Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 T&D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/24/2003 : 03:07:22 AM
Holy shit. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Hopefully our intrepid hero will get some more props from this tour than the previous ones.

Anywho, my gut reaction to this is:

More power to TIM. I'm sure the paycheck is gonna be fat (Radio City?!?! God knows how much money Dave's management banked on that one!) and if there is truth to the live album rumor...hello royalties. If anybody thinks this is a sell-out move...get bent...he's not playing on the Super Bowl Halftime Spectacular or anything...and lord knows if you were a struggling musician for a long TIMe you don't turn your back on easy money ("Travel in style? Stay in a Five Star hotel? Make serious bank? Twist my arm!)...that just seems to be common sense to me.

As bad as we may PRECIEVE this to be, I just don't think it's that big a deal. If nothing else, I think TIM stands to win over a new group of fans.

And last but not least...who's got my extra?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2003 : 3:59:08 PM
I love the sentiment of this thread!! It was indeed an opportunity, that as we know, rarely comes up. It is a small diversion for TR but certainly not a sell-out move. TR is helping out a friend and will be back to his lowly independent status in a few months doing exactly what he wants. By the way, he wants to do the D&T shows. You must remember that it is not his music being performed so there is no major shift for him in HIS musical direction, it is all about playing with an old friend. He may make a little money along the way but that will just help him in his solo endeavors so he will be able to continue to make music the way he wants and continue to have the freedom to stay true to himself. Have you ever helped taken a day off work and helped your friend move? It doesn't divert you from you goals and your career, you don't quit your job and become a mover, you help out a friend and then you go back to work and continue on your endeavors. It is in no way a sell out move. He has not given up on his music or his career, he has just taken a small detour for a short amount of TIMe. Tim always stays true to himself and as he has said on NUMEROUS occassions, if he got the opportunity to work with Dave again, he surely would. How is that selling out. It looks more to me like a man of his word. It didn't matter that he was in the middle of and ELECTRIC tour schedule, he took the TIMe to work with an old friend when he got the chance. Chances like that don't come up that often when your friend is as big as Dave. You got to take it when you can. It also goes along way to crushing those Dave and Tim hate each other rumors we are all so sick of hearing. I think it is a good thing. It is a brief tour so it shouldn't put TR career on hold for to long and everyone benefits. Fans, Dave and TR! How is that selling out?
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/24/2003 : 03:43:54 AM
There's always that thing in the back of your head that tells you Tim will do the unexpected, and I'm sure this is no different....chance to play with someone who he hasn't played with in a while, etc....you know there are always new twists to things with these two and no doubt Tim will find new places to take Dave's old songs and some fresh material with all Dave's recent stuff.

I also realized my intial post was laden with money-oriented agendas, etc...I don't mean to insinutae Tim would do something strictly for the papers...I just finished a long discussion with some friends of mine about money and all that shit, so it's kind of fresh on my mind... however, the notion of having a cash windfall does not escape me.

Hey Erich! You may remember me from such road trips as The Fire in Philly to the train station in Trenton.

Erich Posted - 01/24/2003 : 03:28:32 AM
i dont know the specifics, but my gut tells me dave called him up and said yo tim, lets do it, and tim was like, its on. with tims artistic freedom and pure devotion to the craft i cant see him doing anything like this for cash.
Baboonboy Posted - 01/24/2003 : 03:26:13 AM
I wonder... How much of Tim's decision if any was based on money? Or was it just a chance to play with his old buddy Dave again, even though the last tour the crowds were shitty....?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000