Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 09/10/02 Trenton, NJ Conduit

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 09/11/2002 : 05:14:44 AM
From what I've briefly had the time to read it sounds like the shows have been amazing soo far (like I would expect less). It also sounds like Liz and Erich have made it to a few shows. C'mon guys lets hear some reviews! I can't wait to hear what you guys thought. Did either of you get to photograph the show at all? Let me know what's up.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/13/2002 : 11:04:13 AM
I didn't have time to read that yesterday, but it is a good review indeed.

Fluffy Posted - 09/13/2002 : 03:31:07 AM
Hey Will, Great to see you post. That review is AWESOME. Looks like you took something positive out of the barrage of info. TR will be so happy. I hope alot of others left with the same feelings or at least made them stop and think. Your review was awesome and I can't wait to read it to TR. He will be so happy. He is always asking us how we think it is going over and I think an independent review like this will go along way to convince him he is on the right track. I will be sure to post any comments he has as I read it to him. Glad to see you back on the boards and it was great seeing you again. Hope to see you at more shows in the future. Thanx again for the awesome review. I will be sure and pass it on to Lisa, TR's publicity person as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 09/12/2002 : 6:15:14 PM
Wow, Spacemonkey glad to see you post. Looks like you have much to contribute to the message board. Welcome!!

pcbTIM Posted - 09/12/2002 : 5:24:20 PM
quote:

As for the performances, they were sweet indeed..and yes, Backdoor and FuckOff are probably worth the price of admission alone.

Ummmmmmm.......you might want to change that.......

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
SpaceMonkey Posted - 09/12/2002 : 4:55:01 PM
After talking to Fluffy last night, it dawned on me that "lurker" sounds too close to "stalker" so I'm gonna start posting a bunch to lose that moniker...

Anyway, after nearly a year and half of no TR shows I had the pleasure of attending last night's show in Wilkes as well as the Trenton show on the previous night. Both were well-attended from beginning to end and overall the crowds were pretty good. I would have to give Murray's Inn the edge in venue coolness just because they had a nice, high balcony that gave an awesome view of the performance. Murray's also had an extra screen going in addition to the one behind Tim. Conduit didn't do too much for me, but I would definitly recommend Murray's if you're in that neck of PA for some reason. The owner (I think) seemed like an old-school hippie and he addressed the crowd before Peter Prince and said that he had no problem with people smoking reefer outside as long as they weren't "stupid about it, man". Once a hippie always a hippie, I guess.

As for the performances, they were sweet indeed..and yes, Backdoor and FuckOff are probably worth the price of admission alone. After talking to the Crew it sounds like they are really just scratching the surface with the video stuff...still finding bits and pieces of footage that fits, etc. I've seen seven TR shows now and I can defintley say that I'd like to see the video stuff stay forever. It just makes the show that much more of an expereince and does a much better job of keeping a crowd focused on everything: the music, the lights, the message in the video, etc. TR's obviously trying to stimulate brains and this is probably the best format to do that with. By the end of the show, you definitly feel like you had this mad professor guide you through a little trip for two hours. Now shouldn't every concert feel like that?! As with all things Tim, they only get better with TIMe, so I'd like to think that the video will progress to the point where you can just as easily watch it for the show's duration as you could watch Tim play.

I was also really psyched to see these two shows on the one-year anniverary of 9/11. Considering the subject matter of the video--Bush Jr. & Sr., Osama, Saddam, police state, WTC, USA fucking with third world countries--you were definitly gonna get some kind of reaction from an audience regardless of the artist...especially when you're playing in Trenton (aka Anthrax Letter) and the Poconos, two places that are basically satellites of the Apple. There were times on both nights where I'd scan the crowd to see how they were reacting...and you saw everything from drunk guys yelling "fuck you!" to images of Osama, to pretty girls wincing at pictures of mutilated bodies, to collective hoots of joy when the words "FULL...OF...SHIT" were superimposed over footage of Bush and Rumsfeld addressing the nation with the latest jargon on war on terror.

I think expereincing a show like this can have a more positive effect on young people--or anybody--on this date, definitely more uplifting than the news. I mean, does anybody really need to watch CNN for 24 hours, watch thirty different memorials, hear rescue workers talk about the friends they lost, and then watch Ashley Bain(of my existence)field try and track Al-Qaeda through some caves in her top-of-the line North Face gear? What the hell is all this supposed to do besides make people dwell on the fact that something really tragic happened?! Chaos View is the prefect antedote for the all the shitty journalism we had to endure for the past year because it doesn't shy away from the issues and it didn't try and make you feel better about things by waving a flag and playing God Bless America for 8 millionth time. The world's fucked up, our gov't does more damage than good, don't be apathetic and lazy, get personally involved to change things...that was what I went home with...not a bad message to take get out of a rock concert...

LizT Posted - 09/12/2002 : 08:01:05 AM
Thank you very much TR!!!!!!

You are a wonderful person! Much love and happiness to you!

Fluffy Posted - 09/12/2002 : 04:39:33 AM
I did get some kewl pics that night. I even got one of TR onstage and Erich right up front. Hopefully you will see them very soon after the end of the first leg of the tour. Glad you all had such a great TIMe and enjoyed the show. Thanx go to TR, not me. We are all there because of him, including me. We all have him to thank. THANX TR!!!

PS: I also wish you could have been there Kev, and also everyone else. I would love to have everyone at the same show once or always for that matter. Wouldn't that be great. AHHHHHH Utopia.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
LizT Posted - 09/11/2002 : 3:07:42 PM
Oh sorry Erich, thanks for making the info correct! Hey it was great meeting you Erich. You are much taller than I thought you would be. Hope to see you at future shows. Next TIMe I'll get there early enough to tape! I've been walking around with a smile on my face all day, I had an awesome TIMe last night! Hey Kev I wish you were there!

Erich with an h Posted - 09/11/2002 : 08:41:33 AM
I cannot put into words how fucking awsome that show was. I just can't. Backdoor and Face Off (I like Facelift for a name way better) were probably the most unbelievable things Ive seen in my entire fucking concert going life. Tim doing the keyboards and guitar at the same time is something that i couldnt have imagined, but it was crazy.
I'll post (most ) of the pictures here today, im still getting them up on the comp. I'll be going to at least 2 more shows, hopefuly more.

And liz, Kyle wasnt the one videotaping, it was the sound guys from the venue. they were doing a test run on videotaping their shows, and theyre the ones that also got the DAT feed into it too. But that doesnt matter, theres still a tri-angle video and DSBD floating as of now and that makes me happy

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
LizT Posted - 09/11/2002 : 07:42:07 AM
Hey Kev!! Last night was the first show for this tour I made it to. I got there just in the nick of TIMe. Words cannot describe the intensity and amazement of the show. I'm totally blown away!! I got there too late to record but Fluffy said the show was taped and there was lots of video taken. Kyle's the man! Erich took a lot of pics and of course Fluffy did too. Kev you must see a show, TR has topped the last tour. And.... Tim played Backdoor!!! I love that tune and I think you know that. The sweetest part, I guess because I'm a mom, was when Tim played a song by Eura! That was soooo cool! The video was very powerful, Kyle is awesome. Many thanks again to Fluffy, Rew, Kyle and TR. You guys are the best!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000