Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Mike Sokolowski on TR @ Radio City Music Hall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 08/22/2003 : 11:56:39 AM
As you may have gathered from recent posts, I have been in touch with Mike "Soko" Sokolowski and in one of our email correspondence he shared something with me that I thought would be nice to share with the board. With his many years of knowing and working with TR his perspective and impressions of TR are of particular interest to me since he probably sees TR in a whole different way than I might. Although after reading them I think he impresses Mike just as much as he impresses me. I found his thoughts on the RCMH show quite revealing in his admiration for TR. What follows is a quote from Mike:

"Anyway, Tim did a couple of solo pieces and it really made me proud, because here was this magnificent, challenging and beautiful guitar playing that I've know for 20 years (sounding very much like Monday nights @ Millers) finally getting projected into an amazing, packed room like RCMH and hugely received. Back in the day I used to wonder if Tim would ever receive the recognition he deserves (I mean, when we used to hang out a lot he was the poorest guy I've ever known. Absolutely NO money.) By the time he got to the second solo piece late into the show (maybe Kundalini?), he was completely uncorked and burning. Brought the house down. Standing O -- the energy level in the hall was higher than all the Dave stuff that preceeded it. I was SO happy for him."

While on the subject of Mike, another Greg Howard and TRelated project you all may be familiar with, The Offering, well Mike is planning on releasing the only recent perfomance of The Offering: Live at the Knitting Factory NYC. I have it from a good source(Mike Sokolowski)that the recording has been completely remastered by Greg Howard and it sounds far and away better than the previous versions that have floated around. Both Greg and Mike have told me how happy they are with how the remastered version came out and they are quite excited for it's impending release. Mike tells me he will be releasing it under his new banner, "Breezeway Archives" and it should have a "friendly pricetag".

Mike is presently working on a project with Houston Ross(bass player with TR in TR3 and Puke Matrix) under his regular banner, SOKO and assures me more info on this will be coming soon. For now, I will end this, a quote about the new "SOKO" project from Mike himself:

"Houston and I are burning on the new Soko album. We've got tons of material -- and it's a real departure for us. Never been this psyched about a project before."

That ought to peak your interest, I know it did mine!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 08/27/2003 : 3:07:24 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I was at the show at the Knitting Factory in NYC and it was a brilliant performance by all involved. I can't wait to hear the remastered version of it. Can you say "EXCITED"? VERY!!!!
Miss Sorrel Posted - 08/27/2003 : 09:33:14 AM
haha... this is a great thread! I feel so enlightened... Fluffy, great to read... Erich, thanks for the tunes, they are wonderful... and Pam, that'll be the next cd I buy as soon as my pay check comes in!
Arthen Posted - 08/26/2003 : 02:30:05 AM
Yeah, in general, this post ruled. It's like so many different good things rolled into one thread. Music downloads, good thoughts about Tim, and news about a new CD!
PJK Posted - 08/26/2003 : 01:01:17 AM
Thanks so much for posting this Fluffy. As you know Michael is my very favorite musican and perhaps the most enlightening and inspiring person I have ever known.

For those of you who are new, check out the cd Common Margins. It is a Michael and Tim experience you won't soon forget. It stirs my soul every time I listen to it which is quite often. Michael knows how to make a piano sing! In fact it is probably time I get a new copy for myself.

I am so excited to hear his new material! Houston Ross too, is amazing! To hear more of that sweet Soko sound sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it!
KevinLesko Posted - 08/25/2003 : 2:26:41 PM
This is an awesome post all around... Very cool to hear Michael's thoughts on TR. I'm also EXTREMELY excited about the new SOKO project and the official release of the Offering show.

Erich, thanks also for posting those solos... I hadn't heard them, and the sounds and performances are outstanding.
Erich Posted - 08/22/2003 : 12:59:05 PM
thats awsome fluffy, thanks. for those that want to hear what tims solos sounded like that night:

(Imperminance) http://www.erichwithanh.com/tim/downloads/mp3/d+t2003-03-22d2t03.mp3

(Kundalini Bon Jovi) http://www.erichwithanh.com/tim/downloads/mp3/d+t2003-03-22d3t03.mp3

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000