Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 TIM at Danbury, CT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 07/19/2003 : 8:01:29 PM
Odometer before trip: 72, 302
Odometer now: 73,016

Yes indeed, and TIM was worth every mile. After seeing two mind-blowing shows in Cambridge, MA, me and my road trip buddies Matt and Jim (non-boarders) started off for Danbury, CT. We accidentally took a wrong exit and went through Rhode Island, and my oh my, what a bland piece of earth that was. We finally reached CT and found the Colorady brewery. By this point, I had not shaved in days and this combined with ten hours of driving, I was lookin about thirty years older than necessary. I went inside the bathroom on the restaurant and proceeded to take care of business with the other Matt's electric shaver ( Why he had it with him in the car... I don't know.. and will not ask questions...).
The opening band was a local one that warmed the crowd up a bit... then the bodies started pouring in faster than we could count. We managed to get front row to yet another spectacular show. It amazes me how TIM can play three shows and repeat only about 5 or 6 songs. For me, Loose Interpretations capped off a run of jazzy tunes that had the entire crowd buzzing ( he actually played noticably faster than the previous night). The highlight of the night, however, was when after TR left the stage, a fan attempted to run up adn grab something from his pedal board ( probably a pick), and Rew reached down and DENIED him. This guy almost received a face full of spiked bracelet. It was sweet to see Rew lay down the law.
After some enjoyable crowd-watching ( Who woulda thought that CT had so much to look at?), Fluffy introduced me to some other board members and we chilled in the back for a while. Then Rew came and said " You... you six... come with me." When a guy is wearing all black leather with spikes around his arms, you listen. Especially when he is taking you to see TIM. As always, our heroic guitar meistro was friendly to all of us, happy to sign flyers and talk. As much as the owner of the brewery was eager to get us out of there, TR stayed and made sure we got to talk and make good memories. Fluffy was his usual cool self, and said he would post the setlist from the show when they got back. I can't wait til the tour dates in September.
Everybody else at the show, I met you but I don't know your board names. come and reveal yourselves! ( no no, not like THAT! you sickos!). hee hee. A great trip.
-Matt
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 07/21/2003 : 6:46:46 PM
Thanks for posting the great review, like I said in the HOB post, reading a great review is the next best thing to being there.
Fooltothink55 Posted - 07/19/2003 : 8:27:49 PM
Sorry about putting my pictures in a different thread...I didnt see this one.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 07/19/2003 : 8:21:53 PM
This looks like the setlist from FoolToThink55's picture:

Stranger
And Then..
As Far
---
Space Ghost
Entity
Century Sister
Hopeful
Segovia II
Is Anybody Here?