Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 tim drink?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jorgy Posted - 08/06/2004 : 10:08:03 PM
just another topic for speculation. but I always plays slightly better with a drink or two. Nothing more than that. does the board think he ever drinks before playing?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 08/07/2004 : 2:20:07 PM
TR does not drink alcohol before he goes onstage. For that matter, he doesn't really drink alcohol. LOL He is quite the coffee man though. He does drink coffee before he goes on, actually he drinks coffee all day, he and Tim (c)Rew. I have "once on in blue moon" seen him have a glass of wine at a party but as he tells me, and like me, since he drinks so little a tiny amount has quite an effect on him which he doesn't particularly like. A little buzz is nice but we get pretty drunk off what most people would call a small amount of alcohol. Guess you could call us "cheap dates" LOL. I do remember once in Jackson Hole WY after a gig there TR did do a shot with me, (c)Rew and the staff of the venue. I don't remember the occasion, but it so surprised me that I made sure to get pictures.

http://www.timreynolds.com/photographs/gallery.asp?categoryid=212

I don't remember definitely what we had but I think TR had a shot of whiskey like Tim (c)Rew(Rew almost exclusively prefers Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Wild Turkey) and I almost definitely had a shot of Irish Mist since it is one of the few things I can choke down. The others being SoCo, good Vodka and Tequila, I have never had one of those "BAD TEQUILA INCIDENTS" that you hear everyone else talk about, prolly because I RARELY drink and when I do I drink very little. Just not a huge fan of it myself. So it was most likely Irish Mist for me, although they may have made me do a shot of whiskey with them, I just don't remember for sure. Must have been the alcohol. LOL (c)Rew is quite excited as Chico, CA is the home of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Steve at the club informed me that occasionally the head of the corporation often stops by for a show so maybe Mr. (c)Rew will get to shake the hand of the man responsible for his beer of choice. As far as TR goes, aside from the shot in WY I can only remember 2 other occasions of alcohol touching his lips in my tenure with him and those were glasses of wine and one glass can really throw him for a loop.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/07/2004 : 1:26:07 PM
I don't know about drinking but in an interview I read once he said that he would smoke some weed. I don't think it really matters what he does before he goes on because to me it's about what he does while he's on stage and that's fucking amazing.
JoeGamo05 Posted - 08/07/2004 : 12:50:42 PM
just thought of this, and i can't find a way to edit it, but if TR does have a favorite drink, i bet it's the one with an umbreala in it in a cocanut lol
JoeGamo05 Posted - 08/07/2004 : 12:49:41 PM
playing drunk dosn't help me at all lol, dunno about a drink or two, but does tim ever drink? maybe he has his own favorite lol
dan p. Posted - 08/07/2004 : 12:20:55 AM
"on playing drunk" was an aside. i understand that's what he said, that's why i believe i said "it would be fathomable, i guess."
j Posted - 08/07/2004 : 12:09:18 AM
I believe he said a drink or two, which for most people isn't drunk. Personally, a drink or two helps me relax while still being able to concentrate.
dan p. Posted - 08/06/2004 : 10:27:30 PM
you can't execute everything as flawlessly as he does unless you're 100 percent cold sober. i mean, it would be fathomable, i guess, but somehow i don't see it happening.

on playing drunk: i know a lot of people who tell me that they play better drunk, and they're wrong. i've drank once in my entire life and i played guitar and recorded it. it wasn't good. have a few drinks and record yourself. oh, you think it's great when you're playing it because guess what, you're fucking drunk. then the next day, listen to it. i hate how a lot of people who play get good and wasted before they do because they think it makes them play better. if you want to play a little better, practice a little more.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000