Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 TR on his knees in Niagara Falls

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 09/27/2002 : 06:06:11 AM
Quick little note. I think this was the first TIMe I have seen this on this tour. The shows keep getting better and better as TR is quite familiar with the material now. He got so into it during "Transprotable" in Niagara Fall, he dropped to his knees in front of that tiny Marshall amp and started doing this beautiful feedback solo. It has happened on a number of occasions since. I got pictures of it at Peabodys in Cleveland. I am sure Jay caught it. Happy B-day Jay!!! I bet we will see it some more as the tour progresses. Watch out, it's a helluva show!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 10/12/2002 : 05:37:46 AM
Hey Bustoff, My fave Zappa stuff is Shiek Yerbouti, Shut Up and Play Your Guitar, Joes Garage trilogy, Freak Out and Absolutely Free. I have seen the SNL performances and they are great, but if you like those, I would really recommend getting Baby Snakes(Complete). What an awesome performance. Also worth a watch is Uncle Meat and 200 Motels, but be warned, they are quite BIZARRE, but that is not a BAD thing. Zappa has always been near and dear to my heart. One of my all-time faves. I really feel you can't go wrong with any Zappa. Jazz from Hell is also pretty amazing. Zappa composed and played every sound on that, much like TR on Sanctuary, only Zappa used a synclavier, I think. It still reminds me of the way TR is working right now, creating all the music himself. Those damn musical genius'.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Bustoff Posted - 10/09/2002 : 9:13:44 PM
I love Zappa. He is definately a musical genius. Haven't been into him too long though, so i don't know a lot of his stuff. Peaches in Regalia is my favorite. And Catholic Girls. HEHE What do you guys recommend? Also, have you guys seen the old clips of his band on saturday night live back in the 70's? They rock! John Belushi even pretends to jam with them on one. hehe

~ghost_note~ Posted - 10/09/2002 : 08:22:52 AM
Hey hey, glad to be here.

Fluffy Posted - 10/09/2002 : 01:37:28 AM
Sorry, it was already to hard to find and type those little squiggly things. I thought I was doing OK with finding and typing those. Sorry I missed the space, but you haven't been around to long so it will take some getting used to. Glad to have another Zappa fan in these parts, there aren't many of us.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
~ghost_note~ Posted - 10/09/2002 : 01:08:24 AM
You should probably say ~ghost_note~. Thanks for the welcome.

Fluffy Posted - 10/09/2002 : 12:51:21 AM
Welcome aBOARD ~ghostnote~!!! (or should I say Jason?)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
~ghost_note~ Posted - 10/09/2002 : 12:37:46 AM
Allman Bros have been in regular rotation for me for a while. I really like some of their stuff.

Fluffy Posted - 10/09/2002 : 12:17:34 AM
You are totally correct about that Bustoff, I can't believe I forgot about that. I will have to mention it to TR next TIMe I see him. Great minds think alike!!!(and obviously great guitar players)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Bustoff Posted - 09/29/2002 : 4:31:23 PM
Anyone ever listen to Duane Allman (of the Allman Brothers)? That seagull sound was his trademark. Listen to Layla (the old one with Clapton playing with Derek and the Dominos). Duane Allman was a guest on that song and he does it at the end and it's very cool. :)

{=HTG=} Posted - 09/29/2002 : 01:56:16 AM
Whoa, seagulls, thats really creative. Something only Tim could do, as pcbdmb put.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
pcbTIM Posted - 09/29/2002 : 12:57:12 AM
Only TR can make something like imitating a bird with his guitar sound kewl.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Jay Posted - 09/28/2002 : 10:12:40 PM
THat is very cool indeed! Seagulls are perhaps my favourite sounding bird...It just reminds me of chilly mornings on the river fishing for trout...oh how i long for steelhead season! And, I DID catch TR on his knees! That was the coolest thing! I remember I saw him get down like that the last TIMe I saw him in Cleveland (The Agora) durning Kundalini...wow! It's great!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Fluffy Posted - 09/28/2002 : 05:06:55 AM
Thats what I thought, glad you agree!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/27/2002 : 11:13:35 AM
That's just plain cool.

Fluffy Posted - 09/27/2002 : 06:10:31 AM
Oh, I almost forgot to mention a little anecdote relayed to my by TR. As we were checking into our hotel in Niagara Falls, there were some seagulls flying overhead and TR started imitating him. He then told me they were the inspiration for him to pick up a strat in C-ville. He said he used to sit on his porch and try to imitate the sounds they would make as they would fly overhead with the Strat. I imagine a beautiful mental picture of TR outside making sounds on the guitar and talking to the seagulls as they talk back. BEAUTIFUL!! And we always wondered how he arrived at some of those bizarre sounds he manages to create or pull out of a guitar. The answer: SEAGULLS

Strange but true!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000