Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 My "connections" to tim.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich Posted - 11/14/2002 : 10:14:30 PM
I dont know why this bugged me so freakin much.

quote:
Originally posted by mothug5636
Yeah, I don't like him either. Think it's an inflated ego because he has connections to Tim.

I dont care that they dont like me, i never gave a shit about public relations on message boards, but that "connections to tim" thing bugged me. I have as big a connection to tim as everyone else on this message board. I was blessed with the oportunity to travel to see Tim perform multiple times, and I did get some time spent with him and the crew chatting, but honestly, I dont feel more connected to him in that sense than the people here who saw him once, or who saw him many times but didnt meet him, or who havent had the opotortunity due to age, money, location, time, whatever. I also get my news from Fluffy who has provided all of us with not only a friendship but an insight to a world we dont really see. I might try to make my role in the community slightly more active by posting a show or building a sight, but anyone can do that.

Sorry, this is my frustration with dmb fans coming to another peak. In a community where theres an obvious hierchy its tough to bring information to them withought them saying youre flaunting a connection, or youre "elite" as the old term was. And thats why it always impresses me when fans here can accept everyone as an equal and not catagorize them. Even fluffy, the degree of separation we have from tim and the online community, comes to us as a friend and an equal first and foremost.

Its always funny to me. People come to me a lot for info on tim, and i tell them what i learned from these boards and then point them to here and also my site which sums up the same stuff, and yet despite my obvious sources to them im an insider. maybe the fans WANT that seperation. maybe they WANT to feel like they can never get close to these performers and always put them up on a pedistal, their "gods".

I think it would shock the community to learn that, brace yourself, Tim takes a shit like all of us. And heres the worst part - it probably stinks just as bad. wait, wait, heres my insider info: I used the bathroom after tim once and he used an orange spray to cover up the smell. *gets ego-testical*.
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 11/26/2002 : 8:47:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

...and congrats to Tericee on such a prestigeous post count (777).

Thank you! It looks like I might actually get to a thousand some day!
pcbTIM Posted - 11/26/2002 : 10:03:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Does that make it a chicken 'N Turkey sandwich?

That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try that on Friday.
Fluffy Posted - 11/26/2002 : 09:16:00 AM
chicken sandwiches lives in TURKEY!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Does that make it a chicken 'N Turkey sandwich?

Welcome aBOARD chicken sandwiches!!!

and congrats to Tericee on such a prestigeous post count(777).
tericee Posted - 11/22/2002 : 12:06:44 AM
Well, I read through the whole thread and I have to say that it did seem a little like Erich was just in a bitchy mood due to the fact that the same question is asked on Nancies every nanosecond. But I also TOTALLY understand where he was coming from. I think the sheer number of newcomers to the board is enough to put anyone in a bitchy mood.

We get very few newcomers here, so we are able to usher them in gently -- or else offend them so much they leave.
chicken sandwiches Posted - 11/21/2002 : 4:32:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

You too!?!

quote:
Chick-Fil-A... chargrilled or original... *NUT*

wow, you people are certainly affectionate to the newcomers! i think i like this board! if only i hadn't spent so much time at the "Vegetarians USA" message board trying to speak my point. they didn't like me so much()
chicken sandwiches Posted - 11/21/2002 : 4:26:31 PM
quote:
I like chicken sandwiches

hey thanks, thanks a lot!
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/20/2002 : 11:09:01 AM
Chick-Fil-A... chargrilled or original... *NUT*
SpaceMonkey Posted - 11/20/2002 : 10:37:45 AM
You too!?!
Xar666 Posted - 11/18/2002 : 10:42:41 AM
I like chicken sandwiches.
Erich Posted - 11/16/2002 : 12:36:39 AM
im not going to act like a jerk right now, but only cause im inebriated... but let me just say this, the reason im condesending to a lot of folks on nancies and ants is because after the 4+ billion times its mentioned to read the faq or to go to the site or to do whatever, it still surprises me nobody does it. But youre right, im just not going to answer anymore, and let the other folks specuate till their eyes bleed.

and for the way my tone comes across there, I dont apologize, but maybe we'll meet on better terms next time.
PJK Posted - 11/15/2002 : 11:47:06 PM
Thanks for the link....got to page 2 of it and became totally disgusted with the whole thing. Come on people, isn't there enough mindless bickering in the world without fans of great musicians getting into a verbal fist fight????

Who really cares if Tim and Dave play together again? Be glad for the music that's out there and let Dave and Tim do their own thing. As far as the "Timmy" thing get over that too. There are a hell of a lot worse things to be called than Timmy. I can't in my wildest thoughts believe Tim would ever not perform with Dave if that was what they wanted to do, because fans call him Timmy. Let's not lose sight of what brought everyone to these boards and that is the music!

DMBFanSJ Posted - 11/15/2002 : 10:20:31 PM
Here's a link to the thread that's being discussed

http://www.nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93990

Instead of merely stating that I don't like you erich, I probably should have addressed the real issue which was the tone in your posts. It's not that I personally dislike you because of course I don't know you, it was more that I didn't like the way you were saying the things you were saying. The only reason I said it in the way that I did was because someone else said it that way first and I was merely agreeing.
PJK Posted - 11/15/2002 : 9:40:30 PM
DMBFanS....glad you at least posted your side. I am still confused because I never read the original Nancies post that you mentioned but I am glad you responded. I hate when people make comments and then won't defend their views.
I've never met you, I have met Erich and I can say he isn't a jerk. I don't think any of us can say there isn't at least one post we made that we wish we hadn't....let's face it, I guess we can all act like a jerk(I know I can even act like a bitch....can't believe I admitted that!) someTIMes but it doesn't mean we are jerks (or bitches). So for what it is worth give Erich the benefit of the doubt....Come to think of it maybe this all belongs on the "Friends" side since it seems to be more about Erich than Tim????
pcbTIM Posted - 11/15/2002 : 8:49:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

I think it would shock the community to learn that, brace yourself, Tim takes a shit like all of us.

Stop it, you're scaring me.
DMBFanSJ Posted - 11/15/2002 : 7:41:41 PM
lol

Well for the record, I'm the one who made the comment. It came from seeing the arrogant and sometimes downright rude responses you would post to people both here and on the nancies board, erich. Both of us responded to a thread on nancies, but your response made you look like a jerk. You even said the following:

"and for the original poster:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/to...p?TOPIC_ID=2284

cause no one seems to go over there themselves to get the official word. its amazing."

Where is this sarcasm coming from? Now, if you've seen a question several times and don't feel like answering it over and over again, here's an idea: DON'T! You shouldn't assume that the person posting had been to the nancies board a thousand times, nor should you snap at someone just because they posted instead of searching the archives. Just because they maybe didn't do their homework doesn't mean they deserve your sarcasm. I also get tired of seeing you posting on the nancies boards (showing that you obviously read them), and then coming back here and trashing the dmb fans that post there! Being a poster on both myself, I find it very hypocritical and obnoxious.

Anyway...I've said my piece, and I think my comment was justified. If you all disagree just because erich is such a longtime poster or tim advocate then I'll understand. I just think that no matter how much of an important member of the tim boards you are erich, you still need to treat other people with respect.
Jamie M Posted - 11/15/2002 : 7:34:44 PM
quote:
Tim Reynolds? Why the hell do we, a top 10 university, get a half-assed Dave Matthews-wannabe instead of the real thing?

Don't even start with the sorry excuses about how big stars don't want to play small venues like Hopkins.

How come schools like Princeton and Yale get big-time acts every year, even when they're playing a tiny auditorium?

It's so poorly done. It's so Hopkins.

There are plenty of quality acts who play the fair circuit. Sure, they might be past their prime, but it's better than watching Tim Reynolds play while I'm trying to imagine being at a Dave Matthews concert.

Goddam, that is the absolute worst thing I have ever heard a DM fan say. That really pisses me off.
pants_happy Posted - 11/15/2002 : 5:41:05 PM
people simply believe what they want to, no matter how much truth there is or isn't to the matter. it is definately respectable that you try so hard to point people with questions about tim in the right direction, or freely share your knowledge with the uninformed person. these guy's must've been playing on a "Jump to Conclusions" matt, because there is no truth to what they said. you know it and your friends know it.

that sentence struck me as being similar in ignorance to the horrific review given about tim from a review in the TR Stories/Interviews thread. the one by tom gutting that went:
Tim Reynolds? Why the hell do we, a top 10 university, get a half-assed Dave Matthews-wannabe instead of the real thing?

Don't even start with the sorry excuses about how big stars don't want to play small venues like Hopkins.

How come schools like Princeton and Yale get big-time acts every year, even when they're playing a tiny auditorium?

It's so poorly done. It's so Hopkins.

There are plenty of quality acts who play the fair circuit. Sure, they might be past their prime, but it's better than watching Tim Reynolds play while I'm trying to imagine being at a Dave Matthews concert.

just a lot of bitching, and another example where someone only see's what they want to see. as for that wannabe comment, i wonder what it must be like for that guy to have his head completely up his ass. someone not liking tim for his music is one thing, but saying untrue statements and whining like a child is another. the same as in your case, they don't even know what they're saying. all they do is talk, that all they're good for. just be glad you're not like them, and try to have a good day.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 11/15/2002 : 10:52:32 AM
That sucks Erich. Sorry they came down on you that hard; I don't know how they got you and I confused...I mean I never wear the salty fisherman hat that you do.

Just to clarify things...I SpaceMonkey am The Chosen One, Fan Numero Uno. I have innumerable connections to TR, Fluffy, etc. as well as Tim's mailman. I have extensive knowledge dealing with all things TR, including his shoe size. And I mean, just because you camp outside of somebody's house and take photos with an expensive infrared camera in the middle of a cold New Mexican night doesn't necessarily mean you're transgressing any laws of fan-dom. I mean, that just part of growing up; everybody goes through that.

To that person bugging Erich: it is I you should be bugging. Erich is the least of your worries. I am the Lord of TR fans. All posters bow before me. I have a couple shows with all the appropriate source info. And, unlike Erich, I have a car! Recognize!!!
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/15/2002 : 02:51:20 AM
Werd.
PJK Posted - 11/14/2002 : 11:45:58 PM
Erich, don't let that get you down!!! You're a good person and we all like you here. Where was that posted anyway because I never read it.

Maybe because I am older I don't think Tim or DMB or the President of the US, etc are above me as a person. I think Tim...no, I KNOW Tim is WAY above me as far as music goes, but not even as far as music appreciation goes.

People have different talents, every one is different, but what ,really makes us, not better than someone, but maybe a better person than someone else, is how we act towards one another.

Sounds to me that the comment was made by someone who is less mature than you and perhaps jealous. What they fail to realize is that no one person could ever live up to the hero status some try to thrust on people who are famous.

I am sorry, I can't even stomach the nancies board because they always have someone wanting to know all about the private lives of the band and you can tell there are a lot of teeny boppers on there because of the comments. (Which is ok for teenagers to act like.)I have read some worthwhile things on there, but so seldom and I am not that into DMB any more, that I kind of feel "why bother?"

I have been very lucky in my life to have met the King of Spain and many other very important people through my father, who was quite well known himself, and I learned very early on that they weren't any better than me....just more well known. I was as thrilled to meet you, Erich, and Liz as I was Fluffy and Tim!

I know it is said a lot but this board is special and those who regularly post do so with the greatest respect for each other...even the less than politically correct comments are said with fun, not malice.

So cheer up Erich....we love ya!!!!

Shiva Posted - 11/14/2002 : 11:39:35 PM
erich it's ok hun....people are always going to judge us....thinking that we are trying to be someone that they want to be.....your a great guy and that is all that matters....forget about what people say about you...they don't know you and you don't want to know them if that is what kind of people they are....you stay just like you are....Charise

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000