Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Looking to the FUTURE...........

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 10/22/2002 : 5:52:03 PM
Here is what I know so far. All info is very vague and everything is subject to major change. I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop. Here is what we are looking at for the Spring.

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 3/3/03
ARTIST: Tim Reynolds
VENUE: Vilar Center for the Arts PHONE: 970-845-5858
Vilar Center Arts Foundation 63 Avondale Way, T-4
Avon, CO 81620
CAPACITY: 530 TICKET PRICE: $35
DOORS: 7:00pm AGES: all ages show
PERF LENGTH: 1@90mins PERF. TIME: 7:30pm

Tom is hoping to have a run of dates, maybe a week or two, in and around this show. The area he hopes to cover is CO, WY, Idaho, UT etc etc etc. Basically the ski areas. Again, I have no concrete info on this except the confirmed show above, but I wanted to let you know what we were talking about.

Beyond that, April looks like it will most likely be an ACOUSTIC tour with TR headlining above the California Guitar Trio. It will be a nite of 3 guitarists playing as one, opening for 1 guitarist playing as 3.(thanx Tom) For those of you not familiar, CGT is 3(duh, TRIO)guitarists from Fripp's League of Crafty Guitarists. Ah hell, here is a bio about them:

Paul Richards of Utah, Bert Lams of Brussels, Belgium, and Hideyo Moriya of Tokyo first met in England at one of Robert Fripp's Guitar Craft Courses in 1987. After completing several of these intensive courses, the three toured worldwide with Fripp's League of Crafty Guitarists. Wanting to continue together after the League had run its course, they all convened in Los Angeles and founded The California Guitar Trio in 1991. Fusing their individual backgrounds in classical music (Lams), rock and jazz (Richards) and surf music (Moriya), the newborn CGT began to play in coffee shops and then in more prestigious venues (e.g. The Troubadour and House of Blues) honing their intricate original compositions, surf covers, and classical re-workings.

In 1993 the trio released their first full length album, Yamanashi Blues which features brilliant interlocked acoustic instrumentals such as "Kan-non Power", surf tunes, and Bach pieces. Touring with Fripp and Trey Gunn as the Robert Fripp String Quintet in 1993 resulted in the outstanding live album The Bridge Between. In 1995 the CGT released Invitation, notable for its splendid rendition of Bach's famous "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor".

The CGT received its "big break" in 1995, when the reformed King Crimson invited them to be their opening act for a worldwide tour. Playing in front of thousands of Crimson connoisseurs, the CGT commanded rapt attention and elicited tremendous emotional responses in the audience. The CGT again toured throughout the 1996-98 period, opening for John Mc Laughlin on several occasions, and releasing their 3rd CD Pathways. With jazz/avant-garde saxophone contributions by Bill Janssen, Pathways opens up new textures and sonics for CGT. It explores an increasingly diverse amalgam of musical styles, brought to life with mind-blowing musicianship and unabashed emphasis on good fun (for example, the cover of the 50's standard "Classical Gas").

The CGT has toured incessantly throughout the last three years, very often with special guests such as Janssen, percussionist Jarrod Kaplan, bassist/stick player Tony Levin and King Crimson drummer Pat Mastelotto. The band has released four live albums in the past couple of years, An Opening Act, on tour with King Crimson (taken from tapes of the '95 tour), Rocks the West and the self-released Monday Night in San Francisco (with Tony Levin). Just in time for NEARfest 2001, Live at the Key Club has been released, featuring Levin and Mastelotto. Monday Night is the first installment in a CGT Direct Collector's Series, available only over the band's website or at shows.

With a whirlwind of instrumental styles fusing classical, rock, blues, jazz, country, as well as the quintessential California musical genre surf music, the CGT's stunning virtuosity and sly sense of humor have earned them a rabid following and wide notoriety, with significant crossover in the progressive and acoustic music scenes. Their music has been used as a backdrop on The Weather Channel and ESPN, and most notably during the television coverage of the 1998 Winter Olympics and the 2000 Summer Olympics.

http://www.cgtrio.com/bandbio.htm

For more info about them, check out:

http://www.cgtrio.com/index.htm

Now, before you start suggesting dates and wanting to know where this tour will take us, I HAVE NO IDEA AT THIS TIMe, it is just being discussed and all the details are not even close to being worked out. When I have more info you can be sure I will let you know first, as I am doing now. That is all I know for the moment, and as I have already said, when I have more details you can be sure I will post them. You are now on the cutting edge of TR info and you know just as much as me. Keep your fingers crossed and we will see what happens. I doubt I will know much more before the end of the 2nd Leg of the ChaosView Extrapolation Tour.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 02/08/2003 : 9:22:00 PM
Could I have been futher off? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Like I always say, THINGS CHANGE!!!(and they do HEHE)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 11:33:49 AM
Yeah, like DOOM. I think that's my favorite song right now...especailly the version on 5.9.01...or 5.9.something. ...

I have to say, I'm still very surprised by TIM's return to acoustic. Fluffy, any new info on that?
SurferX Posted - 10/25/2002 : 1:28:15 PM
Now, it would be really interesting to see TIM play some of his electric songs acoustically. Just a thought...
Fluffy Posted - 10/25/2002 : 07:42:34 AM
enthuTIMsiast asked:
quote:
Fluffy, doesn't this pretty much go exactly opposite to what everyone around here hears and knows that TIM is into and feeling right now? What changed?

pcbdmb commented:
quote:
Damn. And I was so looking forward to another electric concert! D'oh well....TIM's TIM.

TIM'S TIM, so I guess TIM'S WHIM changed. He wants to do it, guess he is just in the mood for it. As we know with TR, it is all about TIMing and the TIMing must be right for him. I am up for it as long as it is what TR wants to do, and he seems excited about it. Keep in mind, he has been doing acoustic stuff even on the ChaosView tour. After the robbery, he had to incorporate a little more acoustic into the last 3 shows to make up for the missing electric songs, so maybe that inspired him. It is hard to say. I didn't really ask him "WHY?", I just asked if he wanted to do it and was looking forward to it. That's good enuf for me.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/23/2002 : 8:32:52 PM
I will. I'm pretty sure I can at least make the Atlanta show.
Erich with an h Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:59:10 PM
if you can still make it to a second leg show, DO IT. theres no doubt in my mind he topped the first leg.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:51:52 PM
Me too, actually, while I do favor the acoustic. I just don't want to miss this show I'm hearing so much aboot.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:31:22 PM
Damn. And I was so looking forward to another electric concert! D'oh well....TIM's TIM.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:29:56 PM
quote:
it will most likely be an ACOUSTIC tour

Fluffy, doesn't this pretty much go exactly opposite to what everyone around here hears and knows that TIM is into and feeling right now? What changed?
Jamie M Posted - 10/23/2002 : 12:00:39 AM
Oh man... acoustic tour... I'm already way too excited. Now I'm gonna be really upset if it doesn't happen.
captain_napkins Posted - 10/22/2002 : 7:10:29 PM
Ok...I don't really want to say anything, but what the hell...Arizona is a great place for a TR concert this time of year!

Well, I guess there isn't much hope, but if there is one out here, i'll be there...
Baboonboy Posted - 10/22/2002 : 6:49:37 PM
I don't care where the shows with the trio might be....My ass will be there.
Erich with an h Posted - 10/22/2002 : 6:30:03 PM
youre the best fluffy.

and if I cant make another show or two this tour, you can count on me coming to the west next year. Ive got people there that i want to see pretty badly :). Though I dont know if i can handle coming to Idaho. Being there was so draining last time that it may spark up some bad memories. But its tim. [/digress]

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000