visit(as a patient). Glad you are alright and just so ya know, the car can be replaced, you and Alison can't. So it really wasn't a tragedy, Just a big pain in the ass(or should I say shoulder).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 10/01/2001 : 09:51:24 AM
Hey Fluffy, so glad to hear you are OK. I can share in your trauma last week. On tuesday I was broadsided by a pickup truck. My life and Alison's flashed before my eyes. I was making a left turn on a green arrow and never saw him coming. I think the seatbelts saved our lives. Ali has body aches and my shoulder is separated. The car is a total loss. After seeing the car, I'm thankful were are still alive. The firemen had to cut the door off to get her out. She was briefly unconcious after the impact. I guess my triage skills as a nurse kicked in and I gently moved her head back to make sure she was breathing. When she responded, I called 911. You never know what life has in store for you. All I can say is to everyone is to drive safely and wear your seatbelt. And Fluffy, watch out for those candles! Take care........Liz
MC Posted - 09/30/2001 : 9:45:11 PM
WOW Fluffy, glad to hear that you are alright, thats all that matters. Hope there are no more problems on this leg of the tour, keep on keepin on! Take care

MC

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/30/2001 : 9:24:45 PM
Fluffy, I ended up being ok. No big whooop. I missed about 6 or 8 weeks of 8th grade, the pictures for that year, but I did find out how many people cared about me, so I guess everything has advantages. I didn't scar, so that is the best thing. And now I know not to light fires with gasoline. Any one that doesn't know that, take note.

But really, I could have scared like those people you see whose skin looks like it is melting off. As soon as it happened, I dropped and rolled for 10 or 15 feet (I was more or less blown back that far anyway) and then I got up and ran to the house and got in a shower of only cold water until my mom was ready to drive me to the hospital (at 90 miles an hour). I was just pretty calm, even reminded her to turn on the flashers. Then they packed me in ice for FOREVER and I just about froze, but all of those actions kept me from scaring, for which I am eternally grateful.

But to make a short story long... That was long ago, and your hair was just the other day, so your experience is worse than mine.

Good talking to you, and like everyone always says, thanks for frequenting the boards. And as for requests...when you and Tim are in Atlanta, play WHATEVER you guys want to play. I'm there to hear what Tim wants to play. And I hope to meet you all there (and anyone on the boards that will be there, too).

(as a sidenote, I might need to contact you about getting taping permission, in the form of a signed release or something...is that likely?)

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Fluffy Posted - 09/30/2001 : 8:38:52 PM
Whoa!! Jason, sounds like your experience was much worse than mine. Glad YOU are OK! The club still smelled like burning hair when we left. That stuff lingers! UGGHHHH I am pretty good with the health stuff and my hair already grows ridiculously fast, but thanx for the suggestions.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/30/2001 : 2:14:18 PM
Fluffy, on a somewhat unrelated but nonetheless relevant story, I just graduated college with a BS in biology, and, thinking it might help my prospects with potential employers (research facilities, doctors offices, etc.) I cut off my ponytail. I know your reason is much more bad, but I feel your pain, in a manner of speaking. I lost my hair for basically no reason (I still have no job). But hey, like you said, the hair will grow back.

In another totally unrelated story, when I was little I tried to light a brush pile with about half a gallon of gasoline, and it exploded on me, burning off a good bit of hair (including eyebrows and whatnot). So I know precicely what smell it is you are talking about, and I do feel terrible for you for that reason, among others (including loosing your long hair).

So I hope the smell is gone, and hope you get your hair back really soon. I can suggest some vitamins and stuff to make it grow faster if you want. My sister says that I think it is folic acid that makes her hair grow noticeably faster. And just vitamins in general.

Anywho, I am glad you weren't hurt. When I got burned, I had third degree (the worst kind) all over my face and arms and some on my legs. But relative calm and quick thinking on my mom's part and mine kept me from scaring, and I didn't even have to have skin grafts!

Peace,

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Erich with an h Posted - 09/30/2001 : 2:05:02 PM
i dont know why its asking for a PW on all our albums now

but thats a freaky story fluffy, glad youre ok!

btw, my micheal jackson comment from a while ago was geared towards this. do you remember when his hair caught fire from the pepsi commercial?

oh, and also, i hope the info on the comp gets restored!
KevinLesko Posted - 09/30/2001 : 1:50:47 PM
if it asks for a password, type the word "swing"

Fluffy Posted - 09/30/2001 : 09:32:28 AM
I was trying to be happy, but this was only a few minutes after it happened. Boy did I stink up the place. The pic above was taken less than a minute before it happened. A few seconds later and Kevin probably would have caught it on film. Whoa! Whatta coup! I'd love to get a shot like that. HEHE

(http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/iamkevin1/vwp?.dir=/TimReynolds&.src=ph&.dnm=tr20.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/iamkevin1/lst%3f%26.dir=/TimReynolds%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 09/30/2001 : 09:28:28 AM
Notice the ELEMENT of my DOOM, right behind me! I really should have just moved it. DOAH!!

(http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/iamkevin1/vwp?.dir=/TimReynolds&.src=ph&.dnm=tr18.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/iamkevin1/lst%3f%26.dir=/TimReynolds%26.src=ph%26.view=t)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000