Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Ben Lomond, CA Henflings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Robin Posted - 07/20/2004 : 7:47:53 PM
Hi, I'm completely new to Tim Reynolds music, and I live really close to Ben Lomond. It's a really small venue and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you. I'm really exited about seeing music that's new to me. Peace, Robin
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 07/21/2004 : 6:30:52 PM

quote:
so fluffy, are the shows going to be primarily acoustic for this tour, or were you merely speaking about this specific venue? just curious, thanks.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5043
mattc Posted - 07/21/2004 : 5:56:48 PM
so fluffy, are the shows going to be primarily acoustic for this tour, or were you merely speaking about this specific venue? just curious, thanks.
Fluffy Posted - 07/21/2004 : 2:28:23 PM
To prepare yourself for the akuzedik show, you may want to start with Nomadic Wavelength, See Into Your Soul or even Stream, these are all akuzedik CD's and you are most likely to hear songs from these CD's in Ben Lomond. I don't know if how computer savy you are, but there are alot of shows available for download on the net and folks here at the board are great at recommending particularly phenomenal shows. Erich always has great input on matters like this and might be a good place to start if you have the ability to download shows from the internet. Otherwise, the three I recommend above will be good preparation for the Ben Lomond show.

quote:
All these places with "Ben" (My name) in them, it's like a sign that I have to try to get to them all!

Beeennn!!!(in very spooky voice)TR TouR is calling to UUUUUUU!!!!!(followed by spooky laugh)
Arthen Posted - 07/21/2004 : 2:22:31 PM
Go get yourself a copy of Gossip of the Neurons. I need to buy another one actually. And/Or Chaos View.

Just get them all.
Robin Posted - 07/21/2004 : 12:27:25 PM
Thanks for such a warm welcome to the board. I'm really so exited about seeing Tim play, And Fluffy, thanks for the positive words about Ben Lomomd,tiny town, tiny venue, great place to catch live performances because it's so intimate.I can hardly wait! In the meantime I welcome any suggestions for Tim's music. Right now all I have is "Sanctuary"
Peace, Robin
Arthen Posted - 07/21/2004 : 04:39:03 AM
All these places with "Ben" (My name) in them, it's like a sign that I have to try to get to them all!
Fluffy Posted - 07/21/2004 : 03:17:26 AM
Hey Robin, welcome aBOARD!!! Looking forward to seeing you again in wonderful Ben Lomond. For those of you who don't know but are close to Ben Lomond, MAKE THE TRIP! I played this venue with Chris Whitley on his past solo tour(where I met Robin and turned her on to TR, actually that may have happened in SF when she came up for the Whitley show up there. anyway...)and the place is cozy. Prolly the smallest venue you will ever have the chance to see TR at(outside of the Hot Springs date in Utah a few years back)and it's a great vibe there. It's like you are practically sitting onstage with the performer. Very intimate. I equated it to the closest thing to having Chris perform in your basement den. LOL By the way, they had great food there as well so bring an appetite as well. As far as recording, they don't have much of a sound system at all because it is so small so I think recording would be best suited to room mikes. I am not sure you could even patch into their tiny board. I also love the town of Ben Lomond as well. It reminds me alot of another wonderful place I discovered on a TR TouR, Benbow CA. Aside from the lousy video of TR's performance in Benbow I have nothing but fond memories of Benbow and also of Ben Lomond. Kewl place, kewl venue, make the trip if you can. See ya there Robin!!!

PS the new date I just added in Winters is also very kewl. Not nearly the same vibe to the town as Ben Lomond but a wonderful venue for acoustic music. I actually thought to myself this would be a great room for TR to play solo akuzedik. I was there with CW also and the room wasn't so good for him playing thru his amp. Should be great for TR. Also well worth the trip from SF. It is quite close to Sacramento. Ben Lomond is in the Santa Cruz area.
Arthen Posted - 07/21/2004 : 02:36:59 AM
Welcome aBOARD! Hope you like the concert and that you stick around the board.

Another one for the TR Task Force!
Erich Posted - 07/20/2004 : 7:49:26 PM
you will NOT be dissapointed. its also great to see new faces and prospected fans around :)

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000