Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 CHAOS VIEW FOR SALE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 10/25/2002 : 10:56:28 PM
Doin the happy dance, doin the happy dance... I knew I checked musictoday.com everyday for a reason!
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
genome Posted - 11/13/2002 : 5:46:34 PM
Wait: a new cd and a new tour. Super!
Bustoff Posted - 11/12/2002 : 4:35:37 PM
Kevin, thanks for the info about the green acre jam. That's pretty funny, i used to watch that show all the TIMe. I'll have to check those old TR3 shows out.

Erich Posted - 11/12/2002 : 3:53:28 PM
Assimilate was the skinny puppy accoustic cover, yeah.

and Kev - thanks for that insight, what a funny thought.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/12/2002 : 3:31:20 PM
You are thinking of something else Jason... I think Assimilate was only played a handful of times. Think back to the Hollywood show... Assimilate was the very fast song played on the acoustic.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/12/2002 : 08:40:22 AM
I've noticed that different songs stand out to me at different times. Yesterday I think it was "Lift" (if that's the last one). Always Eura's song does, and Skeleton Walls (which I hadn't picked as a fav before this album), and of course, Chaos View Drip (if that's the first one). Not too good with the names, you know. I've been trying, tho.

Kevin, wasn't #1 called Assimilate before? I thought it was for some reason. Why did it get changed? And wasn't Assimilate a Skinny Puppy song? Or am I confusing that with something else? Inquiring minds want to know.
KevinLesko Posted - 11/12/2002 : 12:27:33 AM
quote:
Personally, i'm addicted to Radar Contact

Hey, I bet you'd be interested to know that song evolved from a jam of the Green Acres theme song. Listen to some old TR3 shows (early 95s) and you'll hear Tim singin the lyrics to Green Acres over that jam. I think the song went by the name of Green Radar back then.
pcbTIM Posted - 11/09/2002 : 11:15:34 PM
Just placed my order today.......so I'll probably get it when I come back home for Thanksgiving. [giddy] I can't wait !!!! [/giddy]
Bustoff Posted - 11/08/2002 : 1:35:31 PM
Those are good songs. Personally, i'm addicted to Radar Contact. It's AWESOME. When I heard that song live, along with the visual stuff, all of the sudden i was like "screw the acoustic stuff! this is the absolute coolest thing i've ever seen!!" hehe I can't describe how cool it was.

Hornet's Nest, Glimpses, Backdoor, and TIMe to Go are my other fav's.
TIM's songwriting is just as good as his playing.

Awesome CD.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/08/2002 : 12:47:44 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I really dig Skeleton Walls (more than I used to) and I also dig the first one... Chaos View Drip ... people in the lab look in my direction funny because they think for a second that it's me saying that stuff...hehee.. I dig it. And the cd's growing on me. I wasn't into it right away, but I am now. Backdoor is definately a highlight because that takes me straight back to House of Blues with the Cali Crew + ... good times, good times.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/04/2002 : 11:53:24 PM
I can't get enough rageahol... hehe...

I got my cds today too! I'm digin them, but I haven't had much of a chance to listen yet...just to ChaosView and In November Sunlight... I can't wait to get into the rest of the stuff...I didn't get DMB today, but that's no big loss with all this other stuff. Plus I just got a Derek Trucks Band cd, so I've got that to listen to...then I've still got a whole bunch of new ones that I haven't had a month that I feel like I'm neglecting...I have to get a cd player that will be in my area at work... I'll probably move the one I took up there before to where I always work now (with the GC machines)...then I can listen at my disgresion.

Ah, enough. Glad I got ChaosView. It's interesting. And I'll say, it took damn long enough. Over a week. What's up with that?
PJK Posted - 11/04/2002 : 10:00:21 PM
Jason, I got my Chaos View today in the mail. Also the Legendary Segovia.(Thanks for your suggestion, and review!) And my DMB cd came as well. I just pre-ordered Tony Levin's new album Double Espresso. Also picked up a new copy of Handel's Messiah, which I love. This one has the London Symphony Ochestra. I am very picky when it comes to this. My other copy (one with the entire performance on it) is by the Atlanta Symphony Ochestra and I don't like it because the timing is off on Sinfonia, the opening piece and some of the other's as well. I also got another cd of Ravi Shankar who I am seeing in concert next week.

After ordering about 2 more cd's I am promising myself I won't buy any more for a while! I can't keep spending like this!!!! My name is Pam and I am a cd-aholic!!!hehe Maybe I will resort to burning cd's which I swore I would never do. Oh well!
Street-Samurai Posted - 10/29/2002 : 9:43:57 PM
Check out this post:
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2388
DaRavyn Posted - 10/29/2002 : 8:43:10 PM
Does anyone know what songs will be on the cd?
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/29/2002 : 2:54:59 PM
Yep, ChaosViewDVD will be an item for the ages. But no one really knows when it will be out. So just sit tight, Fluffy will do his best to let us know, I'm sure.
DaRavyn Posted - 10/28/2002 : 1:47:16 PM
Isn't Chaos View going to have a DVD too (or so I heard )? And f o when is it going to be fore sale?
PJK Posted - 10/28/2002 : 06:26:05 AM
Bought my copy of Tims cd, and a few others.....I can't keep doing this!!!!!I am a cd addict!!!!I hate dreading if my husband will be home when the packages arrive....not that he says anything but its those damn unspoken words that get to me!
PJK Posted - 10/27/2002 : 5:28:41 PM
Kevin...You've got Mail!!! Pam
Jay Posted - 10/27/2002 : 4:50:58 PM
DAMMIT MERLE!!!! That is why i can't go to Wal*Mart, even if Merle IS dead.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 3:59:07 PM
Yeah, Kevin I'd have a hard time with the whole record store deal...
do you get any kind of good discount? If cds were a little less (around $10) then I'd have tons and tons. It is impossible to get a cd for cheap in Oxford. One store stays around $20, and the other big cd store is about 18.99... I have an issue buying cds from Wal*Mart, so that leaves the internet, which is fine with me.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/27/2002 : 3:33:23 PM
You guys think you've got it bad? I work at a record shop... I literally am surronded by thousands of discs whispering "buy me Kevin". hehe You should really dig all of those cds you picked up Jason.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/27/2002 : 3:31:08 PM
Pam: I'd love to hear that Soko story you eluded to... oops... to which you eluded.
PJK Posted - 10/27/2002 : 10:59:34 AM
Actually, yeah, probably both.....this is not good for a cd addict like me though. But, I justify it by saying I don't usually spend money on other pleasures and we don't go on many vacations so what the heck. Ofcourse I used the same logic to justify why I am going to see Ravi Shankar, Peter Gabriel, and The Other Ones as well as a Penn State Football game (against Michigan State) and a Flyers game(against the Toronto Maple Leafs) all in November. Really I don't usually do anything extra, but I got to a point where I said "life is too damn short not to do things when the opportunity presents itself," so, as long as I don't get into debt over it, why not!!!!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 09:50:48 AM
Soo, did that review influence you to get either album...?
PJK Posted - 10/27/2002 : 07:21:24 AM
Yes it did!!!Thanks!!!Very much appreciated!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 9:19:19 PM
Clone is pretty good. It almost makes me feel like Leo is selling out, even if it does seem like they have fun. I mean, he's getting older, he doesn't sell out large places...probably thinking about what he'll do for $ for the rest of his life, so he connects with someone large or at least with a huge fanbase to which he can definately sell out shows and sell cds...

My biggest problem with Clone, however, is personal, and relates to what I just said. I don't want a bunch of phish crowders at Leo shows, much like we don't want TIM shows to be disquieted with obnoxious fans. I like the way they were, with me being the youngest one there and everyone being quiet.

Ok on to the music of the cd. It is well done, but the lyrics aren't even close to Leo's stuff. It is obviously a Gordon recording (lyrically) than Kottke. It reminds me of They Might Be Giants more than Phish or Kottke. Lyrics are kinda silly... guitar playing is great, duh, but it even seems like they have been stripped down a little for the album. But this is not a negative review of the album. I like it a lot. I would highly suggest buying it, and expecting something light and lively, with a few blusey tunes and enjoyable lyrics.

hr's for kevin

The Legendary Segovia is a good album. I don't listen to it as much, and really just got it as a representation of his work. It's mostly Bach tunes, which are all good (owing partly I'm sure to the fact that I love Bach), and he plays them well. An interesting note, however, the recordings were done between the years 1927 and 1939. And as you might imagine, recording techniques weren't what they are today, so there's a good bit of hiss and the volume's pretty low, but I mean, it's Segovia, so it's great. He's extraordinary. I guess I should add that probably all of his recordings aren't that great since they are so old, but his talent is that great.

Hope that helps.
PJK Posted - 10/26/2002 : 9:01:32 PM
What did you think of Clone? That's one I am thinking of getting.Also, your thoughts on The Legendary Segovia, I don't know anything about that. I do love Common Margins as well, awesome that you can wake up to it, I don't have a cd alarm clock. Really appreciate your info.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 7:50:22 PM
Well I can't wait to get it all. I just got in the mail last week or so Clone with Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon, Common Margins (that I mentioned already) and The Legendary Segovia. Common Margins comes on every morning to wake me up. I went for a very long time not buying cds because of a lack of funds, but that's a little different now, so that's good. Plus I've been introduced to a wealth of music that I'm interested in and like, so that's even better. Add to that the fact that where I now work I can actually play cds while working, I get to listen more thoroughly to cds I have/get. So it works out well.

I don't know how many cds I have. If you include cds I've traded for (legally), which number well into the hundreds, maybe 400... I probably have over 600 cds too. And when you consider that a couple of years ago when I got into DMB I traded a bunch of cds to CDWarehouse for credit so I could get all of DMBs cds, I've probably had 700 cds or so. So yeah, I like cds. There are just sooo many.

Now you want to know of a lot of cds...talk to Fluffy. That man has more than anyone I know. I'm sure he could run a radio station out of his room.
PJK Posted - 10/26/2002 : 7:18:22 PM
Thanks Kevin!!!I am ordering a copy as soon as I finish this!

Jason, I am soooo glad to hear you can't resist cd's either. My kids have a joke that I can't go into Best Buy without getting a cd or two. Sad thing is not only are they right but I can't even go to the shopping center the store is in without going in. I think I am a cd addict too! If my husband knew what I have spent in the last 6 months on cd's he'd have a fit....which is why I don't tell him! Hehe I can't help it I just love music!!!! Today I bought one of James Taylor's. (By the way, I can resist every thing else too.)

I am also glad you bought some of Soko/Mike Sokolosky's works. I love In November Sunlight, the second song Your Steps Alone has a story that goes with it. If you're interested in it let me know.I also love Monday....very soothing but not boring. Offering is very different and not for everyone but I just love it! The newer Offering from last years Knitting Factory is supposed to be released but I don't know when. I am getting that one as soon as it's out!! I can't wait to hear what you think of all of it Jason!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 11:23:06 AM
INS was just sort of an impulse buy. Ha. I'm not like that with anything but cds. I can keep from buying almost anything, but not cds. Maybe I'm addicted. But at least I get good music.
Baboonboy Posted - 10/26/2002 : 03:04:30 AM
In November sunlight is one of my fav cds by anyone, ever. In fact I just found my copy...used my scratch remover, extracted it, and shn'd it so I will always have it.. :)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 02:45:23 AM
Thanks for the heads up Kevin. I ordered a copy right away. I can't wait. Also picked up some other stuff...Offering, Monday, In November Sunlight and Sticks and Stones...

Come to think of it I might already have that last one...damn... anyway.

I can't wait to get ChaosView.. Really appreciate you telling us Kevin.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000