Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim plays on new Peter Griesar CD?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
piggpenn Posted - 11/26/2002 : 1:51:10 PM
i saw this over at nancies. anyone know anything abou tthis album?
http://www.offsetrecords.com

how many songs does tim play on? peter g used to be in dmb i think.

pigg
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 08/11/2003 : 04:36:22 AM
TTT for ericclapton
Fluffy Posted - 12/25/2002 : 04:36:05 AM
Still waiting for mine to arrive, but I am really excited to listen to it. Sounds like it is going to be fantabulous!!!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/13/2002 : 12:19:26 PM
Still haven't gotten around to getting this... Hmm. Anyone here have it yet? And what do you think? Maybe I'll order it this weekend. ...
j. tayloe emery Posted - 12/12/2002 : 09:11:44 AM
kevin was having problems with his credit card but i sold him a cd using paypal. another person emailed me and asked if he could send a check.
no problem....

if you want to buy a peter griesar cd other than with a credit card, just contact me and we'll figure it out. also---CD's ARE NOW IN STOCK! and SHIP same day! so pick one up in time for xmas. i sent tim a few this morning...fluffys yours are coming! happy holidaze!

jte
www.offsetrecords.com
Fluffy Posted - 12/07/2002 : 07:37:13 AM
I am inclined to agree with you. HEHE
Baboonboy Posted - 12/06/2002 : 4:15:04 PM
Well theres your problem... you use AT&T :) Just kidding... though I do work for their competition (T-Mobile) so I hate them and everything they stand for... :)
Fluffy Posted - 12/06/2002 : 02:58:49 AM
Hey Kev, I can totally relate to your frustration. I use AT&T free-to-go for my cell phone service and still to this day when I try to buy minutes over the phone with my credit card they tell me my addy doesn't match. I have read it to them straight off my statement and called my credit card company to confirm the addy and no one can give me a straight answer as to why they say they don't match. Credit card company blames AT&T and tells me to call AT&T about it and AT&T tells me to call my credit card company. I have actually told them to call each other and sort it out. This idea was not well recepted. HEHE

Might I suggest calling offset records? I located their phone #s on the contact page at the site.

Phone:

east coast offices 804.301.1762

west coast offices 323.309.0813

I would call them and explain the problem, maybe they can take your order over the phone or tell you how to fix the problem. Good Luck, LMK how it all comes out.
KevinLesko Posted - 12/04/2002 : 8:01:41 PM
Grrrr, I really want to order this cd, but the website isnt letting me. Everytime I try It says Credit Card authorization failed: address given does not match bank records. Heck I even went to my online bank acount, and copied my address straight from my electronic statement and pasted it into the order form, and it still said it didnt match HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??? BLASTED TECHNOLOGY, Kevin is getting angry!
j. tayloe emery Posted - 12/04/2002 : 7:06:14 PM
fluffy-
just found out that superfastgo cds are being shipped from plant on friday! so i will have them on monday and ship them right out to everyone who has ordered one! thanks to all of you who have ordered the cd....we all appreciate it! i think you all will be pleasantly surprised. its a wicked good album.

jte
www.offsetrecords.com
Fluffy Posted - 12/04/2002 : 12:15:56 AM
BUT WASH YOUR HANDS FIRST!!!! HEHE
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/04/2002 : 12:11:02 AM
I believe that I will buy this cd. I don't know when, and I don't know how (altho I do think the link will tell me)... but I will have the cd. I don't even know what kind of music this will be.

But first I have to go thru my stuff and get a little organized...I'm not right now, and it's bothering me...too many new cds in too many disorderly places.

Now to go wash my hands four times.

I think I'll buy the cd soon.
Fluffy Posted - 12/03/2002 : 9:17:21 PM
Welcome aBOARD J. Tayloe Emery!! Thanx for your post and the info!! I look forward to hearing the CD. Looks like you can get it months early if you go to the link provided above. KEWL!!!

As for Peter Griesar, I discovered a wonderful interview with Peter by Waldo from nancies.org Here is a link to the interview. It is a little long but very informative. Lots of history of DMB, C-ville, etc etc etc. I think you will all find it as interesting as I did. It clears up alot of those "I wonder why" questions you might have had. Straight from the horses mouth, as they say. Please take the TIMe to check it out. ENJOY

http://www.nancies.org/articles/000914a.shtml
SurferX Posted - 12/03/2002 : 12:13:01 PM
Thanks for the update, man! I was wondering when I'd get my CD!
j. tayloe emery Posted - 12/03/2002 : 09:02:04 AM
fluffy-

thanks for the props! i used to work for sonicnet/MTV as a contributing editor and photographer and shot that photo of tim and dave at the landmark theatre in richmond, va. there's a review of the show attached to it somewhere...look up mtv.com or sonicnet.com and do a search...it might be up at a site i use to exhibit my work www.stuntkitty.com

i started working with peter 2 years ago on this album. i've always been amazed at the breadth of peter's musical prowess...he's simply a musical genius who writes hit songs like you and i drink water. it was great when tim flew out to the studio in hollywood last year to lay down his parts. i'm incredibly happy to be releasing this cd on my new imprint and hope you all pick up a copy.

there has been some confusion on the cd and when it will be available. i will have in stock next week and will ship all internet orders that same day--buy it at www.offsetrecords.com the national release date is in february as per our distributor's wishes. so buy a copy off my site and you'll have it next week probably. merry xmas everyone!

thanks again fluffy-

jte
Fluffy Posted - 12/03/2002 : 12:25:10 AM
Must have something to do with creative brains. The part that is not so surprising is that both of the eclectic spirits are no longer involved with DMB and are pursuing their personal visions.

Creative brains need to express THEIR personal visions.

Gotta go, getting all philosophical. HEHE
SurferX Posted - 12/02/2002 : 5:05:20 PM
Ya know...I was just thinking about this...Have you noticed that the two "major" players that have played w/ DMB (TIM and Peter Grieser) both have similar forms of musical expression (the so-called "elclectic" form of music)? I just thought that was kind of interesting, noż
DMBFanSJ Posted - 12/02/2002 : 2:05:35 PM
Fluffy -

Yeah, I think you're right, I must have been thinking of that former manager. Thanks!
Fluffy Posted - 12/02/2002 : 05:28:46 AM
Here is a link to Pete's site:

http://www.superfastgo.com/

There are links to mp3's of 3 songs from the new album, one of which is I Do Everything which I think is one of the 3 songs TR plays on.
Fluffy Posted - 12/02/2002 : 05:19:43 AM
From my minuscule knowledge of DMB and their past history, I don't think Peter ever sued them. To my knowledge, remember it's very minuscule, I had heard a past manager once sued them. Maybe this is what you are thinking of. Of course, I could be wrong, there are lots of folks here who are much more well versed in the history of DMB than me. Here is a quote I remember reading a while back:

Dave originally wrote #41 when a previous manager sued him--he just wanted to play his music, but all these people were coming in and wanting their share, and ruining friendships in the process. However, something good (#41) did come from it.

When we were touring with Pete, he had nothing but nice things to say about DMB and his affiliation with them, it just wasn't the direction he wanted to go or something. I doubt he ever sued them, but of course, I am no expert.
DMBFanSJ Posted - 12/02/2002 : 04:09:04 AM
I'm surprised members of DMB would appear on his CD....didn't he and Dave have a falling out after he sued the band? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Fluffy Posted - 12/02/2002 : 01:10:41 AM
Glad you enjoyed the article pigpen!! Welcome aBOARD!!!

Want to talk about SYNCHRONICITY, a few days ago I was contacted by a J. Tayloe Emery notifying me of the imminent release of the PG CD asking if I would make the news available to TR fans. Pigpen beat me to the punch, but today I was using my TIMe to search for links on the web to TRelated material and came across a website that has pics of T&D. I posted a link to it on the TR Photos thread and then noticed that the 1st picture on the photos page was taken my none other than J. Tayloe Emery!

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Venue/9634/daveandtimpics.html

Small world, very small world!! SYNCHRONICITY reigns supreme!

ps:Thanx for the heads up on the PG CD J. Tayloe Emery.
piggpenn Posted - 11/28/2002 : 4:18:37 PM
it says that offset records is selling them on their site (offsetrecords.com) and they'll ship in a week or so...i dont feel like waiting to february to go to amoeba, i'm gonna order a couple off there website. the mp3s are really good! nice article on tim eand peter. thanks fluffy!

pig

PJK Posted - 11/28/2002 : 09:27:36 AM
I am definitely going to check out both PG's cd, which I had heard of before, and Citizen Cope. I am making a Christmas CD wish list....these will definitely be on it, if I don't end up saying the hell with it and buying them myself...hehehe....still a cd addict!
Baboonboy Posted - 11/28/2002 : 04:13:09 AM
I dug supertanker when I saw TR3 at the Black Cat in '99. Then after the show, I stole a taxi from some "aberclonies" :) (Aberclonies is a registered trademark of Erich with an H productions limited 2002)
Fluffy Posted - 11/27/2002 : 7:48:43 PM
RollingStone said:
quote:
"Loaded," a dreamy, Citizen Cope-like sliver of soul pop featuring Reynolds on guitar, Griesar's new set completely defies expectation.

How sychronistic that they would mention another of my fave unknown artists in it's comparison. If you remember, back in march, I mentioned Citizen Cope:

Fluffy
Alien Abductee
USA
6926 Posts
Posted - 03/10/2002 : 11:23:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed she is, at least Citizen Cope opened. He was well worth it. Check him out, if you don't know him. He just has a new record out about 3 weeks ago. He used to be the DJ for Basehead.

Quick Review:
February 4, 2002

With a languid drawl that evokes both Sting and Everlast, and quasi hip-hop stylings from producer Bob Power (D'Angelo, Tribe Called Quest), the major label debut from the man known as Citizen Cope offers up the latest in singer-songwriter cool, in which the white urban (cow)boy walks the line between indie pop and hip hop.
Though the record is bolstered by a number of strongly written tunes (like the simple, melancholy "Comin' Back" and "Holdin' On"), tracks like "Contact" and "Mistaken Identity" maintain an oddly tempered lushness: neither too "rock" nor too "rap," they feel as one-dimensional, in their genre-hopping way, as a Jamiroquai record can.

Greenwood, who worked on mid-'90s albums by acts like Basehead, hasn't changed his M.O. all that much since: For the most part, Citizen Cope offers medium-grooved funk with dubbed drums, though on his disc's best numbers Cope (a.k.a. Clarence Greenwood) seems to have assimilated the pathos of Ryan Adams and the gruff quirkiness of Beck into his urban hymns.

Brad Cawn
CDNOW Contributing Writer

Citzen Cope on CDNOW

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1342
Fluffy Posted - 11/27/2002 : 7:32:48 PM
Sounds like Peter is going thru some of the same problems TR has had after an affiliation with Dave. Why is that everyone expects anyone who ever played with Dave to sound like him? More importantly, why are they so quick to dismiss it if it does not sound like Dave? As if it had no musical merit. It boggles the mind. Anyway, the new PG album sounds like something I am definitely going to like. I have heard some of his older material and was quite impressed. PG's Supertanker even opened some shows for us on the Astral Projection tour. PG is a great guy and great musician. I am anxious to see what he has in store for us on the new CD. By the way, I would get it even if TR wasn't on it. That is just a bonus. Here is what Rolling Stone online had to say about the new material.

Post-DMB "Super" for Grieser

Tim Reynolds, Leroi Moore guest on keyboardist's new solo set

Founding Dave Matthews Band member Peter Griesar is prepping a new solo album that features cameos from DMB saxophone player Leroi Moore and longtime DMB collaborator guitarist Tim Reynolds. The set, titled Superfastgo, is due on February 11th on Virginia indie Offset Records.
Not surprisingly, one of Griesar's biggest fears is that Moore's and Reynolds' names are going to be trumpeted in big letters on the album's cover -- figuratively speaking. That would be par for the course for the guy who co-wrote the DMB's Grammy-winning "So Much to Say" before he left the band in 1993, just as they were about to record their debut and explode into a stadium-touring phenomenon.

"A couple of years after I left the band, I went on tour with my group, Supertanker," says Griesar, 33, calling before setting out for his seasonal day job as a lift operator at the Heavenly ski resort in Lake Tahoe. "When we played in the South, the marquee would say in huge letters, 'DAVE MATTHEWS BAND FORMER KEYBOARD PLAYER,' and then my name in little letters. The club owner thought he was doing himself a favor, but the people who gravitate towards Dave's music are not necessarily the kind who would gravitate towards mine. In fact, it's the ones who don't like his music who would probably like mine."

Griesar has a point. Despite the presence of Moore and Reynolds on three of the album's twelve songs, the music on Superfastgo is clearly the work of a man with a twisted pop vision that would leave the average Dave-head a bit speechless. Produced by pal Brian Kehew (Hole, Beck), the album mixes the sinister groove of Scary Monsters-era David Bowie with the homebrewed drum machine/keyboard pop of early Beck. More than half of the album was recorded with Kehew at Rotund Rascal studios in Hollywood, site of classic sessions by the Band as well as a slightly more ominous pop star. "Jack Kevorkian recorded his album A Very Still Life there, and I would look up at a plaque of his album on the wall during some of the sessions," Griesar says. "Maybe some of that creepiness got into my album." From the claustrophobic, slightly paranoid album opener "I Do Everything," a response to the people who are constantly asking Griesar what he's doing with his time, to "Loaded," a dreamy, Citizen Cope-like sliver of soul pop featuring Reynolds on guitar, Griesar's new set completely defies expectation.

"The thing is, I was in the Dave Matthews Band -- I'm not Dave Matthews," he says, laughing about the sometimes-bizarre themes and electronic sounds bubbling underneath the surface of his songs. While "Loaded" might sound like the diary of a guy who simply parties too much, the track was intended as the theme song to the big screen story of Griesar's former manager, a convicted felon who was, at one time, the biggest pot dealer in the United States. Though he's suspicious of attempts to lure him back into the Matthews world, Griesar says it was only natural that he call old friend Moore to sit in on the disco funk tune, "Spy Girl." Not coincidentally, the track is the most DMB-sounding one on the album, inevitable given that it was his ex-manager's idea. "It felt awkward to do it at first, but that was probably the most fun day of recording we had," Griesar says. "We just tried to do an old-school, King Curtis kind of groove on it."

With some of the proceeds from "So Much to Say" plowed back into a home studio in his hometown of Esmont, Virginia, and no plans to tour behind Superfastgo until he completes his next album, Griesar seems to have found his peace outside the cult of Dave. "There's that residual fan base, people sending me email asking if I could tell Dave 'Hi,'" he says. "But I have no regrets about leaving. As soon as I got the feeling that I didn't want to do it anymore, I had to stop. Now, I call myself the musician with the addiction to the other white powder."

GIL KAUFMAN
(November 27, 2002)

piggpenn Posted - 11/26/2002 : 2:08:09 PM
cool. thanks. i didnt see the tracks page till now.

whats the scoop on tim and peter?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/26/2002 : 2:01:38 PM
Well let's see:

I Do Everything
Loaded
Spy Girl

I believe that's it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000