Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Name that tune!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 06/24/2004 : 12:55:20 PM
Tim played a song last night and the name is escaping me (which is driving me nuts). There's this sequence of harmonics in the middle that's absolutely insane, they're all over the fretboard and he plays them very quickly, never once accidentally muting them. Obviously Tim uses harmonics in a fair number of songs...but this one is distinct.

I think he did the harmonics cycle 2-3 times during the song. It's only about a 5-10 second segment, and the harmonics are up the neck a bit (may have been natural i.e. 5th, 7th and 12th fret) but I couldn't see from where I was standing. Anyone know what song I'm talking about? I probably couldn't be more vague if I tried, but someone out there might know. I keep thinking that the name begins with an A, or even the word "A" but it's slipping me.

Thanks,
~James
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitarted Posted - 06/24/2004 : 4:44:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lindalu

I couldn't think of that one at the time when I was trying to write the setlist down.Last night when I wrote it, I concluded it must be Hermedic Dewdrops from that "dripping" type sound- oops-wrong. Was that the song that afterwards he commented that there must be angels among us?

I've heard him saying this a few times

I think he dedicates Is Anybody Here to the angels
Another time i heard him ask "Are there any angels out there tonight?" before playing the song

maybe that has something to do with being alone and wanting to know if there really is a Divine presence out there looking over you
thus:
IS ANYBODY HERE?

that's just my take on it
Lindalu Posted - 06/24/2004 : 3:21:02 PM
I couldn't think of that one at the time when I was trying to write the setlist down.Last night when I wrote it, I concluded it must be Hermedic Dewdrops from that "dripping" type sound- oops-wrong. Was that the song that afterwards he commented that there must be angels among us?
CPPJames Posted - 06/24/2004 : 1:38:20 PM
Well done. I couldn't think of the name of that song to save my life. Thank you kindly, now I can stop beating myself up over it.
Macht Posted - 06/24/2004 : 1:16:59 PM
How embarrasing.. I'll just.. delete my previous post...
guitarted Posted - 06/24/2004 : 1:15:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I think you are thinking of: "Is Anybody Here?"

that's what I was thinking, but it seemed to obvious
but that does sound like what he's talkign about

There's a good tab of it on the this site
Arthen Posted - 06/24/2004 : 1:13:41 PM
I think you are thinking of: "Is Anybody Here?"

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000