Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Fluffy! : Martin D-28

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/19/2002 : 1:58:51 PM
Hey there Fluffy! I need ya advice or Tim's advice on whether i shld get a Martin D-28. It seems cool but i want an experienced proffesional's views abt it. Its an instrument i wish to play for gigs.

;) Thanx
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DMBFanSJ Posted - 10/29/2002 : 4:09:30 PM
LOL Yes, I teased them about saying 'lah' all the time...by their senior years they used it less and less haha
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/29/2002 : 06:08:08 AM
hahaha yea.. Singapore was a British colony after all. Hey u noe.. if u go up to the Singaporeans and end all ur conversations wif "lah"

Like.. "Hey you are so groovy lah" they will instantly recognise our jargon.

Hey anyone noes how to pluck and shred spanish style? Its really fast man..
pcbTIM Posted - 10/28/2002 : 1:21:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DMBFanSJ

There were several students from Singapore at my school and I was lucky enough to hang out with several of them. They all seemed really cool, although they call money 'notes' and call an elevator a 'lift' heheh

Sounds more like they were from England.
DMBFanSJ Posted - 10/28/2002 : 1:17:33 PM
That's too funny! I had no idea you weren't allowed to chew gum there!

There were several students from Singapore at my school and I was lucky enough to hang out with several of them. They all seemed really cool, although they call money 'notes' and call an elevator a 'lift' heheh
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/27/2002 : 10:07:17 PM
hMM basically Singapore is the best place for Tourists in Southeast Asia.. we have the cleanest city in the planet, 2nd to Switzerland i think and well Singapore has all sorts a people.. a cosmopolitan kinda place.. really small island.. the kinds of ppl realli vary.. gifted ppl are usually those in charge of politics and well gifted kids are identified early n given more stuff to study n so a large number commit suicied in the end.

We don't really have a clean Human Rights Record because we have an organissation called the ISD (Internal Security Department) which acts like a "Gestapo"/"KGB" where they have the right to detain anyone suspicious. Doesnt really affect anyone except troublemakers and ppl who stir racial mistrust. But thanks to the ISD our country managed to arrest n crackdown on a planned terrorist attack on our Train station. The Full force of the ISD swept down upon the terroirst like pineapples in their ass. Without them we could haveb een like Bali.

In the past, "men with long hair will be served last" was a policy enacted to keep hippies out of the country. So i guess Yani or Kitaro was banned from coming to Singapore. Well thats all i can think of my country now. Feel free to ask anymore questions.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 12:15:53 PM
What are people like there? Or have you been to the US so that you can make an honest comparison? I mean, are people overweight, smart, redneck, gifted or what? I know my dad went there once to install a cellular telephone system (which incidentally he designed a great part of).

Is it really clean and non-touristy? I guess I want the basics. But I suppose I should be careful asking that, because I've asked two people at work (one Irish and one Yugoslavian) these same questions and I ended up getting a 30 minute lecture about Yugoslavian politics and the "stupid people" that cause and continue civil wars... I do not care about politics, I want to know about the land, the everyday life, etc. Maybe this isn't the best place...hmm... don't answer if you don't want to.
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/27/2002 : 11:01:33 AM
LOL yea.. true... ya noe i was amused when the American show Ripley's Believe It Or Not featured Singapore as a country that was outta this world coz we fine n cane ppl who chew gum n possess chewing gum. Struck me as funny coz its been like that ever since i was born and i think its a great idea.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/27/2002 : 09:45:43 AM
People in Singapore can, they just can't spit on the sidewalk.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/27/2002 : 06:31:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Clarence_chung_zm

Hhahahha guys guys.. perhaps i havent made an introduction of myself proper! Im from Singapore! Im 16 tis year, Chinese male. Plays jazz and studying. So i dun think the Martin guitar offer extends all the way to my unmongoloid brethren lol. Yea.. can't wait to smell the guitar! martin...Martin...martin...

Wait a minute......people outside the US can go on the internet? Why hasn't anyone informed me?
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/27/2002 : 04:31:29 AM
Very cool... enjoy the guitar!
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/27/2002 : 04:28:42 AM
Hhahahha guys guys.. perhaps i havent made an introduction of myself proper! Im from Singapore! Im 16 tis year, Chinese male. Plays jazz and studying. So i dun think the Martin guitar offer extends all the way to my unmongoloid brethren lol. Yea.. can't wait to smell the guitar! martin...Martin...martin...
pcbTIM Posted - 10/26/2002 : 8:20:41 PM
Damn. Then it will be like an ebay item. Each of us trying to outbid each other to the point where you pay twice what it's worth with three TIMes of what you own.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/26/2002 : 11:40:20 AM
Peter, did you get the guitar or not? And if not, then ... where is it so we can all take a shot at it.
therippa Posted - 10/23/2002 : 4:27:31 PM
I got a lefty Martin D-28 with the Martin Acoutic Gold pickup. I love the sound of the guitar, the way the rosewood smells, everything about it...including the signature and doodle tim was kind enough to put on it with a sharpie!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/22/2002 : 08:43:59 AM
Well, I don't think that changes any of what we said.
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/22/2002 : 04:40:26 AM
oooPs... i meant the DM-model..
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/20/2002 : 3:17:26 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant by the drivel I put. Musicians friend has them listed for (and this is the list price, mind you) $2050. You have to email them to get their price, but I'm sure it's probably 1500 or so. So yeah, if that's a realy martin d28 and it's in new to good condition, you could probably turn right around and resell it for 3 or 4 times what you're paying.

But I'm with Silky, JUMP ON IT! $200 isn't that much, anyway, esp when you know you'll be able to at least get your $ back if you want to. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a luthier check it out, however. Check the bracing and all that stuff.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/20/2002 : 1:35:05 PM
Man... make sure it's a real d-28 for that cheap. That's well over a $1000 guitar. If it is real, JUMP ON IT! Even if you don't like it... you can turn around and make a boatload by selling it for what it actually goes for.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/20/2002 : 02:00:41 AM
quote:
US200 bucks

For US $200 ?

Hehe... I've got some beachfront property for you...
Clarence_chung_zm Posted - 10/19/2002 : 11:05:19 PM
Hmm.. yea.. i mean i tried going to a store and trying it out... but the this Martin D-28 is being sold to me by someone for US200 bucks.. n im juz wondering if its good for me to gig arnd especially for jazz n stuff...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/19/2002 : 9:06:01 PM
quote:
Have you played one? Go to a music store, and sit down with a bunch of guitars and play them all...pick the one that feels and sounds the best.

Exactly.

d-28 is a very nice guitar though. If you are planning to gig with it, you should look into having a pickup system installed from the getgo.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/19/2002 : 7:51:46 PM
quote:
pick the one that feels and sounds the best.

And then buy the one that someone tells you to buy.
Baboonboy Posted - 10/19/2002 : 7:00:31 PM
Have you played one? Go to a music store, and sit down with a bunch of guitars and play them all...pick the one that feels and sounds the best.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000