Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 HOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SeanDMB_Tim Posted - 07/17/2003 : 11:57:38 PM
I just got back from the House of Blues concert in Boston. A few things I learned this evening:

1) Eura does a "kick" thing when she gets excited, and now Tim does.
2) The House of Blues concert set-up is amazing! I was 10 feet away from Tim for the whole show!!
3) Fluffy is the nicest person in the world!

I met Tim tonight, my first show EVER of his. As the HOB people tried to "shoe" me outta there, Fluffy came down the stairs and motioned for me to go up and hang out with him, Tim, and the other Tim. It was my girlfriend Jackie's first concert EVER!!! Tim seemed to be very flattered and shocked at thisfact, and we started a long convo about all of our first shows. He signed a pic I picked out of him that Fluffly took way back in 2001, one that I found on this site...wow, it kicks major bumbum. So, we were the only ones who got to hangout with him after the 8:00 show, and it was amazing. Those guys are the coolest to just be around. I am really very tired, so I will post the setlist that fluffy GAVE ME...YEAH< THATS RIGHT, the on TIM HIMSELF wrote up!!!!!!!! As requested by my new friend Fluffy, I will post a review probably on Sunday or Monday.

Florissant Mo
No Other Words
Metamorphosis
---
One Zone Layer
Offspring
Impermanance
Segovia 1
Syrs/Some Love
Wayfarer
---
Toy a Little
Timeless
Doom
---
Silence of the Candle
Decline in Reason
Blast Radar
---
Segovia 2

Look for the picture of me and Jackie and Tim coming soon in the photo section, as Fluffy took the picture to be posted on this site evntually.

...more on this later
-Sean
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
retardedmonkey Posted - 07/22/2003 : 01:33:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

quote:
Originally posted by retardedmonkey

I was standing a little bit to the right of the stage right in the front. The man, I'm assuming part of Tim's crew, was taking pictures right to the right of me.

That was probably Fluffy. He takes photos while (c)Rew works the stage.

Hey, thanks. I actually realized that when I finally saw a picture of him on the site here. Had I known I would have definitely said hi! Good to know for the future thoug. :)
SeanDMB_Tim Posted - 07/21/2003 : 8:03:41 PM
-Sean
SeanDMB_Tim Posted - 07/21/2003 : 8:02:09 PM
Hey all....I am back from my weekend adventure in Cape Cod. I just re-read what I wrote to open this topic, and I realized that I don't have a whole lot more to say. I said I'd have some sort of review of the show, but it having been my first Tim experience ('cept the D&T show) I have nothing in the world to base it on. I have never been so close to an idol before, I mean he almost stepped on my feet for crying out loud (as he entered the front of the room to hop up on the stage), and I have never been in the presence of live music like that, and I have never been so happy as to see my Girlfriend's face light up at exactly the right times. Sharing this moment with her, and therefore having two dreams simultaneously come true made for one of the best nights I can remember. I jokingly swore I would never see a concert again after D&T, because of the small size, and the wonderful music, but now I seriously swear that my standards for concerts have been raised exremely high, and I guess thats a good thing. Maybe I can save some money now!

Thanks for everything Fluffly, you made for a really special evening, and thanks to Tim for being so hospitable and personable in the attic of HOB, despite his being tuckered out. I appologize to Tim, also for the annoying and drunk shouters and talkers in the back of the room, because I had the nerve to not throw nerve gas back there. It was an amazing sight to turn around, as both Jackie and I did numerous times, to see the people in the front not talking, not shouting, not drinking, not whistling, not moving, and not doing anything but watch every single movement Tim made. It was a special time. I'll never forget any of it. Thanks again Fluffy!

-Sean
KevinLesko Posted - 07/21/2003 : 6:45:39 PM
Thanks to everyone for posting the awesome reviews, pictures, movie clips, setlists, ect. Having the TR task force to report a show is the next best thing to going to one yourself. Also, it was just great to hear that the first two shows were sellouts. Always good news for the TR camp.
tericee Posted - 07/21/2003 : 3:24:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by retardedmonkey

I was standing a little bit to the right of the stage right in the front. The man, I'm assuming part of Tim's crew, was taking pictures right to the right of me.

That was probably Fluffy. He takes photos while (c)Rew works the stage.
thomasode Posted - 07/21/2003 : 12:52:25 PM
Hey Fluffy, I know that the first CO show was not recorded, but what about the other ones. do you have the DAT's or any converted to CD's or somethin? how bout the set lists, I still wanna see some of the songs he played at the other shows. no worries if ya dont.

btw glad to ahve ya back
Arthen Posted - 07/21/2003 : 01:31:15 AM
I declare this post shall have no "Flamin Moe".

I greatly look forward to hearing those shows! And more video clips! Huzzah!
Erich Posted - 07/21/2003 : 01:18:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

PS:Yes Erich, both shows were recorded by the soundman and I have the DAT's in my possession and will transfer them to CD as soon as I can and will get them going around for all. And Erich, where were you? I though you were coming tonite, maybe I will see you tomorrow nite. Danbury is much closer to NYC than Boston. I hope, I hope. Jon Soldo may make an appearance tomorrow as well. I am going to call him and tell him he really should make the effort after what I witnessed tonite, he will be sorry he missed it.

My aunt is actualy 20 minutes from Danbury, and had I the chance I wouldve come that night, no doubt in my mind. Due to circumstance though, I couldnt, seeing as my grandmother was getting an emergency blood transfusion . I got to go to a party instead which was nice (my grandmother was with my mom and aunt the whole time, and they said it was ok that i wasnt there), but had it been any other circumstance i wouldve been the first one there. you'll see me this year, promise. and its fantastic that they got recordings, thank you for that
Erich Posted - 07/19/2003 : 11:47:54 PM
he... played... smi...le

JemezFoodPeople Posted - 07/19/2003 : 6:08:26 PM
Just got back to Delaware after seeing TIM three times.. woohooo. The House of Blues rocked our teeth out. Fluffy, in his infinite divinity, put me and my two buddies on the guest list for the sold-out second show (for which we didn't have tickets).
Tim was a little bit late on stage for the shows, so there were some restless members of the crowd. Most of the disrespectful ones were near the back. We managed to hold our spaces at the front of the stage ( though I had to keep getting out of the way of the bar waitress). TIM was on fire, not even repeating a single song from the first show to the second. Speaking of songs, here's the setlist ( Straight from the hands of Rew - a new hero)

Ambient Nose
Hopeful Hairspray
Chatterbox
Dark Spirit
---
Turn it Into Love
Feeling Dorks
Ass Far As We Can See
---
Monkey Pox X-Files...Mint Flavored
Smile
Rheginose
Courante
Loose Enterpulator
---
Rubato: Stream
And Then...
Stranger
Kundalini Rice (Nuclear) Pickle Fucker

TIM actually played Stranger in a Strained land earlier in the set than is stated.. and yes.. that IS Stream... on a TWELVE string. What a madman. The three dashes separate songs done by 6- and 12-string guitars. Dark Spirit is a new song ( to me at least) that is really creepy. it seems reminiscient of Is Anybody Here? and Dissident.
Fluffy cleared us to stick around after the set, even though everybody was being cleared out of the room. He beckoned us upstairs, where we got to say hi to TIM and have our picture taken with him and Rew. We came back down the stairs and the security peopel were liek "how did they get up there!?" Fun times. I didn't meet up with any other board people ( I knew you were there, Sean, but I didn't know what you looked like). but it was still good to meet new tim fans. Of course we had to adopt the Boston accent...
"So, eh, does he do a lot of tunes with da gitahhh picks? oh yeah? git outta heeahh!"
The House of Blues rocks. awesome food, great atmosphere, and it's ion the heart of a totally chill area in Cambridge, MA. A great place to visit. Look for a review of the Danbury CT show soon!
-Matt
retardedmonkey Posted - 07/19/2003 : 1:09:02 PM
I got some vids also, one much better than the rest. I was shooting my camera from my backpack most of the show, so a lot of them are just blind clips (not too bad considering). Towards the end of the set I pulled the camera out and got a good one of Stream (where Kashmir is played). I'm not able to host, but I'll get them to Erich asap and anyone else who wants it. Get a hold of me.

IM: Retardedmonkey10
e-mail: brodie_kell@hotmail.com
aamodio Posted - 07/19/2003 : 03:53:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

get my email?

Gotten and replied to.
Erich Posted - 07/18/2003 : 6:11:00 PM
get my email?
aamodio Posted - 07/18/2003 : 5:48:59 PM
quote:

Oh man. What other songs did you get on video?

Hmm, well looking through the setlist I think they stopped me at the end of timeless but I can't be sure cause it's not a running tape and to be honest I "smoked so much weed I had the giggles". I got a few more of Wayfarer, Forissant Mo (I thought it was Flouresence?), a couple of him talking, and a bunch that I can't name right now. I heard a lot of songs I never had this show actually. I only really have about 10 shows.
Arthen Posted - 07/18/2003 : 4:15:39 PM
aamodio you are my hero!!!!!

Oh man. What other songs did you get on video?
Erich Posted - 07/18/2003 : 3:57:37 PM
hey! and yeah, hes done kashmir before, its great :)
retardedmonkey Posted - 07/18/2003 : 3:44:56 PM
Great show(s) last night! I sat at the bar in the HOB, drinking white russians, and watched the first set on the tv's they have set up. Unfortunately I only had a ticket to the 2nd set, although i was very pleased with the show (except for the crowd). I was standing a little bit to the right of the stage right in the front. The man, I'm assuming part of Tim's crew, was taking pictures right to the right of me. I wanted to say hi to Fluff, but I wasn't sure exactly who he was, lol. Next show I will make sure who to look for and who to say hi to. As a mention of covers, has Tim done the cover of Jimmy Page's "Kashmir" in the middle of stream efore? I was very excited to hear it. Anyhow, I had a great time and will see you at shows in the future. It's nice to have this one solo show under my belt! :) Thanks Tim and the crew for a geat time!

~Kellby
Erich Posted - 07/18/2003 : 3:36:53 PM
i'll be happy to host once my pics go back up.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/18/2003 : 2:50:52 PM
If you have AIM look for me and we can discuss hosting options.
aamodio Posted - 07/18/2003 : 2:16:43 PM
Nothing but smiles from me. I went to the first set and it was my first Tim solo show, and WOW! I too couldn't believe the setup at the HOB. I was 10' from him the whole time! The crowd further back was kind of rude though. I wish I could've hung out after too, man how sweet that would've been. Awesome performance Tim! Doom was especially great and No Other Words was a real treat since I've been learning that recently.

Hey Fluffy, I'd love to get copies of the show. I'm right in Boston and can send you CDs if need be.

Peace.

By the way, I managed to get some movie clips before the HOB a-holes told me to put my camera away. I got some amazing improv with a great view! All my pictures were blurry though, as I thought they'd be. I got about 100 mb worth of 30 second clips and I can put these on CD for anyone if you send me one, but unfortunately I can't host these anywhere. Can any of you? I've posted my favorite of them, part of Wayfarer: http://www.coe.neu.edu/~aamodio/tim/wayfarer.avi Save target.
Arthen Posted - 07/18/2003 : 1:08:34 PM
HOLY COW!

Offspring and Impermanence and Radar Contact! Huzzah! Man, this makes me all the more jealous. (Continues to cross fingers for a west coast tour date!)
thomasode Posted - 07/18/2003 : 11:30:38 AM
hey Fluffy when are ya gonna get the CO AcousDICK set lists up?
Fluffy Posted - 07/18/2003 : 05:29:14 AM
Hey PJK, GREAT to see you posting! I am guessing you survived surgery without incident and are quickly on the road to recovery. My prayers are with you. As for your comment about Segovia, the 2nd Segovia song at the end of the set did not get played, we ran out of TIMe and because of the 2nd show we had to stay on schedule. The Segovia trax are the much discussed classical pieces that TR performs. I asked him again if he remembered what they were and the answer was "NO" although he once met someone who knew what both pieces were when he played them. The are indeed classical pieces that TR learned from recordings of Segovia playing them. He has since forgotten what they were, only that Segovia played the versions he heard and learned. Just thought I'd throw another piece to the puzzle, but I don't think it is bringing us much closer to finding the titles. HEHE

PS: I still can't get TR to remember the name of the SADE track either. I should have him look at the CD when he is back at home. That should be an easy one compared to the Segovia mystery.
Fluffy Posted - 07/18/2003 : 05:22:50 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed them so much. Indeed the 2nd show crowd was a tad noiser than the 1st show and to my knowledge there were no screams of STREAM!!! at the 1st show, just at the second. Just so everyone knows, Stream was already on the setlist when TR started the 2nd show. As for You Are My Sanity, TR was having real problems tuning the 12 string for the 2nd set due to heat, humidity, and a strategically placed fan put there to keep him cool as the A/C over the stage wasn't working. Anyway, someone yelled YAMS at the moment TR began tuning the 12 string AGAIN and TR took the opportunity to switch back to the 6 string a song early. The setlist for the 2nd show should also be posted here quite soon as I had Rew give that one to Matt from the board and also made him promise to post it. I may have delayed that as I may have convinced Matt and his friends to join us in Danbury CT tomorrow nite. This may delay their return to Delaware and his posting the setlist for the 2nd show. As for the setlists, a bit of clarification, those setlists are in my handwriting, you will see photos of the TR originals posted in the photos and/or setlist section at some point. TR had a great TIMe but it took quite a toll on him doing 2 75 min sets in one evening. I have never seen him so exhausted after a performance than after the 2nd show. Matt will also be able to vouch for that one. The shows were both wonderful, but I think I perferred the 1st to the 2nd, mostly due to the behavior of some crowd members. All in all, they were both great and TR even broke out a few new covers that I hadn't heard him perform, one by John Abercrombie and one by Ralph Towner. I especially liked the Ralph Towner cover. If memory serves, they were both in the 2nd set. Suffice it to say, it was a great way to start off this run of shows, both shows SOLD OUT, in advance, and 2 completely different performances. BOY!!! What a great job I have. It was quite a pleasure meeting Sean and Jackie and great seeing Matt again. Thanx for making the drive all the way up to Boston, I hope it was worth it and I hope I see you tomorrow nite. It's late and I have to get up fairly early so I better get going if I want to get any sleep.

PS:Yes Erich, both shows were recorded by the soundman and I have the DAT's in my possession and will transfer them to CD as soon as I can and will get them going around for all. And Erich, where were you? I though you were coming tonite, maybe I will see you tomorrow nite. Danbury is much closer to NYC than Boston. I hope, I hope. Jon Soldo may make an appearance tomorrow as well. I am going to call him and tell him he really should make the effort after what I witnessed tonite, he will be sorry he missed it.
rgreen Posted - 07/18/2003 : 02:29:38 AM
I saw the second show at the HOB, very nice. Noisy at TIMes, but a pretty good audience overall. He actually played stream (which, after lurking on this board for a while, I had gathered that he no longer performed) and of course it really got the crowd going. Wasn't enough to prevent the some guys standing near me up against the stage to yell out #41, but hey, I guess he can't really ever win that battle. I have never really memorized many song titles of his so I can't help with a setlist, although he did end with a song called something something pickle fucker. Oh yeah, and you are my sanity was just before that, by request. He did that real jazzy uptempo number off of stream, and i think did quite a number of songs from nomadic wavelength.....wait....some song titles are coming back to me....smile...and then they were free?.....turn it into love....ugh thats all i can get out for the night...
PJK Posted - 07/18/2003 : 01:31:46 AM
WOW what an awesome show! I would have loved to have heard him play Segovia. What a great first show for your girlfriend! Only bad thing will be other shows living up to the standard TIM set. First shows are always special. Can't wait to see the pics. Thanks for posting. Can't wait for your review! Again, so happy for you! Glad you had a great TIMe.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000