Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 I Suppose Ignorance Is Bliss

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/15/2004 : 10:05:36 PM
I found this sad post over at dmbtabs.com:

http://www.dmbtabs.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7596&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Everyone should take a minute to go there and vote for option 2. You'll have to register first, but these ass clowns don't know what they're talking about.

Adam
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 08/16/2004 : 1:29:14 PM
tim reynolds would not be as well known if he hadn't collabrated with dave matthews and his band very often. there is no room for argument there. however, tim reynolds would be a king among guitar playing men everywhere. and ultimately, that's all that matters.
Arthen Posted - 08/16/2004 : 03:58:53 AM
Erich and Guitarguy, I agree with you both.

DMB has no affect upon Tim's music, only his fame, which Tim doesn't give two shits about.
Erich Posted - 08/16/2004 : 01:02:45 AM
Tim would still be a musician and still be known for his talent, even if not to the same extent as now. Look at two great examples, me and Kevin Lesko. I can say we're two really big tim fans (im not comparing myself nor stating im a bigger fan than anyone else), but I learnt of tim through dave while Kev learnt of tim through TR3.

So while Tim would not be touring the country the way he is now, at least I dont think he would, he would NOT be "selling insurance" or doing anything other than making aweome music and being humble enough not to mind where he is.

Now, as for the poll... yes, many DMB fans are ignorant. But that doesnt mean theyre wrong on the poll. Well, actualy, i think they are wrong for saying that tims success was due to the "songwriting talent" of Dave, when thats a severly subjective comment. The truth is, Tim would not be as successful as he is today if it werent for the SUCCESS of Dave and DMB. You cant argue that one.

On top of that, the success tim got through DMB and Dave allowed him to be more of his own musician and allowed him avenues of creativity that I humbly believe he wouldnt have access to as a local unknown. I think his success allowed him to grow as a musician, which speaks volumes to his character as it is usualy the oposite that happens.

I wont vote in the poll, as honestly, I neither want to subject myself to the dmbtabs forum and I dont want to justify an argument over there with my opinion.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/15/2004 : 11:48:22 PM
I will also admit that the only reason I am here today to worship Tim is that I was fortunate enough to hear him way back when on a Dave Matthews CD.

The thing that irks me about that thread is that they act like Tim would be selling insurance in Charlottesville if it weren't for Dave. I'm sure he would still be successful, he just wouldn't have the DMB connection going on, which would also be good for concert goers such as us.

Besides, success is something that is subjective. DMBs success is abnormal for a band, to reach nationwide/worldwide airplay, album sales, and sold out concerts. Success for some bands is defined as much less than a song on the Billboard top 100. I'd be happy with a few regular weekly gigs in my area at this point.

I just get irritated at the ignorance on the DMB pages. It was mentioned on that thread that Tim is not that famous. Big deal, fame is not something Tim strives for, and he doesn't want to be in the limelight. Just because they don't see Tim in the same guitar mag or US Weekly as Dave, the assume that Tim is a nobody going nowhere.

They ignore the fact that at every D & T show, Tim makes Dave look like a 2nd year guitar student trying to keep up.

Adam
Arthen Posted - 08/15/2004 : 10:47:21 PM
As much as I hate to agree with anything that is related to a DMB Message Board, there is some truth in that statement. I came to know Tim's music through his tours with Dave. Granted, I find Tim to be far superior to DMB, but the road to him was through DMB related music.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000