Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Ask TR? Do NOT post unless you read first!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 01/11/2006 : 10:28:06 PM
Hello, everyone. AHAHAHA. Anyway, I will attending and taping the March 1,2, and 3 TR shows (Wilkes-Barre, Zoo York, and Teaneck) for subsequent DVD release. As a DVD extra, I would like to get an interview with Tim, audio or video, I don't care, to address some questions I; and we, as a forum, have for Tim. I'd like to have it prepared by the second week of February to submit it to Fluffy and make sure the idea is even feasible, but I'd rather go to him with more, rather than less.

Anyway, I'd like to get some questions from us as a forum to take to Tim; I will be presenting mine to the thread by February. So please, DO NOT post anything ridiculous, or a series of "tech-head" questions, as I won't ask them, and if I did I am sure Tim would get bored quickly. Thank you all, hopefully this will pan out and be in all of our interests!

Jared.
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 03/26/2006 : 11:39:20 AM
Kev, sorry for the late response, but no, I didn't, save a few personal questions I asked him about a few songs. Now that Fluffy and the gang are familiar with me, I'll try and snag Tim for an interview next time he is in my area. So if anyone else thinks of anything, post it up.
KevinLesko Posted - 03/12/2006 : 5:27:21 PM
Jared, did you get a chance to ask TR any of these questions?
JoeGamo05 Posted - 02/23/2006 : 10:55:39 AM
do you ever read jazz standers, and if so, when improving how do you approach ALT chords such as 7(alt) chords... also, ware there any particular chord voicings you are really fond of :)
Arthen Posted - 01/28/2006 : 1:59:09 PM
Will we ever get to hear Sexual Healing, Do You Wanna Thrill Me?, or Trippin' On You ever again?
jsemon2 Posted - 01/27/2006 : 6:14:11 PM
why dont you play a song were you sing at d&t shows? blow the peoples minds!!!
Arthen Posted - 01/27/2006 : 5:58:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

UH, yeah, how the hell do you play guitar so damn good?

Aliens!!!
Jay Posted - 01/27/2006 : 4:41:40 PM
UH, yeah, how the hell do you play guitar so damn good?

No but really, I was always curious, Did he know when he started playing guitar that he'd be doing it professionally? I mean, Leo Kottke said that he knew, and Kelly Joe Phelps said he knew, as well...Was it the same for TR?
sciphish Posted - 01/26/2006 : 10:16:25 PM
I second batstones question, even though its techie-ish, I would really love to hear him go into detail what works best for him.
My question(s):

As you were an aspiring musician, what kind of challenges or struggles did you face? what nuances of your music bothered you as you advanced? How were the crowds when you first started? Lastly, what is your opinion of the music scene presently and, in your opinion, where do you think its headed?

Well I think thats it. I know they're kinda stupid, but if even one gets in, then it'd be worth it.
Batstone Posted - 01/25/2006 : 10:02:45 PM
ask tim this... how he approaches song writing.. insturmental i mean.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/25/2006 : 4:37:53 PM
I had a realization today, that I just realized would make a great question for Tim.

The realization: Hardly anything off Light Up Ahead is ever played live (except for the song "Light up Ahead" which was just used as an intro to "Backdoor". There are some kick-ass songs on there like "Going Too", "Comin' After You", "On the Beam", and "Signs" that I'd love to hear live.

The Question: Why are these songs never played? and is there any chance of hearing them in the future, either re-worked as acoustic pieces, or with the Pagan Underdogs?
rubylith Posted - 01/23/2006 : 7:51:06 PM
Somehow I just posted as Hopeful Rolling Waves...that is mine above....lol
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 01/23/2006 : 7:45:57 PM
*EDIT
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/23/2006 : 7:06:53 PM
Favorite Neil Young album and song.
Arthen Posted - 01/22/2006 : 8:33:23 PM
What are some of his favorite songs to play? I mean of his own catalogue.

What are some of his favorite movies? We've all seen his book list, but movies reveal a lot too.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/22/2006 : 4:25:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

I thought we might see a little more enthusiasm on this thread, whatever...

:) I would add something, but I am horrible around people I think are important. Every question that comes to my mind, I realize that it's incredibly stupid and feel stupid for even thinking it. So I've got nothing.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 01/22/2006 : 4:14:52 PM
I thought we might see a little more enthusiasm on this thread, whatever...
Erich Posted - 01/15/2006 : 5:33:17 PM
Oh! a question I want to ask, most definatly. What are the names of the songs Eura sings on NM and CV? also, whats the name of the hidden track on Light Up Ahead?

Danke!
guitarisPIMP Posted - 01/15/2006 : 2:36:22 PM
I nearly pee my pants every time I play Hermetic Dew Drops in winamp and a DFX plug-in. I just might have to wear diapers for a while if GoTN in surround-sound 5.1 came out.
Arthen Posted - 01/13/2006 : 03:05:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

For example, is there any chance of putting out some older albums in SACD, or 5.1? Imagine Gossip of the Neurons in surround sound!!!????

Only in my wildest dreams! Holy shit. The thought of Hermetic Dew Drops in 5.1 just gave me chills.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/12/2006 : 10:44:52 PM
Well, being the audiophile that I am, my question is about the prospect of re-issues. For example, is there any chance of putting out some older albums in SACD, or 5.1? Imagine Gossip of the Neurons in surround sound!!!???? Similarly any chance of mastered versions of ID or Petroglyph coming out? (I remember Fluffy hinting at this a while back)

Arthen, good call... I'd love to know if there is the possibility of another TR3 tour w/ Houston & Johnny. I loved that stuff!!!
Arthen Posted - 01/12/2006 : 4:37:00 PM
Wow, great question there Erich, about Tim's songs I mean. Gets to what's been on my mind too.

Well, here's one question I have, I'm sure you might have it to HRW. Tim, what's your favorite Genesis song? What's your favorite Peter Gabriel song?

Will there be a TR3 style of tour again with other musicians on bass and drums, or will you stick to the Invisible Pagan Underdog style?

I might post a few more when I think of some better questions.
Erich Posted - 01/12/2006 : 4:06:59 PM
My questions:

When are you going on tour with Dave again? What did you think of the new DMB album? Will you be on any upcoming DMB/D+T/D+F releases? Can you talk about Dave for a while while I masturbate?

kidding of course. though his opinion of SU(cks) would be kind of interesting to hear

My honest question though, that Im always on because Im always interested in "new old" stuff:

As an artist, Tim is always pushing himself forward, and always doing new exciting things with his music... but what about some of the older songs that were played that never appeared on any album? Will we ever get a chance to hear them on a solid recording? Songs like Tree of Life, Drunk Roadrunner, Dark Spirit, Danger / Doom (which I have a feeling may be on the new album, but its worth asking regardless), Continue, the New G / New D type songs we hear now and again, sampler songs like the amazing Congo -> Bass samples, Slipknot, Turtle Balls, Duck Demans Or Die, Pathetic, Transportable, Afro Shit, and Im sure the countless others about which we just dont know? As I said, Tim is always pushing forward, so songs that are in the past may be things he wants to keep there as just a snapshot of that period in his career, but it would still be great to have a (maybe free, ala ID? not greedy, just saying since its not an indication of his current works...) recording to hear these ideas, many of which were amazing.

And a simple question, too. Is there anyone new (or old and recently discovered) that Tim is listening to thats influencing a different direction in his music? Is there any direction he's curious about experimentation with that isnt similar to the other deviations hes made in the past? Full on heavy metal? Acoustic folk vocal album? full blown Techno?

If you ask these, I love you long time! If not, its still a cool idea, so good luck with all that, and i'll see you in NYC and maybe another one :)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 01/12/2006 : 3:47:26 PM
Post on, Arthen, and keep an eye on your mailbox...
Arthen Posted - 01/11/2006 : 11:43:56 PM
Would you like us to post our questions here or wait until you come up with your list in Feb?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000