Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Kucinich fundraiser concert on web

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lindalu Posted - 12/30/2003 : 8:57:24 PM
According to an e-mail I recieved, the concert (fundraiser) that Tim's performing at on 1/3, with Willie Nelson, will be shown live on the web (www.kucinich.us) at 8pm central time! Thought I'd pass it on.
Linda
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 01/06/2004 : 2:21:15 PM
First of all I never heard of this Jamcruise stuff before and now as always I'm extremely jelous of you Fluffy. It sounds awesome! The second cruise looks sweet as well. Just be careful driving so fast when you're tired cause I wouldn't want this to be the last fluffy adventure I read.
PJK Posted - 01/06/2004 : 11:09:24 AM
Fluffy, I am sooo glad to hear you made the drive safely. Have a great TIMe on the cruise! It sounds awesome and I expect to hear another "Fluffy adventure story" when you get back!

I can't wait to get my old life back, even though compared to yours it lacks excitement. These days my life is filled with physical therapy and radiation treatments. I saw my radiation doctor yesterday, 20 treatments to go. I already have some burns and blisters which I thought wasn't supposed to happen, but was told, yes it does and it will get worse! (I have special cream for it but I don't think its doing much.) She told me I can probably return to work 2-4 weeks after my last radiation treatment, which brings me to the middle or end of Feb. I can't wait! This truly has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/06/2004 : 03:13:01 AM
Oh, that is great news, I noticed one North CA date on the list, but I also noticed a large gap around that date, so I was hoping there would be some southern CA dates. You bet your ass I'll be there as long as I'm still breathing. I still can't wait to hear WEED, and now it looks like there is a new blues cd coming out as well. I'm looking forward to it already!
Fluffy Posted - 01/06/2004 : 02:57:12 AM
Thanx Kev!! I meant it as a joke, but as we have all learned, sometimes the HARD way, it is hard to convey sarcasm in the typed form.

And so ya know, the CW solo WarCrimeBlues Tour starts on Jan 28th and I hope to be in your area Kev, mid-March. I hope you can make it.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/06/2004 : 02:54:24 AM
Fluffy said:
quote:
I doubt anyone cares, but I did make my second long drive safely,

Shut your mouth! You know damn well we worry about you all the time! Thanks for keeping us updated. Have a blast on the boat!!!
Fluffy Posted - 01/06/2004 : 02:15:27 AM
I doubt anyone cares, but I did make my second long drive safely, I left Austin on the 4th at 3pm EST and arrived in Ft Lauderdale at 1pm on the 5th. I am now getting ready to retire for the evening as tomorrow I board a cruise ship for the next 8 days in a working capacity for the 1st ever JamCruise. You can check www.JamCruise.com for more info, should be a hoot, but I think the job will be worth all the long hours of lonely driving. It really wasn't as bad as I make it out LOL. I really enjoyed 99% of it. It always sucks when you are on a deadline though. Racing against TIMe and boy do I mean racing. Eventually I am going to work out my drive time vs the number of hours and figure out my average speed. Actually I can probably do that right now. WDC to Austin 1534 miles, mapquest says 24 hours 16 mins. I did it in 21 hours which would make my average speed 73.047mph. Keep in mind for my drive TIMe that also includes gas/piss stops of which there were 6 averaging probably about 15 mins each(conservatively) which makes my actual drive TIMe 19.5 hours which brings my average speed up to 78.666mph. Austin to Ft Lauderdale 1384 miles, mapquest says 22hours 11mins. I did it in 22 hours which includes 6 gas/piss stops(1 1/2 hours) and a 2 hour break at Best Buy to stretch and get my head together for the rest of the drive. That brings me down to roughly 18.5 hours of drive TIMe for a average speed of 74.810mph. WOW, I know that can't be right, so I have to assume my gas breaks were longer than I am estimating because I know that my speedometer hovered between 80-85 for MOST of the trip, in fact for the last 4 hours it spent most of it's TIMe at around 90mph. Boy do I love to drive fast. It also helps to keep you awake and attentive. You can't drive at that speed without paying attention with everyone else driving considerably slower than you. hehe Anyway, it was great to see I had it in me to conquer such an endurance test. I basically got up on Dec 31st 03 at noon, worked at the club on New Years Eve and left for Austin at 3am on New Years Eve, got to Austin 36 hours after getting out of bed, got a little sleep and posted about the WEBCAST and the next morning picked up Tim and Diane at the Airport, straight to the Kucinich Reception, back to the hotel, slept a bit, then off to the Peace Rally in the Morning which lasted till we had to show up at the Austin Music Hall for the press conference and show. Next morning, the 4th, I took TR and Diane back to the airport and then headed for Ft. Lauderdale arriving today, the 5th, around 1pm in the afternoon. I leave early tomorrow morning for JamCruise. I will be back on the 15th or 16th. Until then, PEACE!!!!!

PS:I don't have to DRIVE the ship LOL so for the next few days no more driving. But when I get back I gotta drive back to DC by myself and thats another 1050 mile/17 hour drive. I wonder how fast I can do that one. It will be alot harder since most of that trip is on 95N which is alot more dangerous for speeding. I may have to take it easy LOL. Should be alot of fun either way and should be alot easier after 8 days on a cruise ship to the Bahamas and back. When it is all said and done it will have been 3968 miles in less than 3 days by myself. PHEW!!!!!
PJK Posted - 01/03/2004 : 10:48:23 PM
Just be safe while you are pushing those limits, Fluffy. If I had your cell phone # and knew the times that would be hardest for you to stay awake, I would call you every once in a while like I did for Teri.

May you have a happy, safe trip and avoid the ABC's.....accidents, breakdowns, and cops!
Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2004 : 7:49:22 PM
Welcome aBOARD Jess!!! I actually meant ERICH when I mentioned someone capturing it for the less fortunate, like ERICH, because he is in Mexico. Everyone keep in mind, I now have a set TIMe for TR, 8:05pm CST. Don't be late!!! ENJOY!!!!

PS:Hey PJK, when I have more TIMe, I will post what I have to do tomorrow, let's just say, it's another 22 hour drive by myself. LOL Oh how I love to push the limits.
Jess Posted - 01/03/2004 : 1:31:16 PM
Thanks for welcoming me!

I'm sure TIM will impress, as always, and I'll have an awesome review when I get home!
PJK Posted - 01/03/2004 : 1:13:10 PM
First, Jess, did anyone welcome you to the board? If not consider yourself welcomed! Have a great TIMe at the concert and be sure to post a review for the rest of us.

Fluffy
quote:
I was driving to Austin.(25 hour drive in 21 hours straight, by myself, UGGHHH!)

I see you are still pushing the limits! LOL Have a great TIMe at the concert! I hope this trip includes some TIMe with your parents as well. My best to you always!

(((((((Kucinich))))))) Positive vibes for a successful fundraiser! It ain't over yet! Let the voice of the people be heard!

((((((((TIM))))))))Thanks for doing something to make changes for all of us! If he gets on the ballot he has my vote, not because you indorse him, but because I feel he is the best choice for a better country.
Jess Posted - 01/03/2004 : 12:06:59 PM
there are threads up on Nancies and Ants about the cast now... still no luck finding anyone to record it...

I'm sooo excited about tonight, though!
Jess Posted - 01/02/2004 : 11:45:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Hopefully someone will be able to capture this for later viewing by folks who won't get to see it(ie:Erich).

Erich's in Mexico right now... :(

...but I'll see if I can get someone on Ants to record it (I would, but I'll be at the show! :D )
Fluffy Posted - 01/02/2004 : 3:45:45 PM
THANX Lindalu!! I just found out last nite while I was driving to Austin.(25 hour drive in 21 hours straight, by myself, UGGHHH!) I posted a message to the email list first thing this morning and wanted to post it here but found I was beaten to the punch. Anyway, it should be good news for all that cannot make the show. I still have no idea about performance schedules, but it maybe be worth watching the whole thing as TR may guest with other artists as well as performing solo. Hopefully someone will be able to capture this for later viewing by folks who won't get to see it(ie:Erich).
KevinLesko Posted - 01/01/2004 : 7:13:02 PM
I think I have to work that night does anyone plan on capturing the video or audio of the webcast?
Zachmozach Posted - 12/31/2003 : 2:38:22 PM
Thanks!
KevinLesko Posted - 12/31/2003 : 02:48:06 AM
Thank you sooooooo much for posting this information!! I had no idea, and now I can't wait to see the perfermance.
PJK Posted - 12/30/2003 : 11:40:03 PM
Thanks Lindalu!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000