Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 relatively new fan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/02/2003 : 1:09:29 PM
I first heard tim when i got live at luther college a few years ago and thought he was one of greatest guitarists i had ever heard. i hadnt really followed up and tim that much but with the new d&t tour i wanted to get a better knowledge of tims music. I got the 11-20-02 show of an e-tree and really loved the sound but was wondering what produced albums you recommend for a new tim fan to start a collection on.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 03/02/2003 : 5:04:34 PM
quote:
Now if the dvd comes I will be real happy! Hey Mason, did you mail any out yet?????

Pam, I very briefly got to ask Mason and he mentioned that they will mail out tomorrow (Monday the 3rd) and they are being sent priority so I'd imagine that we will have them on the 5th or 6th. (hopefully)
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/02/2003 : 4:10:13 PM
yea for the past couple of months i have been reading the posts just never joined
PJK Posted - 03/02/2003 : 3:53:33 PM
Hey Welcome Monkeyman 41! So you were a lurker were you??? So was I for quite some TIMe before I posted, hehe! Glad you decided to post! I just got Nomadic Wavelength the other day...don't know why it took me so long to pick it up. I have most everything else. Anyway I am sure you will like it!

Now if the dvd comes I will be real happy! Hey Mason, did you mail any out yet?????
monkeyman41 Posted - 03/02/2003 : 3:46:18 PM
thanks fluffy. I have been a lurker here on the boards a lot lately so I have a general idea whats going on and I am going to get a collection of tim because from the live discs i got i was really impressed and would like to become a bigger fan. I will probably start with nomadic wavelength and go from there
Fluffy Posted - 03/02/2003 : 2:52:15 PM
Welcome aBOARD monkeyman41!!!

Most recent:ChaosView

This CD is all Electric and recorded live at The Fox Theater in Boulder CO earlier this year. There is a planned DVD release which will feature a bonus track that is acoustic. This CD is TR with his virtual band The Pagan Underdogs. TR programmed all the bass and drum parts himself and also plays keys. Some tracks are instrumental and some have vocals. It runs the gambit for sounds. VOCALS

Nomadic Wavelength

His most recent ACOUSTIC release. Highly Recommend!! This is a studio recording.

See Into Your Soul

The acoustic CD prior to NW and is also a studio CD. On this one TR starts to dabble with the drum machine on some of the spacer tracks inbetween the acoustic songs. Great album as well.

ID & Petroglyph are CD's TR released as free downloads on the internet. They are both electric and are the beginnings of what became the ChaosView Tour and CD. ID is a double CD and Petroglyph a single disc. They were originally released on TR's FTP site which is down at the moment, but if you check the message boards at www.TimReynolds.com alot of folks there have them and are more than happy to B&P them for you. They are always happy to suggest which CD you should check out next.

If you are looking for something more like STREAM, I would suggest Nomadic or SIYS, they have the most in common with Stream. If you are looking to expand your TR selections to include some of his electric work, ChaosView is a great place to start. Also "Sanctuary" is another good place to start that might be a happy medium before jumping in full boar electric. Sanctuary is a double disc set that has some acoustic, some electric, some instrumental, some with vocals. TR played all the instruments on Sanctuary.

The other CD's currently available from TR are:

Gossip of the Neurons(Live acoustic recorded at Millers)
Astral Projection(Studio electric CD with Johnny Gilmore and Houston Ross) VOCALS
Live Puke Matrix(Live electric CD with JG and HR) VOCALS

Hope this helps. You can check out TimReynolds.com for more info on all TR releases. ENJOY

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000