Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim Reynolds 9-17-03 Hard Rock, PA DVD BnP for 10

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Martin Posted - 11/09/2003 : 08:56:57 AM
OK, the Tim Reynolds show I taped is complete and I am offering it up for the first 10 that respons here. Now for the fine print: You must follow the directions in www.mcnichol.com/bnp exactly no exceptions. This means among other things, no reused mailers, no metered postage, return mailers addressed, no loose stamps, and a note with what I am burning for you along with your email address. These terms are non negotiable, if you dont follow them for whatever reason I will send your discs back blank. I can burn either format, but will not burn Memorex, generic (unbranded don't care what you think they are, meaning if they have a white or silver top), Hypermedia, or any other non name brand junk disc. I prefer Maxell, Verbatim, TDK, Fuji, and Apple. Again these terms are not negotiable, I dont want to hear stories about how great they work and how you never had probs. Now for the good part, for the first ten to post here you get this single DVD BnP. You must post your name and email address. Sorry for these strict guidelines, but you would be surprised what I have to put up with in doing BnPs of late. Here is the text file:

Tim Reynolds
Hard Rock Café
Pittsburgh, PA
9/17/03

Taper: cjmartin315
Source: Sharp Mini DV->Firewire->Premiere->AVI->TMPenc->Encore
Audio: Camcorder Audio
Conversion: cjmartin315

Tracklisting:
Flourescence
Stranger in a Strained Land
Radio Sonic Synthesis
Soul Love (1)
Impermanence
Offspring->
Big Blast of Hot Air
Do It Yourself
Dreaming
From This World
They’re Coming Soon
Backdoor
Uncover the Reason
Indoctrinate
Industrial
Time to Go
Face Off
After the Goldrush-> (2)
Ohio (2)
Excerpt from “Earth Ascending” (3)
Red Rain (4)

(1) David Bowie Cover
(2) CSNY/Neil Young Cover
(3) Book by Jose Arguellas
(4) Peter Gabriel Cover

Notes: This was the first show I recorded, and my camcorder wasn’t the best. The lighting was poor and some pixilation is evident when there is significant movement. The house CD burner was broken so a really good audio recording doesn’t exist. The venue was really small (300 people or so) and Tim’s ability was really impressive. Thanks to Erich for the help tracking this, and to Ethan and his work for motivating me to give it a shot.

Thanks
Jay
cjmartin315@cs.com

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bustoff Posted - 11/11/2003 : 12:06:04 AM
Hey Jay, I didn't know you were from Weston, I'm from Morgantown!

I could easily drive the 45 minutes down and let you copy mine hehe. But i'll be sending you my blank very shortly. Lemme know if you come up in this area sometime.
Jay Martin Posted - 11/10/2003 : 9:59:14 PM
Genome,

You need to email me since your email address came back as undeliverable.

Jay
cjmartin315@cs.com
Jay Martin Posted - 11/10/2003 : 9:45:29 PM
I will let everyone above here in, hopefully those with DVD burners will keep it spreading. I will get emails off tonite.

Later
Jay
cjmartin315@cs.com
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/10/2003 : 2:12:04 PM
Smitty... if you would like to help spread the show, why don't you take "my" spot (I think I was #10?), get the show... and then maybe I'll just send you a disk to do a b&p afterwards. Does that sound ok?
smitty Posted - 11/10/2003 : 12:02:10 PM
well, i think i missed it, but i was at the show and would love a copy. i also have a DVD burner and could pass it along.

thanks
mike
smittym89@yahoo.com
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/10/2003 : 09:02:04 AM
jiff1229@hotmail.com

Thanks for doing this!
DMBFanSJ Posted - 11/10/2003 : 03:43:02 AM
I would LOVE a copy

Didn't count them so not sure if you already have 10, but if not please count me in!

chrisibm@hotmail.com
Sachyaam Posted - 11/10/2003 : 01:46:24 AM
svaishnav@juno.com

Id love to get a copy. Thanks.
Dalin Posted - 11/10/2003 : 01:16:28 AM
Hope I can still get in on this.

Dalin Pulsipher
stanowy@hotmail.com

Thanks for the offer!!!
Bustoff Posted - 11/10/2003 : 12:09:56 AM
I shoulda thought of that when i posted earlier

mine is jkr@mailcity.com
Jay Martin Posted - 11/09/2003 : 10:06:41 PM
Guys, please post your email addresses, that way I can copy and paste them into and email, and email everyone at once. If your email isnt there, then I have to do it individually through the website.

Thanks
Jay
DaRavyn Posted - 11/09/2003 : 9:27:01 PM
I am so in on that count me in
genome Posted - 11/09/2003 : 5:11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Martin

Here is why I care. I will take me 20+ minutes to burn each of your discs. I want the time I invest to be worthwhile to both of us, me to be able to spread what I did and for you to enjoy it. I have a Sony multiformat burner and I know it does not like certain types of discs. I also know that based on numerous compatibility studies (with DVDrs and home DVD players) that the brands I cite have the best playback success ratings. Given that, why would I have you invest in a new mailer, return postage, sending postage and a envelope to me along with a DVD blank only to burn you a coaster which then you have to resend another or you dont have the show. I guess I shouldnt care, but it seems frutiless for people to waste their money.

If you want to send generics I will try to burn them, but I can say that the probability of success will be low.

Thanks
Jay

i can respect that

makes sense
Erich Posted - 11/09/2003 : 4:15:36 PM
im in

Erichwanh@yahoo.com

thanks . Now i just need to purchase a few DVD blanks.

And i wouldnt be surprised at what you have to go through, Ive dealt with my fair share as well.
Howboutye Posted - 11/09/2003 : 4:01:02 PM
Count me in.
Tyler Ellis
itsgoodbigdog@yahoo.com
Bustoff Posted - 11/09/2003 : 1:04:46 PM
I'm definitely down with that.

Count me IN, i was at that show and i'd love to see it again.

I totally understand about the rules, i'm not gonna complain one bit.

Thanks a million
Jay Martin Posted - 11/09/2003 : 12:25:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by genome

if the discs are ours and are coming back to us what do you care what brand they are?

i understand all the guidelines and i can respect that but why care what brand?

if we want to use a generic and it messes up on you, just put it in the garbage can and tell us it didn't work

it's not like it will mess up your burner or anything.

sorry i just don't understand.

Here is why I care. I will take me 20+ minutes to burn each of your discs. I want the time I invest to be worthwhile to both of us, me to be able to spread what I did and for you to enjoy it. I have a Sony multiformat burner and I know it does not like certain types of discs. I also know that based on numerous compatibility studies (with DVDrs and home DVD players) that the brands I cite have the best playback success ratings. Given that, why would I have you invest in a new mailer, return postage, sending postage and a envelope to me along with a DVD blank only to burn you a coaster which then you have to resend another or you dont have the show. I guess I shouldnt care, but it seems frutiless for people to waste their money.

If you want to send generics I will try to burn them, but I can say that the probability of success will be low.

Thanks
Jay
KevinLesko Posted - 11/09/2003 : 10:18:15 AM
hey, I can handle a little dictatorship if it means I get a TR DVD out of following the rules, count me in! Thanks.

klesko@uci.edu
genome Posted - 11/09/2003 : 09:55:10 AM
if the discs are ours and are coming back to us what do you care what brand they are?

i understand all the guidelines and i can respect that but why care what brand?

if we want to use a generic and it messes up on you, just put it in the garbage can and tell us it didn't work

it's not like it will mess up your burner or anything.

sorry i just don't understand.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000