Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Enity and Kundalini

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Offspring Posted - 08/01/2004 : 03:02:46 AM
I was messing around the other day and I recorded enity and kundalini bonfire but tweaked them a little. . . . lol . . . I was using a crappy mic so if it sounds bad sorry.

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/dave_tim/index.html

I recorded them using audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

please post and tell me what you think. . .
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Macht Posted - 08/02/2004 : 7:48:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

quote:
As for kundalini. . . lol. . .There are so many ways of playing kundalini. . . .I kinda did the main riff thing then played whatever i felt like.

LOL!! That's the same way TR plays it!!

which is why Tim's songs are great. I have two versions of Kundalini Bonfire that I wouldn't have known where the same song had the titles of the song been gone :P

but i mean, you'll do something very good with a song, and totally forget what you did with it the next day..
Fluffy Posted - 08/02/2004 : 7:21:12 PM
quote:
As for kundalini. . . lol. . .There are so many ways of playing kundalini. . . .I kinda did the main riff thing then played whatever i felt like.

LOL!! That's the same way TR plays it!!
Offspring Posted - 08/02/2004 : 4:49:10 PM
What I mean is that for people that suck ( like me) it is hard to play a song like kundalini perfect in one shot. . . So you record in segments and then "connect them" . . . I know I should do that but hey I suck. . . lol

for the record thoses two recordings are horrible and I am a better guitar player than that lol
Macht Posted - 08/02/2004 : 11:59:52 AM
great, i feel like a jerk now for what i posted :P
guitarted Posted - 08/02/2004 : 11:25:38 AM
Not too bad. VERY VERY quiet though

I couldn't hear kundalini.

Entity sounded alright though, the loop was a little loud and it definetly was a different 4 notes from what Tim uses.

Thank you for having rhythm though, that most important even if you fuck up left right and center.

I can't stand covers that lose the rhythm
Arthen Posted - 08/02/2004 : 12:44:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Offspring:

With Kundalini it is hard to record cause you have to do it in on try.

There is not a lot of room to connect multiple tracks...

I don't understand what you mean by "connect[ing] multiple tracks". Shouldn't it just be the one?
Offspring Posted - 08/01/2004 : 9:26:27 PM
Posted - 08/01/2004 : 9:10:31 PM
Not bad on either of them. The Entity one had a loud loop that wasn't quite flowing. Definitely a different tone on Entity with the swells but that's not to say it was bad either. I see you stayed away from the fast tremelo picking on Kundalini bonfire where he goes up to like the 12th fret and well then he goes off and goes everywhere. Still I like Kundalini better than Entity. Enitity just draws you in with the loop and allows Tim to do all the swells that are just so pretty. You're loop didn't draw me in. I think you pretty much got Kundalini down though.
The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble, too. So while you point your fingers someone else is judgin' you. Love your brother man.-Bob Marley

I just started experimenting with this program. . . I still have a couple of kinks to work out. . . .

Posted - 08/01/2004 : 8:32:16 PM i need to get a mic to record my Kundalini Bonfire.

it was alright, i kinda was expecting more oomph in it. I mean, i didn't really feel it. good otherwise .

With kundalini it is hard to record cause you have to do it in one try.

There is not a lot of room to connect multiple tracks. . .

Oh well ..... Im still learning

Thanks alot.

~God Bless~
Zachmozach Posted - 08/01/2004 : 9:10:31 PM
Not bad on either of them. The Entity one had a loud loop that wasn't quite flowing. Definitely a different tone on Entity with the swells but that's not to say it was bad either. I see you stayed away from the fast tremelo picking on Kundalini bonfire where he goes up to like the 12th fret and well then he goes off and goes everywhere. Still I like Kundalini better than Entity. Enitity just draws you in with the loop and allows Tim to do all the swells that are just so pretty. You're loop didn't draw me in. I think you pretty much got Kundalini down though.
Macht Posted - 08/01/2004 : 8:32:16 PM
i need to get a mic to record my Kundalini Bonfire.

it was alright, i kinda was expecting more oomph in it. I mean, i didn't really feel it. good otherwise

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000