Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Another D+T rumor has begun...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baboonboy Posted - 12/22/2002 : 7:40:05 PM
Rumor (from anyoneseenthebridge.com) is that crew members at the MSG shows hinted that Tim would be joining Dave on his spring solo tour... Anyone care to squash this?

25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 01/15/2003 : 9:52:03 PM
I guess this thread has been taken over by the "rumor confirmed" threads.
CPPJames Posted - 01/15/2003 : 10:13:35 AM
I'm a huge Dave fan and I'm one of those that was introduced to Tim by Luther College, I'll admit. However, I completely respect Tim as a solo artist and I've seen him everytime I was able to. I was absolutely floored by his live shows and I have nothing but the utmost respect for him...especially the fact that he takes time out to meet with someone after the show and sign stuff.

That said, I also feel that criticizing anyone for liking something is just ridiculous. I love Dave and I love Tim...both together and separate. Liking Dave does not necessarily mean disliking Tim and vice versa. They're both solid artists in their own right.
Jamie M Posted - 01/07/2003 : 3:00:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

You are a GREAT speller. I'm so proud!

Haha, thank you!
tericee Posted - 01/06/2003 : 8:58:34 PM
quote:
Can you say HYPOCRITE?

You are a GREAT speller. I'm so proud!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/04/2003 : 11:26:09 PM
Tim is constantly pushing the musical envelope and exploring the realms of sonic possiblities. And bettering himself and anyone that listens to him.

The same can NOT be said about Dave Matthews or DMB.

And welcome DMBFAN_NO41, though I doubt we will see your post count climb past 1.

Adam
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/04/2003 : 02:14:48 AM
Ah, flaming moe.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/04/2003 : 02:12:43 AM
In 60 seconds this flaming moe is mine
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/03/2003 : 3:44:49 PM
HAHAAHAH, thqat whole fuck you all was kinda funny. It's so random when hardcore Dave fans read a couple lines of us joking about dave, and then take it seriously and post 1 angry message. So hilarious...I love Dave Matthews and the band, but dude, take a flippin' joke!
Jamie M Posted - 01/03/2003 : 2:43:41 PM
Hahaha, I love those posts, always give me a good laugh.
Gotta love this part:

quote:
Originally posted by DMBFAN_NO41
but you fans kill me by the way you talk bout other people you have no clue (even though thats what i am doin now)

Can you say HYPOCRITE?
smgallstars Posted - 01/03/2003 : 1:48:24 PM
Oh my god.
PJK Posted - 01/03/2003 : 06:50:31 AM
Just love the way you word things Erich! I could have saved a lot of time if I had just waited for you to respond! hehehe
Erich Posted - 01/03/2003 : 12:12:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DMBFAN_NO41

fuck all to those who doubt or dislike DMB .... u talk shit bout them ... and u will soon come to the realization that you, not us are the fools over here at the bridge.timmy is a bad-ass ... and he is one of the most talented guitarist that ive ever heard ... but you fans kill me by the way you talk bout other people you have no clue (even though thats what i am doin now) ... tim AND dave are talented , and when dave is with his band they are the best around .. THE BEST OF WHATS AROUND! ... when timmy is there, they r better .. but you fans talk bout dave like he is a piece of shit or something ... wake up , no one would ever know who tim reynolds is if it wasnt for D & T Live @ Luther ... he is awesome , but dave got him publicity , and you need to come to reality and accept that!

thank you , and dream bout the dreaming tree!

dude, what in the living fuck are you talking about? really, what the FUCK are you rambling about? I dont see anyone badmouthing dave. Wherever your pulling this from, put it back and leave it there. come back when youve got a grasp on reality, thank you.
PJK Posted - 01/02/2003 : 11:10:29 PM
Hey DMBFAN_NO41 first welcome! Can't believe I just said welcome to someone who just said "fuck me" but hey.

Here we go again....not everyone here doubts or dislikes DMB. Many of the regulars here are big DMB fans and have attended many of his concerts.I even went to one last summer with my daughter and had a great time although the sound sucked...not because of DMB but because of the venue it was at.

Yes Dave got Tim publicity but what most people including myself (and if you feel the need to say fuck you to me for this go ahead) object to is not recognizing Tim for his talents.....he is not an appendage of Dave in fact I only got into Tims music when I heard him on Offering! Don't assume every fan of Tims is a fan because of Dave Matthews!

To me Dave is Dave and while I liked his music I really don't see the growth there as I do with Tim and his music. I see nothing new coming out of Dave as far as style goes and quite honestly their music bores me. Hey, that is ok and it is equally ok that it doesn't bore you!

If you are pissed because I don't think Daves music is the greatest, fine, but I still respect DMB and I don't think badly of their fans.

As for Live@Luther, you could burn my copy for all I care, I never listen to it, I don't even think I bought it, I think it was a gift....anyway a lot of people on this board love that cd...sorry....I prefer what he is doing now to that.It is all a matter of taste.

Just tell me one thing. Why do you and others like you only post one time and only to defend Dave, who really doesn't need defending?

Peace
DMBFAN_NO41 Posted - 01/02/2003 : 10:22:47 PM
fuck all to those who doubt or dislike DMB .... u talk shit bout them ... and u will soon come to the realization that you, not us are the fools over here at the bridge.timmy is a bad-ass ... and he is one of the most talented guitarist that ive ever heard ... but you fans kill me by the way you talk bout other people you have no clue (even though thats what i am doin now) ... tim AND dave are talented , and when dave is with his band they are the best around .. THE BEST OF WHATS AROUND! ... when timmy is there, they r better .. but you fans talk bout dave like he is a piece of shit or something ... wake up , no one would ever know who tim reynolds is if it wasnt for D & T Live @ Luther ... he is awesome , but dave got him publicity , and you need to come to reality and accept that!

thank you , and dream bout the dreaming tree!
PJK Posted - 01/02/2003 : 10:05:06 PM
Damn Erich, that's awesome! I think I may be out of town that day but if I don't have to go I will definitely try to be there. I may look into tickets anyway. James Brown will really rock that house!!!
smgallstars Posted - 01/02/2003 : 8:41:01 PM
What a CRACKHEAD!!! (Erich, SORRY ABOUT THE CAP(s) LOCK, I KNOW IT BOTHERS YOU!

TELL THE BOARD MODERATOR - I"VE BEEN BANNED!

jasoN
smgallstars Posted - 01/02/2003 : 8:38:51 PM
-Random silliness, brought on by neverending "D&T rumors"-

Hey, I heard on my answering machine that I was embarking upon a winter/spring tour with Erich & Fluffy. I got the confirmation message from my agent, Rew. We do still have a few minor details to iron out.
It seems, Erich,Fluffy,and myself, may have to do an old friend a favor - allowing him to open for us and perhaps sit in on a few songs. No, it's not Dave Matthews, nor is it Mason McKay - it's Rebecca Reynolds . Don't get me wrong, we love and REALLY dig and respect Becca's music... But the three of us will not sell out and/or compromise our artistic integrity.
I'll keep everyone updated and will advise. We just, at this point, don't see enjoying rubbing our balls on this gig.

PEACE and I was,
Jason
Erich Posted - 01/02/2003 : 5:44:13 PM
hey PJK, guess whos seeing James Brown in NYC if you have the money, i suggest trying for a ticket fast, its at BB Kings. im going 1/31
PJK Posted - 12/30/2002 : 7:55:03 PM
That's great Chris! I am a huge James Brown fan....when he sings Brick House....well let's just say it puts me in a mood....hehehehe

And I like DMB...when I heard James Brown was there and they sang Sex Machine, all I could think of was "damn....wish I had been there" No doubt the place really rocked! So glad to hear you got to be there!
DMBFanSJ Posted - 12/30/2002 : 5:43:59 PM
PJK -

I was at the show....most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. Seeing Dave and James Brown trade dance moves...man....I can't even begin to describe it. I only hope a video of that show leaks out so everyone can see it, it was truly a historic dave event that no fan should miss out on!

~ Chris
Erich Posted - 12/25/2002 : 11:45:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

well i'm sure fluffy will squash the rumor if it is a false one.

I know if I were fluffy Id rather just let people squirm in their pants and not confirm/deny anything. its gotten absurd.
victorwootenfan Posted - 12/24/2002 : 8:49:33 PM
well i'm sure fluffy will squash the rumor if it is a false one.
PJK Posted - 12/23/2002 : 11:27:08 AM
Anyone on the boards attend DMB's MSG second night concert???Must have been sooooo awesome with James Brown in the house!!! Wish I had been there!!!!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/22/2002 : 11:43:25 PM
I sincerely believe that if it were true, if Tim were joining Dave, we would be some of the first to know. The reaon I say this is because of a small connection to Tim that we all have: Fluffy. If Tim were joining Dave on Dave's new tour, Fluffy would let us know with dispatch I am sure.

Especially since these rumors crop up all the fuckin' time.

Adam
Erich Posted - 12/22/2002 : 7:43:21 PM
little transaction between me and someone on ants:

I saw this posted by Noel over at The Bridge and I figured you'd probably be the best around here to answer this one.

http://www.anyoneseenthebridge.com/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115829

Apparently he talked to some guy backstage who said there was a "80% Chance" of Tim joining Dave on his solo tour next spring. Had you heard anything about this or any of his other plans that would make this claim bullshit? Thanks for the help man.

-Bill

thanks for the link. Heres all I know... Tim has a date on 3/3/03 and is planning a mini tour aruond that before going solo accoustic around april. These dates are all west coast as well. Ive heard a LOT of talk that tim was going to hook up with dave this winter, but so far any time I ask around the Tim camp gives a negative. So what we're seeing, if any of this is remotly true, is Dave wanting Tim to come by but not getting around to contacting him yet. At this point Im inclined to doubt it cause Tims got a lot of stuff planned, but as I said theres been a lot of talking about it and I wouldnt be surprised if soon down the line Tim is contacted about joining dave on either the next tour or the following one when he can. So for now take it with a grain of salt (isnt this the same guy that "has" BYAH?) and dont get your hopes up, but no promises either way.

Thanks a lot for the help man. I think the most encouraging thing about this is, even if it doesn't happen during the solo tour this Spring, that it looks like they would get back together at some point in the near future. Shit, even if just for a few shows it would be great to see what he could add to some of the newer songs.

I dont think he's actually said that (Noel I mean.) He seems to be one of the few sane ones over here. *laughs*

peace
-Bill

in my own words, i wouldnt hold my breath. I cant say either way honestly, but so far all signs point to nothing, so until tim is contacted i wouldnt hold my breath. (E: some reliable people over at ants are saying its a most likely, again, im not holding my breath, but its starting to look like a credible rumour that may go either way).

E: By the way, the people at the bridge proove time and time again that they are beyond any hope of being more than arogant, puss-sucking, sycpohant assholes. there are some exceptions, DontPokeMyFish (sarah) is totaly ace

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000