Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 does anyone know?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pigmonster Posted - 08/31/2004 : 04:24:36 AM
anybody know if tim has or had a jazz band or played solo jazz?
if so who was it and where can i find some of it>
thanx
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 09/01/2004 : 03:35:16 AM
Hey pigmonster, welcome aBOARD!!! I will provide you a link to a past thread that should answer at least part of your question:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1079

ENJOY!!!!
Zachmozach Posted - 08/31/2004 : 11:19:51 PM
I think I had some of the songs from the shifting currents album although that was a while ago and that CD is long gone. Definitely some more jazz oriented stuff.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/31/2004 : 9:55:13 PM
Pigmonster: TR3's 1991 release Shifting Currents is quite Jazzy in nature. I would classify it as world fusion jazz, although Tim's guitar playing is most definately Jazzy throughout the album. Unfortunately, it is out of print, but I have a hard copy, and Erich has a digital copy, so if you would like to hear it, it is out there. I think Erich was even working on getting the out of print stuff up on the FTP, and or archive.

Also, as Arhen mentioned, Tim has also done a lot of work in the Avant Guard genre. I'd put Offering, and Sticks and Stones in that category.
Arthen Posted - 08/31/2004 : 3:33:46 PM
The stuff he has done with Offering is the closest thing I can think of. That's more ambient though.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/31/2004 : 1:23:17 PM
Can you first define jazz for us? No but I don't think I'm probably the most qualified to answer this but I believe Tim used to play some jazz gigs a while back. As for solo jazz just listen to smile. Tim is one of these guys that has really experimented with lots of different styles of music and I'm pretty sure he even had a period where he listened to nothing but jazz. So I'm pretty sure he played stuff more within the jazz idiom at that time as well. Some other people should be able to tell you more.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000