Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 The song that clinched it for you...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 08/15/2003 : 8:30:32 PM
I'm not really sure if this has been done before, and I tried searching but maybe I missed it, anyways...

What was the Tim song that sealed the deal for you? By that I mean, the song that made you want to hear more.

I remember I had downloaded a D&T show and of course "Tim Solo 1" was there, cause that's all they were named. I listened to it and was blown away. I mean, I'd already bought Stream, but the one song made me go out and buy See Into Your Soul, and when I listened to Rheginos and the Resurrection I literally shat myself, because that was the one song that I had been listening to the whole time. After that it was Gossip of the Neurons, then Sancturary, then Nomadic, then Astral Projection, then Puke Matrix, then Sticks and Stones: Transmigration, and then finally Chaos View. So that's my story.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ralph U Puke Posted - 08/18/2003 : 11:20:31 PM
Seeing TR live clinched it for me. The first time I really took notice of TR was on the DMB Live at Red Rocks CD. I could tell by the couple solos he did on that album he was a force to be reckoned with. It was at the second TR3 gig I witnesses that I was actually able to buy a few of his CDs. "Sanctuary” and “Light Up Ahead” were the two he had for sale and I bought both. I have bought everything he has done ever since, not to mention that I’ll drive for hours to check him out live. “Signs” on ‘Light Up Ahead’ was the first tune that I played over and over. The riff was so infectious.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/18/2003 : 02:02:32 AM
Acoustically, it was definatley Protoplasm Pulsar Spasm that hooked me, I couldn't comprehend all that sound coming out of one guitar. As for electric, I assume it was Tim's solos on watchtower, crush... ect during the 98 DMB tour that originally amazed me with TR. That led to me buying Puke Matrix Tour Live (my first TR cd), and every song on there was amazing to me.
Erich Posted - 08/17/2003 : 4:39:49 PM
fluffy posted my thread, so im going to reiterate it. stream got me to check tim out, Open Up and Let It In clinched it and is still my favourite.
Fluffy Posted - 08/17/2003 : 4:23:29 PM
An old thread on a similar vein:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1582
thomasode Posted - 08/16/2003 : 8:36:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

PS: it was "BACKDOOR" for me!!!

me too!!! also Flouresence
Arthen Posted - 08/16/2003 : 12:36:12 PM
Gratze.

Man! That was a long time ago. 2 years, holy cow.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 08/16/2003 : 11:40:51 AM
Hearing the Wayfarer on SIYS made me want to hear more. Seeing Letting Go on the old HOB video broadcast ( remember the old FTP?) clinched it for me.
Fluffy Posted - 08/16/2003 : 04:27:15 AM
Hey Arthen, it doesn't exactly discuss "which song" got people into TR, but it does discuss HOW people discovered TR:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=78

Hope this helps!!! There is definitely some interesting reading in there.

PS: it was "BACKDOOR" for me!!!
Arthen Posted - 08/15/2003 : 11:09:59 PM
I love Protoplasm Pulsar Spasm!
Zachmozach Posted - 08/15/2003 : 10:08:15 PM
I'd actually only heard stream from live at Luther and then my brother noticed that Tim would soon be playing in the area and I rushed to get tickets but before the show I downloaded about twenty songs but the show was what really sealed the deal so to speak. I about shat myself plenty of times. The song of his that I really dug that I downloaded though was one that he introduced as protoplasm pulsar spasm. My friend and I got really high one night and I was showing him some Tim and that song came on. Holy shit I about had a spasm myself. The strobe light might have had some effect. Seriously though I was moving almost uncrontrollably it was freaking awesome. That's when I really went into a get high and listen to Tim phase.
Jay Posted - 08/15/2003 : 9:59:44 PM
I'd say Feeling Doors, cause that was the first TR song besides Stream that I heard.
PJK Posted - 08/15/2003 : 9:36:09 PM
The entire Common Margins CD! My two favorite musicians, its one of my very favorite CD's.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/15/2003 : 9:21:15 PM
mine are the typical ones..

The Watchtower solo from red rocks, and stream from live at luther college. The cd "astral projections" is what really got me pumped about tim tho.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000