Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Rejected takes, random recordings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guitarisPIMP Posted - 07/24/2005 : 10:54:31 PM
I've heard somewhere that the 10-31-92 set on the archive, a well well-regarded set by most people on this board, is actually a soundcheck for a show that took place later. This is intriguing to me because I find I always play much more inspiring and soulful music when I'm alone, or when it really doesn't matter how well I'm playing.

So this leads me to believe that that played a factor into the quality of the playing on the 10-31-92 set, and I was wondering if there are any other recordings like this one where Tim is playing not in front of an audience.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 07/25/2005 : 10:31:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

I have some old Bob Marley recordings of him playing some songs solo acoustic in his bedroom and they rock my world.

The Yvette tapes or whatever they are called? I have a disc of him just playing solo on guitar and it's pretty hip.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 07/25/2005 : 12:04:32 PM
Yeah I figured that no one would offer me any recordings of soundchecks like that, but I'm hoping for old practice recording, rejected studio takes (even a rejected studio take from TR would probvably be brilliant, unless he really fucked up), something like that.

I have some old Bob Marley recordings of him playing some songs solo acoustic in his bedroom and they rock my world.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/24/2005 : 11:20:23 PM
From the soundchecks I've heard, it's not really like you describe in that it is more inspiring and or soulful... He's merely trying to get the equipment set up right (I know you know that, I'm just saying it's really nothing more...). He usually doesn't play whole songs in soundchecks, and he's usually talking with Fluffy or the soundguy to get it right.

Based on this, I doubt 10-31-92 is a soundcheck. Fine if it is, I just doubt it. I know of no other recordings like this, except probably the things recorded at TR's house, of which there are a number of recordings (at least in video).

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000