Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Anyone want to buy Tims old Ibanez jp 20

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/14/2003 : 8:00:15 PM
I bought this guitar from Tim in the early 90's and it has served me very well. Im considering selling it. This is the guitar tim used to record "shifting currents" and probably almost all the fusion era tr3 bootlegs youve heard.
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/28/2003 : 12:24:56 AM
One nit picky item about fluffys post, the guitar that the jp20 is modeled after was Joe Pass's D'angelico. He didnt want to continue using it on the road so he had ibanez make a copy of it for him. A D'Angelico of any sort will cost from 15 to 50 grand. Im sure that joe pass's D'Angelico would cost more like 200 grand. Archtops are expensive.
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/26/2003 : 11:25:03 PM
the guitar is in my hands right now, ive still got it
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/23/2003 : 10:07:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Cool Fluffy thanks for the confirmation from the horse's mouth.

who you calling a horse?
Arthen Posted - 08/22/2003 : 1:57:54 PM
Cool Fluffy thanks for the confirmation from the horse's mouth.
{=HTG=} Posted - 08/21/2003 : 8:56:55 PM
Flaming Moe anyone?
Fluffy Posted - 08/21/2003 : 6:53:37 PM
I don't even know if this is still available, but I spoke with TR and he says it was definitely his guitar. He did indeed put the pickup in it himself and he says it is a wonderful guitar to play. He called it a "feedback monster"! Apparently due to the hollow body, you can just make it feedback forever. He had alot of fun sitting around in his living room just making it feedback. He says it is modeled after a Joe Pass guitar that retailed for like 6-8 grand which he obviously could not afford, but he says it was a wonderful substitute. He says the price is probably reasonable for now, but at the TIMe he sold it it wasn't so old(obviously). His main impetus for selling it was wanting to get a LesPaul. He took the guitar to a shop to see how much they would give him in trade toward a LesPaul but he ended up selling it outright for pretty much the same thing the guitar shop offered him at the TIMe. TR says its more of a jazz oriented guitar, but that it can ROCK!, but it obviously isn't a LesPaul. So there ya go.
Arthen Posted - 08/16/2003 : 5:22:01 PM
I would buy a guitar like that in general if I had the money.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/16/2003 : 2:01:46 PM
If i was a guitarist, and had the money...i would buy that in a heartbeat!!

If tim was a bass player, and that was a semi-hollowbody bass...the check would be in the mail!!
Arthen Posted - 08/16/2003 : 02:47:34 AM

I think it should look like that. If it is the Ibanez JP 20.
genome Posted - 08/16/2003 : 12:39:24 AM
it is roughly 1500 dollars.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/15/2003 : 11:10:41 PM
i'm too lazy to email you...but how much is it, roughly?
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/15/2003 : 10:46:16 PM
Unfortunetly, no it dosent have any powers,at least none that i have been able to tap into.Man I used to watch Tim play this thing nearly every weekend, for yrs Me and a few of my friends would see him every time he played within 3 hrs of us, which was alot back then, he hardly ever left the state of virginia.He would launch into hendrix type solos doing whole step bends minor third bends on this guitar(not normally done on a jazz box)he had 13s or 14s on it, it was unreal. The next tune might be "cool day in may" and he would break out some totally bad benson licks, then some funk, maybe "I got the feelin" *sigh*, those were the days.Dont get me wrong, Ive seen tim recently, and no matter what he plays he is able to communicate like very few players ive ever seen,but as far as shear guitar hero stuff goes, in almost any genre, that old tr3 band was the shit. But im rambling again, to answer your question no magic but much mojo
Zachmozach Posted - 08/15/2003 : 10:10:46 PM
Does the guitar have any magical powers which might let me play like Tim?
PJK Posted - 08/15/2003 : 9:39:13 PM
Awesome! I can't buy it but I would love to see pictures of it! BTW thanks for the email and I hope it goes to the one who rightfully deserves it!
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/15/2003 : 3:57:21 PM
soon, let me get my scanner working and ill try to put some up this weekend
{=HTG=} Posted - 08/15/2003 : 3:42:15 PM
I'd like to see this guitar, any pics?
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/15/2003 : 11:42:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:
Originally posted by PJK

try emailing him for the price as he stated above

Thanks for that.

and then post the price listed here.

No, tim does not post here.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 08/15/2003 : 09:57:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Thanks for that.
PJK Posted - 08/15/2003 : 09:30:50 AM
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 08/15/2003 : 08:00:54 AM
how. much.
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/15/2003 : 01:30:43 AM
No takers?? im shocked ..this is a sweet and rare guitar. I banez discontinued it in the early 90's. 16 inch body, spruce top, maple back and sides, 25 1/2" scale, 1 11/16" at the nut, ebony fingerboard, ebony bridge, ebony tailpiece, bartolini pickup(installed by tim, he may still have the original). Its in very good shape.
Mark Gibson Posted - 08/14/2003 : 9:17:29 PM
Email me for price. Does tim ever post on here?, he could vouch for the authenticity of this guitar
Arthen Posted - 08/14/2003 : 9:08:11 PM
Hmmm...
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 08/14/2003 : 8:53:12 PM
how much?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000