Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 04/27/02 Ft Collins, CO Aggie Theater

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 05/01/2002 : 10:19:17 PM
"I've never been to a show of his, and I've heard the stories, and he still scared the living shit out of me. At least with Marilyn Manson, Kiss, Alice Cooper etc. you know its an act. I think he actually thinks he's from another planet, and he seemed to have this deranged look in his eye the whole night. Aside from that the music was awesome, but he is one wierd dude. The bucket police hat tonight was a nice touch."

33   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/06/2002 : 10:15:41 PM
Nope, Yngwie definately does not make me moist.

-what-
pcbTIM Posted - 05/06/2002 : 10:12:12 PM
Doesn't......

Float your boat
Tickle your pickle
Make you moist
Blow your dress up
Bakes your cake
Flies your kite

and last but not least

Do it for ya!

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/06/2002 : 9:10:33 PM
Doesn't roll your socks up and down?

Yngwie is good, there's no question about that. Just a matter of taste, I think.

-what-
Dave S Posted - 05/06/2002 : 5:10:28 PM
Yeh..yngwie although technically proficient, lacks emotion in his playing. he doesn't know when to show off, and when to play something pretty. he can play arpegiated chords in 3nd notes at 200bpm all day, and i won't give a damn, it just doesnt flip my skirt so to speak

Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/06/2002 : 2:08:33 PM
Talk about your all time overrated players... he's just never done it for me, even with all his speed.
-J

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/06/2002 : 1:21:16 PM
Yngwie...ewwww...

victorwootenfan Posted - 05/06/2002 : 1:19:32 PM
speaking of Yngwie Malmsteen, has anyone seen his new signature pedal? it's a freakin' DOD pedal, that's sad for anyone who has a signature pedal or something from DOD. What a shitty company!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Fluffy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 10:02:53 AM
Hey Kev, I forgot to mention that TR threw in a little of "Red Rain" into "Forthcoming". It was way kewl!!! I can't wait to get home and get the recording of that show. The soundman told me he was gonna possibly master it before he sends it. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
genome Posted - 05/06/2002 : 08:55:09 AM
You did the inlays on the instruments? How involved and hard was it? Give me what details you can.

Thanks.

Fluffy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 08:46:39 AM
Hey Kev, the Seattle encore was called "Forthcoming". I am pretty sure it's a new one. TR says it is one of the ones he can stretch out on a little bit more. Not quite so structured. I think it was in the set last nite in Portland, but I don't think he used the tele for some reason. TR is pretty unpredictable, as we all know!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/05/2002 : 2:42:57 PM
I dont the Inlays on my Acoustic and on
My Violin... if that helps any.
Joe

genome Posted - 05/05/2002 : 2:01:48 PM
PRS, huh? I can dig it. I happen to like just about any inlays other than the standard dots ot lines or bars. Hence my favoring the SG. So the dragon models are nice to me, and the ones that have the signature bird inlays are fantastic. If I can ever find the time to figure out how to do my own inlays (I DO know that you can), I'm going to get to work on some of my instruments.

So ... anyone here ever done any inlays?

Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/05/2002 : 1:41:29 PM
PRS = Paul Ried Smith guitars. You tend to see them in the hands of just about every new rock band nowadays... that is, if they aren't playing a LP. The most famous model is probably the Santana II. You should check them out... beautiful looking instruments. www.prsguitars.com

-J

genome Posted - 05/05/2002 : 1:03:06 PM
The only Les Paul I like, Silky, is the Gothic one. I'm just not a fan of those. And I'll have to be honest and say that I don't know what a PRS is.

As for Strats and Teles:

SYSTEM OF A DOWN
WOLF MARSHALL
WEEZER
JIMMIE VAUGHAN
SEPULTURA
GEORGE HARRISON
JEFF BECK
RITCHIE BLACKMORE
ROY BUCHANAN
JAMES BURTON
ALBERT COLLINS
ROBERT CRAY
DICK DALE
DANNY GATTON
BUDDY GUY
MERLE HAGGARD
JIMI HENDRIX
BUDDY HOLLY
JAMES JAMERSON
WAYLON JENNINGS
BUCK OWENS
JACO PASTORIUS
TOMMY TEDESCO
MUDDY WATERS
CLARENCE WHITE

tericee Posted - 05/05/2002 : 02:59:08 AM
quote:

"I've never been to a show of his, and I've heard the stories, and he still scared the living shit out of me. At least with Marilyn Manson, Kiss, Alice Cooper etc. you know its an act. I think he actually thinks he's from another planet, and he seemed to have this deranged look in his eye the whole night. Aside from that the music was awesome, but he is one wierd dude. The bucket police hat tonight was a nice touch."

Where are you quotes from, Kevin?

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 10:19:31 PM
Yeah, I agree with you Silky. I don't doubt that there are lots of great guitarists that DO like them. I just happen not to favor their looks. No biggie...

I'm pretty sure you can add Jason Becker to that list...
And Yngwie Malmsteen...He's even got his own model....

-what-
Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/04/2002 : 10:12:08 PM
Oh god... looks wise you cannot compare a Strat or Tele to something like a LP custom or a PRS. I know for me, the ONLY electric I play is blues, so the SRV Strat is without a doubt what does it for me. If I ever get into any other kind of electric rock you can bet your sweet ass I'll go for a LP or a PRS Singlecut.
-J

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 10:07:25 PM
they have good tone, yes they can
be wonderfully sounding guitars in the right hands,
its the look and the appereance i didnt connect with.
not trash talkin 'em. lol

Silky The Pimp Posted - 05/04/2002 : 10:02:12 PM
Ah but you cannot deny... there is no better guitar on the planet with a better blues sound than a good ol' Strat. Also think of some of the great tones to come out of those guitars over the years from Gilmour, Clapton, SRV etc. Oh the SRV limited edition Stratocaster... it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
-J

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:36:10 PM
well thank god someone agrees, i
always disliked the apperance of the, just ugly to me
and i dislike "strat-style" body type's all together,
and "tele" bodies, ewwww. they made some good acoustics
at one time, a few good amps, but guitars, nah

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:33:51 PM
Most certianly not. I don't like Fenders at all. I can't really explain it. I just don't like the head with all the screws on one side, all slopey like that. I'm just not attracted to that. That and the fact that everyone and their grandma that's every touched a guitar owns a Tele or Strat...I dunno, I'm just not attracted to them. One reason I like the SG so much.

-what-
NeverKillADream Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:17:45 PM
wow, im not the only guitarist who dislikes fender..

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/04/2002 : 9:17:03 PM
Maybe after I see this Tele in action I can finally start to like Fenders.

Maybe.

-what-
KevinLesko Posted - 05/04/2002 : 7:16:44 PM
Is it new stuff he is playing with the TELE? Or has he modified a few TR3 songs to play on it? I'm looking forward to hearing it!

Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 07:07:28 AM
Tim did the encore tonite with the tele. He is loving it even without the Graphtechs. He said he adjusted the action and loves the way it sounds now. The encore tonite in Seattle blew me away. I think his work on the tele is some of my fave. He seems to go a little more nuts when he plays the tele. As for Jon having more TIMe come summer, I talked to him today and I am afraid he is going to summer school. He is so bummed. I wish him luck.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 05/03/2002 : 9:25:43 PM
Yeah... Tim with a tele... definitely something I want to see... always been a big tele fan

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
pcbTIM Posted - 05/03/2002 : 10:02:04 AM
I'm sure jsoldo will have more TIMe once summer starts......then everything will be updated.

Fluffy Posted - 05/03/2002 : 09:29:58 AM
The tele is a last minute addition that TR brought as a backup, but he has been digging the sound he has been getting from it and has ended up incorporating it into the set. I think he told me he is not to fond of it at the moment only because it doesn't have his fave Graphtechs on it yet. It does sound sweet. Don't worry, I have been taking LOADS of pics and hopefully, one day, JS will have TIMe to post them. I have a feeling most of you will see it in person before the photos get posted. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/01/2002 : 11:41:30 PM
Hey and I just noticed that on the electric set up page, TIM himself mentions a Les Paul Standard... So there's another one..

Damn. that's 11 so far.

-What-
pcbTIM Posted - 05/01/2002 : 11:14:45 PM
tsk tsk....you're falling behind in your old age.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/01/2002 : 10:26:47 PM
isn't it a les paul custom? or is this another of TIM's many guitars?

-What-
KevinLesko Posted - 05/01/2002 : 10:22:32 PM
"on sat night, TR played the 2nd show of his Chaos View Tour, solo electric. ticket sales were slow, and most of them were sold at the door. the audience was mainly college kids, not frat boys because most of the greeks were having their formals that night. anyways, the crowd was young & old, and typical. "i wonder if dave is gonna show up", "play stream". tim comes on stage in a british bobby hat (policeman hat), picks up the les paul standard, and starts jamming to the beat from the drum machine. song ends, crowd is shocked. "this is different" is the theme of the evening. he starts talking, which was hularious... then switches to the ibanez. more of the same. song 3 was off petroglyph. then he grabs the gibson sg, and starts singing. yes, tim was singing. couple more songs, the crowd meanwhile, realizing no stream, is a little restless, but focused. then he starts playing the keys, and the gibson sg at the same time, freakin awesome. i was amazed, and really upset that i had to leave early, missed the last :20.

*he also had a fender telecaster on stage, but didnt use it when i was there..."

NeverKillADream Posted - 05/01/2002 : 10:20:19 PM
Maybe, just maybe, he is.....

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000